Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #12,482 of 35,472
OK, are you ready?!?!?

TTPOD T2, will be released sometime in January
All 4 color combos will be available during initial release
Cables are non-detachable
Triple driver hybrid
And the best part - price is about $99, available from Penonaudio!!!

I'm hoping Massdrop can get a decent discount on the first run of these.

Fingers crossed.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #12,483 of 35,472
  not gonna lie - these caught my attention BECAUSE they look incredible. love how the inner workings look. there are other transparent iems and the insides just don't look as organized and aesthetically pleasing as these. these look like something one would see under a bonnet of a modern sports car. the placement of the two BA drivers, as well as the Dynamic driver and the crossover is well thought out in terms of aesthetics. will see and hear how that works for sound though pretty soon. oh and yeah - I don't see anything wrong with hoping these stay under 150. technology is evolving and parts and manufacturing are getting less expensive. it's not some kind of radical or rare technology - every other manufacturer seems to use passive crossovers, and hybrid driver systems...

also, am I the only one who would gladly go with purple/green color combo? no one?
biggrin.gif

THIS - also the main reason all my customs are either clear shelled or translucent shelled - Nothing like peeking behind the curtain. Also an added bonus for ownership of my SE846 and UM Pro50... I also have a few automatic wristwatches - the ones with the glass on both sides of the case - inner workings are sexy... 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #12,484 of 35,472
  THIS - also the main reason all my customs are either clear shelled or translucent shelled - Nothing like peeking behind the curtain. Also an added bonus for ownership of my SE846 and UM Pro50... I also have a few automatic wristwatches - the ones with the glass on both sides of the case - inner workings are sexy... 
tongue_smile.gif

Since we are on topic, is UM Pro 50 more clear than UM Pro 30? :wink:  Pro 30 shell was a bit foggy.  And now a bit off-top, don't remember if I asked you before, but which one you like better 846 or Pro 50?

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #12,485 of 35,472
$100 for a triple hybrid? This must be hear to be believed...

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #12,487 of 35,472
if it's smooth and balanced, I'll be happy. Hot treble on these hybrids have ruined me on them so far.

Yup, that's what I'll be watching out for as well. May the T2's be smoorh and balanced, and not bass shy.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #12,488 of 35,472
Well, guess there'll be lots of pioneer volunteering to test out the thing. A lot of people claim that with headphones the most important thing is SQ, but looking at how people are "jumping on the hype train" SQ is clearly far from the only thing people look for. Price, Aesthetics, Comfort, and Reliability are all important too. 
And reputation for making quality sounding gear. They wouldn't have the hype if the t1e wasn't the sheezy my neezy.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #12,492 of 35,472
Altone 200......

Altone 200 is $200 so far...with a $125 pre order price? Bright as heck and not worth the money IMHO.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #12,493 of 35,472
so far the best hybrid I've heard, and I've literally tried them all, including the 3003, is the A83. It's got the most balances sound, with the most warmth. Too bad it's almost too balanced. The bass needs just a bit of sub bass boost, and it would be the perfect hybrid. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #12,495 of 35,472
The JVC FXT200 is a decent IEM. Really extended highs. Reminds me of the RE0. Clear, lively, and slightly sibilant. The bass is sublime. Probably the best bass of any IEM i own. It's even got more presence, texture, and speed than my XB90EX. Mids are dark and thus the overall presentation is v-shaped, but not pronounced. Soundstage is average. Imaging is good. Timbre is natural, but there's just a sharpness to the sound that reminds me of a BA driver. If I was going to compare it to another IEM, I'd say the closest one I could say is the VSonic GR07BE, but with far better sub bass, or the TTPOD T1E, but again with better sub bass present. These are great for metal music, and can keep up with really fast passages. The bass is a bit much though. It's got slam. This also reminds me of the FX850, but with far less stage, not nearly as 3D, and with less depth. 

These are meant to be a successor to the FXT90 and a less intrusive FXZ200. It pretty much sits right in between those sonically and aesthetically. Less sibilance than the GR07, but  bit more than the T1E. it's got a great deal of clarity for having such meaty mids. Instrument separation is good, but detail retrieval is average. I'd say it's equal to the s-018 in details and separation, but the s-018 has less extention in the highs. I'm not sure if these will remain in my rotation, since I think for the money, the T1e is probably a better sounding IEM, with less sub bass/mid bass. maybe I'm just used to the more controlled bass of the A83 or the Singolos? Either way, it's better than the Sony's, but not as good as the A83, so I'd save my money for the T2 or the A71. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back