Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #14,881 of 35,472
  Well there're some dudes here with experience on chinese smarthphones so...
Anything to say about THL?
I was looking for the THL 4000, well it has an amazing 4000mAh battery and very nice price, that is almost everything I was looking for 
biggrin.gif

iNew V1 also looks interesting...

THL uses "turn-key" reference designs from MediaTek and Spreadtrum, just like most of the low-cost manufacturers in China. So the only hardware differences between them are batteries, screens and plastic. Software may have some quirks especially if the manufacturer felt the need to start customizing Android, but in general, the stuff is not horrible.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #14,883 of 35,472
Feb 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #14,884 of 35,472
  Nice! You are slowly becoming one of my trusted reviewers!
bigsmile_face.gif

Tom is good at reviewing, IMO with more experience in future he will become even better reviewer.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #14,885 of 35,472
  Tom is good at reviewing, IMO with more experience in future he will become even better reviewer.

I agree, the only thing I dislike about most reviews that they put the mid-range on a same level with vocals. Vocals are in my opinion much more. It's the right combination of all frequencies what makes vocals sound beautiful. Vocals on a purely mid-centric phone sound horrible imo since the lower frequencies enhances the thickness and treble the depth of vocals, which would be missing otherwise.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #14,886 of 35,472
I agree, the only thing I dislike about most reviews that they put the mid-range on a same level with vocals. Vocals are in my opinion much more. It's the right combination of all frequencies what makes vocals sound beautiful. Vocals on a purely mid-centric phone sound horrible imo since the lower frequencies enhances the thickness and treble the depth of vocals, which would be missing otherwise.

Couldn't have said it better. I fully agree with this.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #14,887 of 35,472

So true. This also applies to other instruments like the guitar -- it needs the bass, midrange, and treble to come together to sound its best. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #14,888 of 35,472
Well there're some dudes here with experience on chinese smarthphones so...
Anything to say about THL?
I was looking for the THL 4000, well it has an amazing 4000mAh battery and very nice price, that is almost everything I was looking for :D  
iNew V1 also looks interesting...

thl makes great low budget phones. Lately I've been using my old W8 Beyond since the power button on my thl 5000 died after 6 months of use and I'm waiting for spare parts from aliexpress that are being delayed because of Chinese new year. It's a game of chance like with any other brand. You can buy something that will last you for 3 years straight and you can buy something that will crap out on you within a couple of months. Well, at least the spare parts are cheap. I like Chinese phones. With their prices so low I can keep buying myself new phones every year and not worry too much if they break.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #14,889 of 35,472
  Nice! You are slowly becoming one of my trusted reviewers!
bigsmile_face.gif

thanks guys! i really appreciate the compliments! i have lots underway! =)

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #14,890 of 35,472
Not 100% sure where they came from but I think they came with the Xiaomi Pistons.

I found some mystery double flangers with a medium bore. The result.. very nice. The mid-bass is toned down very nicely, resulting in a nice balance, clarity and openness that I wasn't expecting out of them. But that awesome bass still comes out to play when required. Yup, the A71's do indeed rock :)

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #14,891 of 35,472

I found some mystery double flangers with a medium bore. The result.. very nice. The mid-bass is toned down very nicely, resulting in a nice balance, clarity and openness that I wasn't expecting out of them. But that awesome bass still comes out to play when required. Yup, the A71's do indeed rock :)

I also get excellent result with whirlwind eartips  
biggrin.gif
  ( strong punchy mid bass + more clarity and openness )   

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-silicon-whirlwind-eartips-earbuds-mushroom-ear-cushion-with-double-colors-wholesale-for-Munitio-NOCS/1183804_1689797619.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back