Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #14,671 of 35,472
Hi everyone!

So unfortunately I have lost my pair of Superlux 681 evos, been very melancholic but i think it's time to move on (don't ask how i lost a huge pair of headphones lol). Looking for something with the same or similar sound stage. I love the neutral leaning warm sound signature, the quality and quantity of bass is amazing along with mids/highs. Thinking about buying an iem and over the ear.

thx

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #14,672 of 35,472
Wow! I found a design fault on Soundsoul S-018 while I was checking the cables on both sides today and found the way to fix it. I noticed that the cable has some space around the strain relief at the end of both  earpieces. To fix it, I wrapped some electric tape around the cable. After this quick mod the isolation has increased dramatically and the soundstage became bigger. More details coming out from S-018. Wow, what a change! 
eek.gif

Do it now! You won't believe how much you are missing from these gems.  

Before: 

After:

Do it and share your impressions please!

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #14,673 of 35,472
  Wow! I found a design fault on Soundsoul S-018 while I was checking the cables on both sides today and found the way to fix it. I noticed that the cable has some space around the strain relief at the end of both  earpieces. To fix it, I wrapped some electric tape around the cable. After this quick mod the isolation has increased dramatically and the soundstage became bigger. More details coming out from S-018. Wow, what a change! 
eek.gif

Made no difference with mine. If you pull down on the stress relief (and risk pulling the thing off) you'll see that while it appears there is space between it and the wire, near the IEM there is not. Not sure if that varies though.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #14,674 of 35,472
I'm travelling to Shanghai in 2,5 weeks.
What head phones should i get when i'm there :)

Xiaomi pistons are probably cheap from their original stores?

Vivo Ex800 (but this is probably though to find?)

Any other??
=)

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #14,675 of 35,472
eek.gif

Before: 

After:

Done, no difference in isolation or soundstage.

Removed.

Cheers,
K

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #14,676 of 35,472
eek.gif

Faith in audiophiles: lost. 
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #14,677 of 35,472
eek.gif

Before: 

After:

The only difference in similar cases would be if you effectively seal the driver - which could leak sound trough the cable relief. It is quite possible manufacturers use such cable reliefs as vents. To do that, you need to use some liquid silicone/rubber or similar material that ultimately solidifies. Insulating tape, even if it seals well in the beginning, will over time creep and gradually the seal will get worse and worse. 

The difference is not guaranteed to be positive. You also can try sealing with blue tac and similar prior committing to inreversible mod described above.

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #14,678 of 35,472
Just got my new toy, it's MOXPAD X6. I can't believe it's only $29.99.   Very satisfied by the sound quality. 
If you guys know any IEM(~$30 USD) which has better sound quality than Moxpad X6, please suggest. 

Specification:

Speaker Type: Dynamic micro speaker
Sensitivity: 96dB SPL/mW
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 16 Ohms
Cable Length: 1350mm
Plug: 3.5mm mini stereo gold plated

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #14,680 of 35,472
  Just got my new toy, it's MOXPAD X6. I can't believe it's only $29.99.   Very satisfied by the sound quality. 
If you guys know any IEM(~$30 USD) which has better sound quality than Moxpad X6, please suggest. 

I'm yet to hear anything that beats Hifiman RE-300 in the price range, Soundsoul S-018 takes second place. I have hard time believing that anything from Moxpad isn't terrible, but hey, here I am talking about Soundsoul and Hifiman in the same sentence, I guess anything can happen 
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #14,681 of 35,472

I'm yet to hear anything that beats Hifiman RE-300 in the price range, Soundsoul S-018 takes second place. I have hard time believing that anything from Moxpad isn't terrible, but hey, here I am talking about Soundsoul and Hifiman in the same sentence, I guess anything can happen 
biggrin.gif

RE-300??? As in that $50 RE-300 that HoD(or) loves to hate?

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #14,682 of 35,472
  RE-300??? As in that $50 RE-300 that HoD(or) loves to hate?

Yeah. Well I don't know does HoD hate them or not. Now for 13 bucks from Hifiman directly: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.12.AkRPf7&id=40566774201&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=&abbucket=11

I mean seriously they were good at $50, great at $30, at $13 they beat every budget IEM out there.

edit: how can you hate RE-300?

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #14,683 of 35,472

Specification:

Speaker Type: Dynamic micro speaker
Sensitivity: 96dB SPL/mW
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 16 Ohms
Cable Length: 1350mm
Plug: 3.5mm mini stereo gold plated

Better be careful about hyping new earphones much. I don't even remember how many times I've seen the statement 'Guys, nothing can beat this at its price!'.
How much time did you spend on it before drawing the conclusion? Have you burned it in properly? Its sound signature? Any quick comparison?

I've fell before for some hype trains and it reduces the overall trust head-fiers have in this thread. 

I am not objecting that you find X6 good, but please be more detailed about it.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #14,684 of 35,472
  Better be careful about hyping new earphones much. I don't even remember how many times I've seen the statement 'Guys, nothing can beat this at its price!'.
How much time did you spend on it before drawing the conclusion? Have you burned it in properly? Its sound signature? Any quick comparison?

I've fell before for some hype trains and it reduces the overall trust head-fiers have in this thread. 

I am not objecting that you find X6 good, but please be more detailed about it.

Eh, saying "Very satisfied by the sound quality" and asking if we know anything better in the price range is hardly hyping anything. If anything, that's a very conservative statement that doesn't mean anything except that they met or exceeded his expectations.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #14,685 of 35,472

Yeah. Well I don't know does HoD hate them or not. Now for 13 bucks from Hifiman directly: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.12.AkRPf7&id=40566774201&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=&abbucket=11

I mean seriously they were good at $50, great at $30, at $13 they beat every budget IEM out there.

edit: how can you hate RE-300?

Wow. $13? Okay, now that is a price to beat.

How can you hate the RE-300? Well, the i and a versions are very bassy, or so impressions say. The h version is great for the price, but doesn't punch up the ladder very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back