Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #14,896 of 35,472
  those whirlwind ones came with my T1E and i think they made them sound dull IMO and made the inside of my ear canals hurt.  the one thing they did do is seal well.

My friend, in order to get excellent result you need the right combination. 
tongue.gif

Fidue A71 is really unique. If you try to insert the tips into your ear canals too deep, you will experience real bass cannon, it will shake your head.  Just do shallow insertion, bass will be tamed and beautiful vocal will step forward. You can even  hang A71 on your ear just like normal earbud.  
eek.gif
  You will feel more comfortable. 

Many people try to get close system into their ears with A71, that kind of configuration is for basshead! Don’t do it if you’re not bass lover. 
L3000.gif

In conclusion, sound signature depends very much on how you insert the tips

A71 is really awesome!!!   This is definitely a great release from Fidue.

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #14,898 of 35,472
Hi all

I plan to buy one of these so nice preamps. Especially the Topping NX1 (or the Bluebird U6, or U3, or the Breeze Audio E11, or E13)
I've read a few pages ago that somebody was waiting for a Bluebird E6 and would compare it with the Topping NX1. The U6 looks really nice.

But, sadly, I've never found such a message from him!

So, for anybody who has this E6, what do you think about it? Better or not than the Topping?
I've read too some words about the Breeze, now the Breeze E13 is available, what about it?

First, I planned to buy the Muse TU-20, so nice with it's tube (I already have some 6922 tubes), but I've read so many bad reviews about it that I gave up. Maybe one day The Bravo V2...

I'll use it with my Nexus7 2k3 tablet and my Sony Z1 phone.
Headphones will be a Fostex TH-7B and a Sennheiser Momentum On-ear. (Awaiting Takstar 2050 because of the CHinese new year)
Listening to every type of music, except metal, reggae and Rap.

Pierre - From France

Almost same message in the Topping NX1 thread (never know, maybe some different people, some different advices :wink:)

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #14,899 of 35,472
  Hi all

I plan to buy one of these so nice preamps. Especially the Topping NX1 (or the Bluebird U6, or U3, or the Breeze Audio E11, or E13)
I've read a few pages ago that somebody was waiting for a Bluebird E6 and would compare it with the Topping NX1. The U6 looks really nice.

But, sadly, I've never found such a message from him!

So, for anybody who has this E6, what do you think about it? Better or not than the Topping?

I received my Bluebird U6 a couple of weeks back.  I got it to use with my Sennheiser HD600.  It's not fully burned in (100 hours recommended by seller), but so far I like it.  It's definitely not warm like the FiiO amps, but it might actually be a bit bass-shy.  I purchased an LME upgrade op amp that I haven't installed yet to replace the stock TI.  I have no idea of how much difference that will make.  At this point I haven't done much serious listening, so the jury's still out on it.  Definitely a good buy at $56, but I can't yet say how it compares overall to FiiO E12 or C&C BH2.  Sorry, I don't have a Topping to compare. 

I can report a couple of basic things about the U6 as well.  First, the low gain setting is useless. It's not really low gain at all, but more of a soundfield expander setting (and a really bad one at that).  Unfortunately, this means you can't really use the U6 with IEMs at all because it puts out far too much power at low volume settings. 

Second (and this is something the seller warned me about), you must never charge the amp unless the Power switch is set to the OFF position.  Apparently, the amp will fry itself if you do (this happened to another member here).  The seller actually advised me to do the following when charging: (1) Switch the Power button OFF; and (2) unplug all other cables attached to the U6. 

I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or not, but it is a bit scary knowing you can fry your amp if you forget to switch it off first. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #14,900 of 35,472

I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or not, but it is a bit scary knowing you can fry your amp if you forget to switch it off first. 

It's like this with any electronic device, it's not advisable to hot-plug it.  OpAmp will have a power and a ground pins and if you are inserting it into a socket incorrectly or short a power pin to another signal - you can fry it.  Plus, don't forget to touch a metal frame or something metal to discharge static before handling any ICs.  As you walk on a carpet or depending on the cloth you wear or if it's dry in the house/room - there is a charge generated in your body and through ESD (electro static discharge) you can zap IC with a big amount of voltage that will either fry it or compromise its lifetime operation.  So, turn all the power off first, then touch something metal around you to discharge your body, and then replace the opamp IC.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #14,902 of 35,472
  So walk-in customers are not preferred?

