Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #14,912 of 35,472
I can only speak for myself, but I have the Tennmak version of the IE800 that I copped on Aliexpress and its very good. 

It's not for those sensitive to treble, and it can get a bit hot up top, kind of like the VSONIC GR07 series, but it has very good resolution and soundstage width, depth, and height. It comes with nice accesories and a cool case.

It definitely needs a good amount of aggresive burn in for about 30 hours to tame the treble. It is very harsh up top right out of the box.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #14,914 of 35,472
  Just to add, it has a V-signature with great bass. The mids are not recessed and have a slightly dry sense to them, and with good resolution.

That's actually how it looks from FR graph of that IE800 in aliexpress page above :wink:  Slightly V-shaped with boost in high frequencies, including 8k peak.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #14,915 of 35,472
That's actually how it looks from FR graph of that IE800 in aliexpress page above :wink:  Slightly V-shaped with boost in high frequencies, including 8k peak.
Well then, my ears weren't lying to me LOL

Jkjk good find bro.

Ya, the discussion forced me to pop them in for a quick listen, and reconfirmed with a big thumbs up.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #14,916 of 35,472
So, @Hisoundfi , basically if I'm not really a treble head, should I stay away? What they have for sale now is the "Improved version 2", at least that's what they call it. Do you have the same version or is it the first gen? How would you compare the sound of these to the TTPOD T1E or Xiaomi Piston 2.1 for example? Cuz these are my favorites so far in terms of sound signature. Thanks. This discussion is getting more and more interesting :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #14,917 of 35,472
  So, @Hisoundfi , basically if I'm not really a treble head, should I stay away? What they have for sale now is the "Improved version 2", at least that's what they call it. Do you have the same version or is it the first gen? How would you compare the sound of these to the TTPOD T1E or Xiaomi Piston 2.1 for example? Cuz these are my favorites so far in terms of sound signature. Thanks. This discussion is getting more and more interesting :)

Good question. Also the Black and Blue have mic and control. The grey a straight cable.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #14,918 of 35,472

We are talking about two different things, bud. Any active electronic circuit does require to have protection (over-voltage, over-current during charging, and some basic filtering to clean up power supply, etc.).  But, unless I misunderstood your original question/comment, we are talking about amplifier with power on and someone going in with bare hands and removing a socketed opamp chip (IC) and plugging another one in.

Wait.  Who said anything about changing the op amps with the power charging?  That's not what I'm saying at all!! 

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #14,919 of 35,472

Good question. Also the Black and Blue have mic and control. The grey a straight cable.

Yeah, we shall wait and see what the master Hisoundfi has to say :wink:
In any case, I just sent a message to the seller asking if there's any difference in terms of sound quality between the "Music version" (No mic - Straight cable) and the Blue / Black color option with remote and inline microphone. Tony, the seller, is apparently well known in Asia as a professional and true audiophile. This is exciting! haha

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #14,920 of 35,472
I can only speak for myself, but I have the Tennmak version of the IE800 that I copped on Aliexpress and its very good. 

It's not for those sensitive to treble, and it can get a bit hot up top, kind of like the VSONIC GR07 series, but it has very good resolution and soundstage width, depth, and height. It comes with nice accesories and a cool case.

It definitely needs a good amount of aggresive burn in for about 30 hours to tame the treble. It is very harsh up top right out of the box.

I am kinda tempted to buy these, how about using narrow bore tips like Sony Hybrids? I am okay with compressed soundstage but I am not fond of sibilence.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #14,921 of 35,472

I am kinda tempted to buy these, how about using narrow bore tips like Sony Hybrids? I am okay with compressed soundstage but I am not fond of sibilence.

For anyone that missed it they include -
7pairs exclusive whirlwind eartips 
1pair memory foam 

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #14,922 of 35,472

I'm not sure about a version 1 and 2. I bought mine around Christmas time, and I got the black one with the snake cable. Here is the link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-IE800-HiFi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-microphone-remote-new-free-shipping/32223603803.html

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #14,923 of 35,472
I don't necessarily look for gears with sharp treble, so these caught me off guard. I really like them even with the spike up top. It's not overwhelming or bad by any means. They are just elevated in both bass and treble, so listening to them at unhealthy listening volumes (which you shouldn't do anyways) will get fatiguing. I really like the tuning of these. Their bass speed and response is fantastic, midrange is good, and treble is also. It's just a well tuned V-shaped IEM.

If you like the T1E and Pistons, these are the same type of tuning with maybe just a touch more top end emphasis. At the same time, I think the overall sound on these is better than the Pistons, and almost on the same level as the T1E and with a different tuning. If you like those two, you will probably like these as well. I listened to the Tennmak IE800 for a long time during the holidays, and caught myself really enjoying them and getting lost in the music at moderate/medium volume. I think that's the mark of a really good piece of audio gear, when you stop thinking so much about the gear and settings you're using and just tell yourself these are so great that all you're going to do is kick back enjoy the music that's playing.

Sometimes in this hobby we miss out because we dismiss products that don't describe what we are used to liking. Some of my favorite finds were with stuff that is outside my comfort zone, just like the IEM we are currently discussing.

Hope this helps

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #14,924 of 35,472

Wait.  Who said anything about changing the op amps with the power charging?  That's not what I'm saying at all!! 

Shoot, I guess I read your post in the hurry from my phone and replied right away.  For some reason I thought you were talking about changing opamp, while you wrote "charging amp" lol!!!  My bad.  Yeah, that doesn't sound right because there should be some isolation between charging the battery of the amp and using amp at the same time (battery is used to charge internal components).  But by the same token, there is a number of external batteries which you can't use charging other devices while you charging the battery itself.  Not sure if it's related to the charging converter circuit, etc.  Either way, that makes it very inconvenient, I agree.

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #14,925 of 35,472
  I don't necessarily look for gears with sharp treble, so these caught me off guard. I really like them even with the spike up top. It's not overwhelming or bad by any means. They are just elevated in both bass and treble, so listening to them at unhealthy listening volumes (which you shouldn't do anyways) will get fatiguing. I really like the tuning of these. Their bass speed and response is fantastic, midrange is good, and treble is also. It's just a well tuned V-shaped IEM.

If you like the T1E and Pistons, these are the same type of tuning with maybe just a touch more top end emphasis. At the same time, I think the overall sound on these is better than the Pistons, and almost on the same level as the T1E and with a different tuning. If you like those two, you will probably like these as well. I listened to the Tennmak IE800 for a long time during the holidays, and caught myself really enjoying them and getting lost in the music at moderate/medium volume. I think that's the mark of a really good piece of audio gear, when you stop thinking so much about the gear and settings you're using and just tell yourself these are so great that all you're going to do is kick back enjoy the music that's playing.

Sometimes in this hobby we miss out because we dismiss products that don't describe what we are used to liking. Some of my favorite finds were with stuff that is outside my comfort zone, just like the IEM we are currently discussing.

Hope this helps

And I say, Amen brotha! I cannot agree with you more than I already do.
Sounds promising anyway, I think I'm going for it, wish me luck! haha :)
I might get the remote+mic version so it would be fully functional as my daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back