Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #2,101 of 35,472
They say TS662 are the worst of all Takstar.

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #2,102 of 35,472
Quote from penaudio regarding my problem with the HAVI-B3 Pro mark I

"have many customer have this problem.
well. it caused your dirty plug.
would you please try to cleaning the plug?
and,
please don't make the sound too loud when you burn the earphone, 
you have to  progressive when listening music, 
Do not start to open very loud sound.
Also try not to burn too long time. 
Try to start listening to softer music
 anyway, hope you can try it and please don't worry.
if you earphone really have problem we will resolve it for you:)"

1st ...the plugs, the jack and obviously my ears are clean and cerumen free (earwax)
do I really have to burn in these IEM? never heard that before, even my cheap Galaxy S4 OEM Headset sounds better right now..

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #2,103 of 35,472
Quote from penaudio regarding my problem with the HAVI-B3 Pro mark I

"have many customer have this problem.
well. it caused your dirty plug.
would you please try to cleaning the plug?
and,
please don't make the sound too loud when you burn the earphone, 
you have to  progressive when listening music, 
Do not start to open very loud sound.
Also try not to burn too long time. 
Try to start listening to softer music
 anyway, hope you can try it and please don't worry.
if you earphone really have problem we will resolve it for you:)"

1st ...the plugs, the jack and obviously my ears are clean and cerumen free (earwax)
do I really have to burn in these IEM? never heard that before, even my cheap Galaxy S4 OEM Headset sounds better right now..

Bad luck 
frown.gif

But Bigbargainonline (penonaudio) have 1 year guarantee. I think they will resolve the problem...

Please inform us about their solution.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #2,104 of 35,472

Bad luck 
frown.gif

But Bigbargainonline (penonaudio) have 1 year guarantee. I think they will resolve the problem...

Please inform us about their solution.

They replied within like 30 minutes!
I checked now further with other headphones.. but the left earpiece is still bad... I dont know what went wrong? I never overpowered that little thing, it first started ok, but I was just listening to light classical stuff, switched to R&B and Rap.. (without any additional Head-Amping) and had crazy distortion on left piece, now the even the bass is muddy...  switched back to my samsung galaxy s4 original manufacturer headset and clear as usual..

I will send them back, and I dont know what I should do know??

a. ) Get a 1:1 replacement
b. ) Get the amount I paided (minus shipping) credited for ANOTHER headphone penaudio sells

Want I want is a IEM: easy listening, at least dual drivers > hybrid, or just like the havi, or even just dual balanced armature.. my pricerange is ~100USD

Any suggestions?

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #2,105 of 35,472

I checked now further with other headphones.. but the left earpiece is still bad... I dont know what went wrong? I never overpowered that little thing, it first started ok, but I was just listening to light classical stuff, switched to R&B and Rap.. (without any additional Head-Amping) and had crazy distortion on left piece, now the even the bass is muddy...  switched back to my samsung galaxy s4 original manufacturer headset and clear as usual..

b. ) Get the amount I paided (minus shipping) credited for ANOTHER headphone penaudio sells

Want I want is a IEM: easy listening, at least dual drivers > hybrid, or just like the havi, or even just dual balanced armature.. my pricerange is ~100USD

Any suggestions?

You could open them up and look if there's some obvious reason for the error. Maybe there's just a bad soldering or something like that. They're pretty easy to open. I've done some moddings on my pair of the old version so if you need any help just PM me or as here. I think I've opened them more than 10 times while tuning them to their best performance.

Edit: If you open them make sure that you agree on doing this with the seller first!

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #2,106 of 35,472
The Drama is smoother, easier to listen, warm tilted. The Dolphin is more boosted mid and treble wise, yet also has great bass too. I really like them both, despite neither really being good for Studio Monitor use. Then again, the M50 was called a "studio monitor", and those things are far from it.

Are you saying that both are not as good as M50, which is similar in price?

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2,107 of 35,472
  Are you saying that both are not as good as M50, which is similar in price?

What he says is that the Don Scorpion's are not studio monitors (for professional use) and neither is M50.

Comparision with M50 would be interesting though.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #2,108 of 35,472

Any suggestions?

From all the reviews about them (and personal communication) I see no reason for "not to order" another Havi. There seems to be no equal at that price point... (But I have not received mine yet, thoughts from others).

You heard them for sometime and liked the sound (before everything went bad), don't you?

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,109 of 35,472
guys i'm not really much of an audiophile and tend to only splash out once a year on new headphones, it would be great if you could share a bit of advice. 