You can get website discounted price if you talk to them first. Their physical shop is actually a locker inside a toy shop. Staff working there is not from LMUE.
Anyway, you still get excellent service all around since LMUE people are really responsive, including on FB chat :wink:
I just got GR07 CE and local purchase went silky smooth.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #14,903 of 35,472
finally finished!

this took a long time.... theres so much to say...

I know theres a lot of talk of the ttpod t2! hopefully this video clears things up! 

hope you guys enjoy it!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ttpod-t2-3driver-hybrid-2ba-dynamic-hybrid-drive-ed-29689-ta7801-headphones-blue-gray/reviews/12604

You described them as intimate but said the soundstage was good. Have you heard the havi b3pro? How does the soundstage compare? I'm all about 3dsoundstage and holographic imaging. I like the havi but its a little too hard panned left and right rather than encompassing. Tuning on havi is near exactly my speed, just give me a hair more sub bass extension and slam

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #14,904 of 35,472

You can get website discounted price if you talk to them first. Their physical shop is actually a locker inside a toy shop. Staff working there is not from LMUE.
Anyway, you still get excellent service all around since LMUE people are really responsive, including on FB chat :wink:
I just got GR07 CE and local purchase went silky smooth.

I did visit the locker inside the Toy Outpost about a year ago but I didn't buy anything or talk to any of the girls there. 
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #14,906 of 35,472
Yo guys, so I keep reading about these DIY IE800 that can be found on multiple Chinese sites and I was able to get some good reviews on these:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-IE800-HiFi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-microphone-remote-new-free-shipping/32223603803.html
Looks interesting for ~$28, isn't it? Anyone tried them by mistake? I talked to the seller and he claims the sound sig is rather cold with great clarity and details and deep bass.

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #14,907 of 35,472
Has anybody tried OnePlus Silver Bullets? I can get these for $14 here. 

http://www.amazon.in/OnePlus-Silver-Bullet-Earphones/dp/B00PLQQ1GU/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424603352&sr=1-5

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #14,908 of 35,472
Yes, but most of these portable amps have some sort of protection circuit.  The Bluebird apparently has none at all. 

We are talking about two different things, bud. Any active electronic circuit does require to have protection (over-voltage, over-current during charging, and some basic filtering to clean up power supply, etc.).  But, unless I misunderstood your original question/comment, we are talking about amplifier with power on and someone going in with bare hands and removing a socketed opamp chip (IC) and plugging another one in.  This has nothing to do with protection.  It's not the same as you hot-plugging USB stick or SD/microSD card into the computer or audio player where you don't have to power down the device.  You are dealing with bare parts of the circuit which are not intended to be hot-swapped when circuit power is on.  Can you design something to work as usb-stick or sd card?  Sure, you can over-engineer anything, but at a very high cost and as far as I can tell - nobody has a portable amp where you can keep the power on, take the cover off, and with bare hands unplug and plug a new opamp IC and be 100% sure you will not damage anything.  In this case you are taking a chance.  I don't have experience with tube amps, but I can imagine you have to power down the amp before swapping transistor tubes as well.

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #14,909 of 35,472
  Yo guys, so I keep reading about these DIY IE800 that can be found on multiple Chinese sites and I was able to get some good reviews on these:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-IE800-HiFi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-microphone-remote-new-free-shipping/32223603803.html
Looks interesting for ~$28, isn't it? Anyone tried them by mistake? I talked to the seller and he claims the sound sig is rather cold with great clarity and details and deep bass.

Yep I contacted him too.

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #14,910 of 35,472
  Yep I contacted him too.

I think I won't be able to resist myself and pull the trigger. What the heck? It's only ~$28 and might be a steal if the seller is standing behind his words. They claim it's a very special DIY model they make with lot of passion and love to the audiophiles out there, very interesting.
Will post impression obviously once it gets here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back