Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #14,641 of 35,472
Too bad I totally missed when these came out a while back.  Yeah, the best price I can find is still at MP4Nation at $23.50.

And after reading through page 75 of 176 and your post... I think I will be getting myself a pair of the R3 soon.  :cool:

I love woodies and some bassy ones could be fun.

How about going for fx750 ? They are a beast...

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #14,642 of 35,472
  These micro rings are looking interesting, how much do they cost and how do they sound? Thanks!

Their price seems to be all over the place. I think they were discontinued. Pretty sure I paid 12 USD for mine.....maybe 14...

Out of all the KZ iems, these seem to be among the more balanced, along with the ANV (which every seems to hate..I love em with my filter 'mod', otherwise they are just o.k.). They are laid back with a pretty large soundstage, at least compared to what I'm used to. I would put it almost on par with the VSD3(no s), but not quite. They always pick up more detail than I expect

They're are competent at everything, but don't really excel anywhere in particular; they're not overly bright, or super bassy, or have hyper aggro mid, or so analytical they sap the fun out of everything. They're not thin or thick sounding. In my opinion this makes them the perfect everyman's iem. Add to that good isolation (even though they are vented everywhere....no idea how it works but it does), comfort, and if you get them at the right time, a low price....they're pretty much my perfect iem.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #14,643 of 35,472
How about going for fx750 ? They are a beast...

Actually trying to get my wife on board on those.  But something about how we have to feed our 10 year old and the new born that will be here soon....  
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #14,644 of 35,472
Actually trying to get my wife on board on those.  But something about how we have to feed our 10 year old and the new born that will be here soon....  :wink:

Ouch...it is understandable. But to keep spending bucks here and bucks there, you will eventually get there :D...anyways, for how well the 750 sound...there is no ends in this hobby...as I think it is a sick one lol...you will just keep seeking for better things...:D

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #14,645 of 35,472

Their price seems to be all over the place. I think they were discontinued. Pretty sure I paid 12 USD for mine.....maybe 14...

Out of all the KZ iems, these seem to be among the more balanced, along with the ANV (which every seems to hate..I love em with my filter 'mod', otherwise they are just o.k.). They are laid back with a pretty large soundstage, at least compared to what I'm used to. I would put it almost on par with the VSD3(no s), but not quite. They always pick up more detail than I expect

They're are competent at everything, but don't really excel anywhere in particular; they're not overly bright, or super bassy, or have hyper aggro mid, or so analytical they sap the fun out of everything. They're not thin or thick sounding. In my opinion this makes them the perfect everyman's iem. Add to that good isolation (even though they are vented everywhere....no idea how it works but it does), comfort, and if you get them at the right time, a low price....they're pretty much my perfect iem.

Sounds great, maybe I will find them at the same price. Thanks for this short review!

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #14,649 of 35,472
Don't waste your precious time and get IM50 and get rid off that blanket filters. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #14,650 of 35,472
Actually trying to get my wife on board on those.  But something about how we have to feed our 10 year old and the new born that will be here soon....  :wink:

Awe, who needs food. Just live off of the sound :wink:.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #14,651 of 35,472
  I especially love the design of the micro rings, I may order my first KZ IEM....

That's why I picked them up actually. In-canal iems and the ones with massive drivers like the Titan 1 seems to always hit my preferred signatures, and end up being the most comfortable for me. My left ear canal is a bit wonky and these iem designs generally insert less deep than others, so it works out. :D

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #14,652 of 35,472
  Another question, how do the vocals sound? More upfront or distant?

Hmm...not really sure. I mostly listen to instrumental. Anything you want me to test them with? I'll have to get back to you on this one.

**I just popped on some Steely Dan, Midnight Cruiser....vocals seems reasonably forward, mind you this is just one song so....**

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #14,654 of 35,472

Just make sure you don't feed them you're iems... nobody wins!

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #14,655 of 35,472
I especially love the design of the micro rings, I may order my first KZ IEM....

Bro in that case get a KZ EDSE as well. It's arguably the best sounding KZ IEM. Get it from this shop, genuine amd super cheap.
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1987244299.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back