Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #3,586 of 35,472
Soundstage winner is Havi by a close margin.

Sub bass winner is tenore.

Just my opinion.

No amp, tenore sq wins easy

With amp, havi sq edges tenore and crushes many more, including more expensive models.

Both are winners.

I concur with you on all. Honestly I'm not the least bit curious about the Ostrys.  Not with these 2. Makes you wonder what will be the next hype? KZ's possibly?

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #3,587 of 35,472
  It says "Account suspended" - but penon audio is still available on ebay as bigbargainsonline. 

Given the sterling service they have been giving in the past, I believe this is a hiccup that will get rectified soon. 
About 1-2 weeks ago, my friend received a shipment from them - everything top notch. 

Try contacting them on ebay - you should get reply shortly.

Ebay noob here

Can't find the page, care to link it?

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #3,588 of 35,472

Even the soundstage width? I don't have Havi to compare, but I never experienced anything as wide as Tenores.  I mean, RE400B (balanced wired) sound is very wide paired up with HM700, but not as much air as Tenores.  It's like Zero Audio guys have a built-in reverb in there lol!!!

Btw, Doppios are coming along nicely with more burn in.  They can't match the width and the airiness of Tenores, but do have more bass quantity and a more solid build.  The only concern is their very high sensitivity.  Sure it makes it easy to drive and they are VERY efficient, but it introduces a bit of hissing noise, hearable when you pause the music.  Noticeable more with AP100 source since it has a huge driving voltage.

I will not argue that. My very first impression of the Tenores was how amazingly wide the soundstage was, and it still is. Never heard that kind of separation before.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #3,589 of 35,472
  I concur with you on all. Honestly I'm not the least bit curious about the Ostrys.  Not with these 2. Makes you wonder what will be the next hype? KZ's possibly?

Ya, after getting a good seal on these kz ed3, I'm really impressed. Too bad the stock tips they ship with it are crap. They honestly sound like a poor man's gr07 BE. Not as good all around but the same type of tuning and signature. They are awesome and definitely do punch well above the 25 measly bucks I paid for a pair. Ya, the hype on these will be big. I still like the tenore better though.

Here I was thinking they didn't have any sub bass, turns out I didn't have a seal. Sorry guys...

By the way, with all the hype with the vsd3, I just saw the gr07BE on ebay for 130 usd shipped brand new from LMUE! That's a steal! I had to order one.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #3,590 of 35,472
  It says "Account suspended" - but penon audio is still available on ebay as bigbargainsonline. 

Given the sterling service they have been giving in the past, I believe this is a hiccup that will get rectified soon. 
About 1-2 weeks ago, my friend received a shipment from them - everything top notch. 

Try contacting them on ebay - you should get reply shortly.

thanks man. they sure had/have very good service and prices

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,591 of 35,472

Ya, after getting a good seal on these kz ed3, I'm really impressed. Too bad the stock tips they ship with it are crap. They honestly sound like a poor man's gr07 BE. Not as good all around but the same type of tuning and signature. They are awesome and definitely do punch well above the 25 measly bucks I paid for a pair. Ya, the hype on these will be big. I still like the tenore better though.

Here I was thinking they didn't have any sub bass, turns out I didn't have a seal. Sorry guys...

By the way, with all the hype with the vsd3, I just saw the gr07BE on ebay for 130 usd shipped brand new from LMUE! That's a steal! I had to order one.

Yeah I forgot about the vsd3/5. That is a good price. From what I recall unless I'm wrong LMUE isn't real competitively priced in general.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #3,592 of 35,472
  Ebay noob here

Can't find the page, care to link it?

http://www.ebay.de/sch/bigbargainonline/m.html?item=380837555791&hash=item58abafee4f&pt=US_Headphones&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

just put any item # in search on "your" ebay - I linked German one because it is in my time zone and thus time errors in auctions are prevented.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #3,593 of 35,472
LMUE is probably the best place to get your Vsonic stuff from. Their other things are priced very competitively as well. I've generally had very good experience buying from them before (Rockit R50, GR01, VSD1S) and so I will vouch for them.

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #3,596 of 35,472

Definitely. That's usually an indication that their website is causing some kind of problem consuming too many resources with the commercial web hosting service, not a sign that the company is folding up. The web host will suspend the account until the problem is fixed.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,597 of 35,472
I ordered the KZ ED3 from shutian wang on 23 May and the tg-38s (2 pieces) from passerby wei on 12 May, both on Aliexpress. Just picked up the ED3 from the post office, while the tg-38s still haven't arrived (oddly they have a tracking number from the Netherlands). The dispute for the tg-38s is "in progress". (In case you're wondering, I'm in Australia.)

And then it gets stranger. Opened the package containing the ED3 and found a one-Chinese Yuan bill tucked into the cardboard sleeve. Opened the box and found that there was only one stock ear tip (the translucent one with a red core) in place. Looked on the floor to check that the other hadn't fallen off when I took the earphones out of the ziplock bag, but didn't find anything. There were three other pairs of ear tips in the box, but they were all plain black ones. Could the 1 Chinese Yuan (16 US cents) be compensation for the irregular package?

So I've tried the earphones the medium-sized black tips on. My regular earphones these days are the Vsonic GR07 Classic, and the ED3 isn't that much of a downgrade, right out of the box. The initial impression is that the ED3 has a weightier bottom end and a little less top end sparkle. The fit is fairly comfortable, though I wish it had a sliding cinch.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,598 of 35,472
  I ordered the KZ ED3 from shutian wang on 23 May and the tg-38s (2 pieces) from passerby wei on 12 May, both on Aliexpress. Just picked up the ED3 from the post office, while the tg-38s still haven't arrived (oddly they have a tracking number from the Netherlands). The dispute for the tg-38s is "in progress". (In case you're wondering, I'm in Australia.)

Passerby Wei has a 83.3% feedback. Why didn't you buy it from Alice Zeng, like everybody else?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Croons-tingo-tg-38s-earbud-earphones-pk-mx985-a8-hifi-balanced/1428384889.html

Anyway, it's only been 3 weeks, free shipping through China Post can take 4-6 weeks.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,599 of 35,472
Any good cheap AMPs for low impedance cans? I see plenty of <$60 amps out there but I don't know if there are reviews for them. Curious if I could get a portable amp that can drive orthos haha. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #3,600 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back