Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #14,702 of 35,472

Pics* or it didn't happen 
tongue.gif

FTFY. 
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #14,703 of 35,472
Does anyone have experience with returns on Penon Audio? I need to return the $25 AG-R1's for a refund (meanwhile I ordered another pair from Penon so as not to wait for the whole process). According to my email exchange it seems he's expecting me to send the faulty ones back to him at my expense. Is this right? Seems ridiculous for a $25 purchase, when it's not my fault they're not working correctly. What's the best and cheapest way to do this (from California)? I'm slightly annoyed about it, though I still think Penon is a great vendor. Thanks for any advice.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #14,704 of 35,472
  Does anyone have experience with returns on Penon Audio? I need to return the $25 AG-R1's for a refund (meanwhile I ordered another pair from Penon so as not to wait for the whole process). According to my email exchange it seems he's expecting me to send the faulty ones back to him at my expense. Is this right? Seems ridiculous for a $25 purchase, when it's not my fault they're not working correctly. What's the best and cheapest way to do this (from California)? I'm slightly annoyed about it, though I still think Penon is a great vendor. Thanks for any advice.

wait you want to return it for a complete refund or are you just exchanging it? Just wanted to make sure. As for paying for shipping, its true that you have to pay for shipping back  to Penon but unlike most places they pay for shipping back to you.

One easy way to mitigate the cost is to just send the earphones back in an envelope and it costs less than 10 bucks. Penon didn't even ask for a tracking number. It takes a bit of time to get there but it will get there. Make sure to secure it nicely. When I was exchanging before thats the procedure I followed and it worked every time and they have been really good about getting **** back to me asap. Let me know if you have any questions or need help :)

Hope it works out for you and I know how frustrating it can be to receive a faulty product and it sucks to pay for shipping but unfortunately thats the risk you have to take when buying from abroad, regardless of country. 

Cheers :)

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #14,705 of 35,472

Here is their address where you have to mail it off:

Penon
Room 2113-2115, Level 21 Landmark
North., 39 Lung Sum Avenue.,
Sheung Shui
Hong Kong

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #14,707 of 35,472
  Here is their address where you have to mail it off...

Thanks RJ. That's a big help. I'm still a little confused about overall return costs. The item cost $25, which includes shipping. So if I send it back for an exchange, they just send me another new one, right? And if I send it for a refund, they refund me $25, right? Or do they deduct for the original shipping? I told them I wanted a refund, and I went ahead and ordered another from their site (the new year break is coming up for them, and I didn't want to wait until the end of February for my replacement to be sent). Now I'm really confused about what's the best way to go, both in terms of money and turn-around time. Since they have "free" shipping on their site, it's not clear to me what they consider the shipping cost and the item cost to be (if, as you say, they deduct shipping). I can still cancel the second order I put in, because they haven't done anything with it yet. I can still send him a round of communication since it's night there, and he'll get it tomorrow. But either way, I guess I end up paying $35 for the IEMs.
confused.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #14,708 of 35,472

Thanks RJ. That's a big help. I'm still a little confused about overall return costs. The item cost $25, which includes shipping. So if I send it back for an exchange, they just send me another new one, right? And if I send it for a refund, they refund me $25, right? Or do they deduct for the original shipping? I told them I wanted a refund, and I went ahead and ordered another from their site (the new year break is coming up for them, and I didn't want to wait until the end of February for my replacement to be sent). Now I'm really confused about what's the best way to go, both in terms of money and turn-around time. Since they have "free" shipping on their site, it's not clear to me what they consider the shipping cost and the item cost to be (if, as you say, they deduct shipping). I can still cancel the second order I put in, because they haven't done anything with it yet. I can still send him a round of communication since it's night there, and he'll get it tomorrow. But either way, I guess I end up paying $35 for the IEMs.
confused.gif

You just have to pay the return shipment by yourself. 

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #14,709 of 35,472
The item costs $25, they just don't charge you for shipping. 

You'll have to pay to ship it back to them regardless of what you choose to do (unless you decide to not return it at all).

Situation 1: If you were to get a refund, you would get your $25 back.

Situation 2: If you were to get a replacement, they would just send you another pair at no extra charge.

You're kind of making this more confusing than it needs to be :p

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #14,710 of 35,472

confused.gif

Well They will be closed for their holidays for a bit i think so you might not be able to communicate with them. Thats what I saw on the site atleast.

With regards to refund - yes you get back what you paid for the headphone. Shipping to them is on you I believe. 

Also I never mentioned that they deduct shipping :) With exchange what happens is you send your defective one in. And once they receive it they send out a brand new one to you at their cost. 

I have never dealt with the return process so I am not sure about all the details to be honest. But just to be clear, you want to return your faulty pair and buy a new one to cirumvent the wait time right? That will work. It will cost you the same which ever method you use because you do have to pay for shipping to return the headphone. So best to talk to them first but it will be much faster if you return it and then buy a brand new one for sure.

Edit: When exchanging they only wanted the IEM, not the tips or box. This way I could send in an envelope and wrap it up with something to protect it. If you're returning I think you might have to return everything including the box? That might cost more. Anywho best to ask them. hope I was able to help some

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #14,711 of 35,472
OK thanks!

And as regards as to how confusing it is: there is no clear policy on their site, and the emails are rather hard to understand. But of course, you are right! Thanks everyone for their help and constructive criticisms.
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #14,712 of 35,472
What is this? Another IE800 replica claiming to use the same driver as the original IE800??? Anyone want to take the risk?
biggrin.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IE800-Headphones-Top-Quality-In-Ear-Earphone-HiFi-In-Ear-Headset-HD-Auricular-IE-800-Fast/32255606891.html

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #14,713 of 35,472
  What is this? Another IE800 replica claiming to use the same driver as the original IE800??? Anyone want to take the risk?
biggrin.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IE800-Headphones-Top-Quality-In-Ear-Earphone-HiFi-In-Ear-Headset-HD-Auricular-IE-800-Fast/32255606891.html

Not a bad deal $22.50 for an $800 IEM /jk

his earphone is made by Chinese profession engineer which has worked over 10 years for famous brand earphones .
Sound quality :
same driver as IE800 . sound quality equal .
eek.gif

From hip-hop to classical and everything in between, 
earphones offer smooth, pure, high-impact sound with excellent vocal
reproduction. Design for comfort and mobility, they’re made with sturdy, lightweight,ceramic --strong as tooth 
eek.gif
the earphone delivers premium audio and hands free communication for your complete mobile lifestyle.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #14,714 of 35,472
biggrin.gif

In case you wanna try, best DIY version on aliexpress is here ... LOL   http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DIY-IE800-HiFi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-microphone-remote-new-free-shipping/1183804_32223603803.html  
k701smile.gif

IE800 version 2, ​
8mm titanium coated speaker.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #14,715 of 35,472

Not a bad deal $22.50 for an $800 IEM /jk

his earphone is made by Chinese profession engineer which has worked over 10 years for famous brand earphones .
Sound quality :
same driver as IE800 . sound quality equal .
eek.gif

From hip-hop to classical and everything in between, 
earphones offer smooth, pure, high-impact sound with excellent vocal
reproduction. Design for comfort and mobility, they’re made with sturdy, lightweight,ceramic --strong as tooth 
eek.gif
the earphone delivers premium audio and hands free communication for your complete mobile lifestyle.

Ha! As if Sennheiser would use an OEM for manufacturing their flagship driver xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back