Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #2,088 of 35,472

Just wondering, have you tried the Don Scorpio Bass Color?  I saw them on Penon and was just wondering about them since they're within my budget.

They are rebrands of the Velodyne VPulse, which were probably actually created by them. Same package and everything.

The VPulse is normally $90, so lots of value there.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #2,089 of 35,472
I'm loving the Drama. It's probably the ultimate EDM basshead can. It's what Beats should be.

Considering the $200+ price they debuted at, they are just awesome at the price I paid. They look gorgeous, and they are very comfy.

The big draw to these, is that the midrange is crystal clear, even with the tight subwoofer bass blaring. All the reviews say the highs are somewhat timid, but I don't think so. They are very much prominent while I'm listening to the new Skrillex album. Less prominent than the Dolphin, but not really missing either. It brought the basshead out of me again.

The Drama is smoother, easier to listen, warm tilted. The Dolphin is more boosted mid and treble wise, yet also has great bass too. I really like them both, despite neither really being good for Studio Monitor use. Then again, the M50 was called a "studio monitor", and those things are far from it.

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,092 of 35,472
I'm loving the Drama. It's probably the ultimate EDM basshead can. It's what Beats should be.

Considering the $200+ price they debuted at, they are just awesome at the price I paid. They look gorgeous, and they are very comfy.

The big draw to these, is that the midrange is crystal clear, even with the tight subwoofer bass blaring. All the reviews say the highs are somewhat timid, but I don't think so. They are very much prominent while I'm listening to the new Skrillex album. Less prominent than the Dolphin, but not really missing either. It brought the basshead out of me again.

The Drama is smoother, easier to listen, warm tilted. The Dolphin is more boosted mid and treble wise, yet also has great bass too. I really like them both, despite neither really being good for Studio Monitor use. Then again, the M50 was called a "studio monitor", and those things are far from it.

Thank you! I'm very happy with the Dolphin's for my intended use, as a matter of fact I use them almost every evening while my wife watches her TV shows.

I got the Takstar TS-662 today and first impression is not very good. Sounds pretty cheap in some odd way and way less soundstage than one would expect from a 53mm driver in a open design. Let's see if they improve with some more time on them.......

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #2,093 of 35,472
The Don Scorpio Dolphin, Drama, and Bass Colour are tremendous finds. They have gone down in price since their initial offering because no one seems to know of them. Might as well get them now before they catch on.

For instance, the Bass Colour is now known to be the Velodyne VPulse, all the way down to the packaging themselves being identical on the inside. That's $90 on Amazon. On the Don Scorpio Taobao, they are going for 99 yuan, or $16. ~$35 shipped via a quick mail service from Penon Audio. See the value? I do, that's why I own them all :)

The coolest undocumented feature, is the ability to daisy chain as many Dolphins and Dramas together off one line as you can. Makes A/Bing a sinch.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,094 of 35,472
  The Don Scorpio Dolphin, Drama, and Bass Colour are tremendous finds. They have gone down in price since their initial offering because no one seems to know of them. Might as well get them now before they catch on.

For instance, the Bass Colour is now known to be the Velodyne VPulse, all the way down to the packaging themselves being identical on the inside. That's $90 on Amazon. On the Don Scorpio Taobao, they are going for 99 yuan, or $16. ~$35 shipped via a quick mail service from Penon Audio. See the value? I do, that's why I own them all :)

The coolest undocumented feature, is the ability to daisy chain as many Dolphins and Dramas together off one line as you can. Makes A/Bing a sinch.

and while you daisy chain them, the first in chain headphone's volume stays the same (doesn't drop).

Regarding Drama, that's nice to know about the bass, might be a bit too much for me.  Will have to checkout Skrillex "Recess" tonight with Dolphins :wink:

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #2,095 of 35,472
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #2,096 of 35,472
Hi there!

I got my Havi B3 Pro Mark I ( Red dot on package) two days ago and tried all combos with it

It sounds just awesome on my: FLAC  > Galaxy S4 > UD110v2 > cmoy > Havi B3pro
and also my SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip > PA2V2 > Havi B3pro

BUT It seems my unit is a DOA Dead on arrival

when I amp higher just a notch my left earpiece start clipping and burring on High pitch sound (egg. classic music choirs Samuel Barber - Agnus Dei, The Choir of Trinity College, Cambridge / Richard Marlow) << http://youtu.be/UFXsCYPdFdY

EDIT (1)
critical parts starts around ~1:10 where female choirs overlap
TESTED sucessfully with
Pl30 soundmagic (cheap but no cracking or hissing)
ksc35/porto pro (marvelous, not that wide soundstage but I dont even need an amp for this!)
DT990 pro via cmoy awesome, feels like live
HD650 nuthin to say excellent, make my head turn for the echoes of choirs...

leaves me to the only solution my havi pro are fried or DOA
the left piece ALSO fails on bassy and fast low punches: Hip&Hop, House and Techno-elektro musik (egg. HipHip Rap Nas - If I Rule The World - http://youtu.be/GLTOCnEn-u8 )

I tried VARIOUS scenarios: with different Dac and windows players ( Foobar, winamp, etc) but the left side seems to be not working right unfortunately :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

I have to call it in and report it to bad 

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #2,100 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back