I'm thinking of getting the bass colours for use in the gym, if they are pretty hard hitting (currently have brainwavz deltas and they don't hit the spot)

then some new cans for use at home when i want a bit of a more refined listen - would either the dolphins or drama be good for this?

When I'm at home i generally listen to hip hop and chilled electronic music (chet faker, bonobo, etc.)

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #2,110 of 35,472
From all the reviews about them (and personal communication) I see no reason for "not to order" another Havi. There seems to be no equal at that price point... (But I have not received mine yet, thoughts from others).

You heard them for sometime and liked the sound (before everything went bad), don't you?

I tried them and oh my god soundstage detail was awesome I could even hear the conductor turning pages and the cellist silently coughing. But I don't know what happened they are not the same anymore.
I tried them out a whole day with my cellphone galaxy s4 directly at work since it ordered them directly there or I would miss the postman
I want definitely a working pair of these excellent iem and penaudio has very fast reply times to my mails.
At this price point there is just nothing comparable or is there any dual balanced armature iem or hybrid that would give similar results?

I just want to share my experience and see if anyone had same bad luck as me

For the sizzle I hooked the havi B3 pro to my rockbox'ed sansa zip clip on very low volume it's okay so far but there is no audible detail and clarity. If I turn the volume up a bit works great but for the critical parts murmur in bass and clipping in the highs... Also I didn't opened the iem yet I am still waiting a reply
If I open them I make sure to take some macro photos

So back to buying suggestion
Should I wait till the T poes h300 or dunu dn 2k drop significant in price?

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #2,111 of 35,472
  guys i'm not really much of an audiophile and tend to only splash out once a year on new headphones, it would be great if you could share a bit of advice. 

I'm thinking of getting the bass colours for use in the gym, if they are pretty hard hitting (currently have brainwavz deltas and they don't hit the spot)

then some new cans for use at home when i want a bit of a more refined listen - would either the dolphins or drama be good for this?

When I'm at home i generally listen to hip hop and chilled electronic music (chet faker, bonobo, etc.)

Sounds to me that you want to maximize your bass intake, so Bass Colours and Drama would be a good choice.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2,112 of 35,472
  What he says is that the Don Scorpion's are not studio monitors (for professional use) and neither is M50.

Comparision with M50 would be interesting though.

OK, here is my take on M50 and Dolphin (since I have both), and studio monitors definition.  In my opinion the line between audiophile headphones and studio monitors is not very clear.  Among other things, I'm also a bedroom producer so I have my own definition of studio monitors functionality.  If you are a sound designer (most of the EDM sound designers work with VST virtual instruments anyway), it's important to have audiophile headphones to hear deals of every oscillator, every effect, every modulation, etc.  When you are producing a song it's important to work with a neutral response of the sound so you apply correct EQ and adjust the levels and overall dynamics to produce a balanced mix that will sound great on any speaker or headphone - the quality of details is not necessary for music production while you are producing, but more necessary in analyzing the final mix once it's done.

With that in mind, M50 is great for studio monitoring when you are producing audio content (though it does have an enhanced bass response).  Dolphin is on par with Momentum (I had that over-ear version briefly) which in my opinion is more of a close-back audiophile headphones with a nicely enhanced bass response.  Also, audiophile monitors could be used for both, to analyze sound details and to use as studio monitors, though comfort and durability is another important factor of studio monitors because you take them on and off a lot and often need to use in single cup dj-style.  In that respect, Dolphins are not durable enough to be used as studio monitors that will take a lot of abuse :wink:

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure some might disagree with it.  I also know that, and I'm sure a lot can relate, once you get a new pair of headphones sometimes you get overexcited until a week or two later it settles down.  This effect happened with a lot of my headphones, but with Dolphins I'm still very excited every time I put these on.  The only thing, I wish a build quality would be a little less "creaky", and headband would be more springy.  V-Moda M100 set a very high standard in build quality (not so much in sound quality lol!!!), so I always compare everything to those.

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,113 of 35,472

Sounds to me that you want to maximize your bass intake, so Bass Colours and Drama would be a good choice.

Many thanks for your reply,  you are spot on about the bass, in the gym I want them to be bass heavy. 

However, at home I prefer a "less intense listen", I guess more of a warm sound rather than hard hitting if that makes any sense? 

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2,114 of 35,472
In that case, in-ear Bass Colours for the gym and over-ear Dolphin to enjoy at home. From previous reviews/comparison of Drama and Dolphin, Drama might be a little too much bass for relaxing :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back