Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2,056 of 35,472
This is just marketing talk. B3 have two dynamic drivers (2x2) without any unusual patents.

Absolutely nothing beats the old Havi B3 Pro pound for pound though, for me. Eats most, if not all >$199 earphones for lunch.

In my opinion, B3 Pro v1 are losing in sq with Audeo, FAD Adagio III or even Somic MH415 (only modded B3 may be better than Somic). Low dynamic and not really good bass (a bit too small impact and little lack of balance between mid-bass and sub​​-bass) significantly reduces their final evaluation.
Havi are cool for $50, but you can find more interesting iem under $100.

The 4 wire cord is not marketing. It is literally wired in series between both dual drivers, but terminates in parallel at the tip, which is unique. In effect, it is kind of wired in a way like a balanced amp is.

I don't think the MH415 matches the fidelity and clarity of the B3 at all. Both are great though. The Havi takes bass boost extremely well and sounds fantastic and plentiful through my tube amp, making the neutral bass a non issue.

I haven't heard the Audeo or FAD, but I've yet to find a better IEM under $200, let alone $100.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,057 of 35,472
  What makes the B3 more fun than the RE-400?  Are you finding that they have more bass?

Yes bass quantity and forward middle with tame high.  I did not buy these for a reference sound.  I wanted a IEM that is good for grab and go/doing choirs etc. when music is not first priority.  For $60 these do this much better than the RE400.  I enjoy the RE400 but they work better when I am not busy.  I find that the B3 are fun and energetic, just what I was looking for.  But what do I know, I use AKG K81DJ for ear protection when using yard power tools.  They where cheap, seal out the noise well enough and the sound is OK for the task.  They are paired with a Fiio E11/32gig iPod mini kit.  I have other kits for when the music is most important.

Thanks,
R

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,058 of 35,472
I think it is just supposed to be "balance dual" and "blance" is bad translation/spelling mistake? Balance as in they are drivers of the same size thus in balance and not 9mm/5mm, 8mm/6mm etc. The "parallel output" part is pretty self explanatory.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #2,059 of 35,472
I don't want bass boost, I want something without lazy mid-bass (as in B3, which are all lazy even on amp that drives orthos) - that's why I prefer MH415. Havi are more neutral than Somic, but could be made clearer to draw all the flavors of music.
Drivers wired in series? Don't BW R1 have the same for a long time?

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #2,060 of 35,472
.............. and sounds fantastic and plentiful through my tube amp, making the neutral bass a non issue.

+1

I also agree with best I've heard under $100, but as always YMMV.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,061 of 35,472
My Takstar TS-662 has landed I Norway! Should have them on Wednesday the latest. Didn't really find much information about them online so I'm really looking forward to check them out......

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #2,062 of 35,472
  I really hate the Havi B3 Pro (original) since they have made me loose interest in getting any new IEM's 
wink.gif

I've got a personal top limit of $100 on IEM's and I really can't see anything under that price point that can compete with the Havi's at this moment.

Hi Peter, How are u doing? :p
So you gave up on idea getting the Dn-1k?
Maybe you posted this before but how you compare B3 pro to pistons?

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #2,065 of 35,472
Hi Peter, How are u doing? :p
So you gave up on idea getting the Dn-1k?
Maybe you posted this before but how you compare B3 pro to pistons?

All fine here Bananiq, even starting to get some daylight over here :wink: I trust you're fine as well?

Yeah, I managed to get a hold of myself and a stick to my maximum $100 on an iem mantra. Luckily the original B3's got available again and saved my day?

The Piston's and the B3's are really different from each other. To put it short Piston's are great fun and has very nice bass extension. The B3's on the other hand have way less bass than the Piston's but outperforms them in every other area. They're very well balanced and have great soundstage and separation. I still wish that they had a bit more subbass. They're really outstanding for most of the music that I listen to and if I feel the need for more bass on some music I've got enough other options for that :wink:

As always YMMV, but for my preferred music (Passengers, Eva Cassidy, Jack Johnson, Suzanne Vega, Ben Howard, Ane Brun etc) they're perfect for me.

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2,068 of 35,472
Congratulations bhazard! I'm really looking forward to your comparison between the two when you get some time with them.

Tbh I wouldn't need any more bass than the Dolphin's deliver so maybe I'll manage to stay clear of the Drama's.

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #2,069 of 35,472
All fine here Bananiq, even starting to get some daylight over here
wink.gif
I trust you're fine as well?

Yeah, I managed to get a hold of myself and a stick to my maximum $100 on an iem mantra. Luckily the original B3's got available again and saved my day?

The Piston's and the B3's are really different from each other. To put it short Piston's are great fun and has very nice bass extension. The B3's on the other hand have way less bass than the Piston's but outperforms them in every other area. They're very well balanced and have great soundstage and separation. I still wish that they had a bit more subbass. They're really outstanding for most of the music that I listen to and if I feel the need for more bass on some music I've got enough other options for that
wink.gif

As always YMMV, but for my preferred music (Passengers, Eva Cassidy, Jack Johnson, Suzanne Vega, Ben Howard, Ane Brun etc) they're perfect for me.

I am good as well, ordered B3 Proi last night so looking forward to see (hear) what u guys are talking about :) . Thinking about some other IEMs with better bass - TE-05 is really appealing but pricetag close to the Dn-1k, however they seem to be better than dunus also mochill approved :) Or I just stay down and go with crowd and order pistons.

Bhazard: looking forward to your Drama vs Dolphin comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back