Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #12,496 of 35,472
The JVC FXT200 is a decent IEM. Really extended highs. Reminds me of the RE0. Clear, lively, and slightly sibilant. The bass is sublime. Probably the best bass of any IEM i own. It's even got more presence, texture, and speed than my XB90EX. Mids are dark and thus the overall presentation is v-shaped, but not pronounced. Soundstage is average. Imaging is good. Timbre is natural, but there's just a sharpness to the sound that reminds me of a BA driver. If I was going to compare it to another IEM, I'd say the closest one I could say is the VSonic GR07BE, but with far better sub bass, or the TTPOD T1E, but again with better sub bass present. These are great for metal music, and can keep up with really fast passages. The bass is a bit much though. It's got slam. This also reminds me of the FX850, but with far less stage, not nearly as 3D, and with less depth. 

These are meant to be a successor to the FXT90 and a less intrusive FXZ200. It pretty much sits right in between those sonically and aesthetically. Less sibilance than the GR07, but  bit more than the T1E. it's got a great deal of clarity for having such meaty mids. Instrument separation is good, but detail retrieval is average. I'd say it's equal to the s-018 in details and separation, but the s-018 has less extention in the highs. I'm not sure if these will remain in my rotation, since I think for the money, the T1e is probably a better sounding IEM, with less sub bass/mid bass. maybe I'm just used to the more controlled bass of the A83 or the Singolos? Either way, it's better than the Sony's, but not as good as the A83, so I'd save my money for the T2 or the A71. 

Thanks for the impressions! I had this phone in my cart for several weeks now, and haven't pulled the trigger. Now I'm glad I didnt. Just doesn't sound like something I'd be into. I hated the FXT90. I cursed joker for recommending them lol Seriously though, I've taken it out of my cart, and I look forward to my Rain 2, Bassos, A71, and soon the T2!

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #12,497 of 35,472
Thanks for the impressions! I had this phone in my cart for several weeks now, and haven't pulled the trigger. Now I'm glad I didnt. Just doesn't sound like something I'd be into. I hated the FXT90. I cursed joker for recommending them lol Seriously though, I've taken it out of my cart, and I look forward to my Rain 2, Bassos, A71, and soon the T2!

Have you received your Bassos yet? 
Oh and quick comparison between a71s and Tenores pls? Even one liner would be enough.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #12,498 of 35,472
OK, are you ready?!?!?

TTPOD T2, will be released sometime in January
All 4 color combos will be available during initial release
Cables are non-detachable
Triple driver hybrid
And the best part - price is about $99, available from Penonaudio!!!

Are you going to get one for a review soon? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #12,500 of 35,472
$99? Nailed it. If it keeps a neutral, detailed SIG with some nice rumbly bass, it'll become a classic here.

under 100$ is this magic realm where a triple hybrid is almost a no brainer, especially with looks like that. I think ttpod made an excellent decision here wth the pricing because so many people will buy them that they may have problems keeping up with demand. even if someone says that some single dynamic sounds the same at about the same price, people will still lean to ttpod because: 1 - they look great; 2 - they are a triple friggin' hybrid (which will be a great thing to show off to nonaudiophile people
biggrin.gif
) and 3 - did I mention these look amazing? :D

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #12,501 of 35,472

under 100$ is this magic realm where a triple hybrid is almost a no brainer, especially with looks like that. I think ttpod made an excellent decision here wth the pricing because so many people will buy them that they may have problems keeping up with demand. even if someone says that some single dynamic sounds the same at about the same price, people will still lean to ttpod because: 1 - they look great; 2 - they are a triple friggin' hybrid (which will be a great thing to show off to nonaudiophile people
biggrin.gif

Hybrids does not guarantee good sound quality.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #12,502 of 35,472

biggrin.gif

If they are good yes people will but at any price, but note multi driver and specially hybrids are difficult to tune. I think Astrotec AX35 was also hybrid with very good price but did not do well.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #12,503 of 35,472
  Altone 200 is $200 so far...with a $125 pre order price? Bright as heck and not worth the money IMHO.

Got mine for $145. Now is $185. Even at this price it's still worth the money. What can you get better than this with a straight V shaped signature? It's bright if you didn't find the right tips. Get the Vsonic single flange silicone (my fav now with body a bit fuller and rounder, and the treble a little tamed and just right on spot) or sony hybrid (shorter lenght bore than Vsonic, not so full body sound). Technically amazing IEM for the price. And it has really great PRAT.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12,504 of 35,472

If they are good yes people will but at any price, but note multi driver and specially hybrids are difficult to tune. I think Astrotec AX35 was also hybrid with very good price but did not do well.

Got to agree with u on the astrotec. It was pretty bad, though for those less than 5% of songs they were good with, they actually sound awesome. Too bad the other 95% was unbearable at least to me.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #12,505 of 35,472
I'm hoping Massdrop can get a decent discount on the first run of these.

Fingers crossed.

It will be suicidal for a company to introduce brand new product on MD without any previous hybrid experience or feedback from first batch.  They always start small with a first batch to get a feedback and to iron out quality issues.  Depending on feedback, they ramp up the production.  TTPOD didn't start selling T1-E on dx.com dirt cheap from get-go, they waited to see how well it's going to be received and then dropped it on dx.com at a price $15 cheaper than everybody else.

I want to give TTPOD a benefit of a doubt since they got T1E right, but let's start the hype once we get first impressions :wink:  And hopefully, I will be able to contribute to that (impressions, not the hype lol!!!)

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #12,506 of 35,472

It will be suicidal for a company to introduce brand new product on MD without any previous hybrid experience or feedback from first batch.  They always start small with a first batch to get a feedback and to iron out quality issues.  Depending on feedback, they ramp up the production.  TTPOD didn't start selling T1-E on dx.com dirt cheap from get-go, they waited to see how well it's going to be received and then dropped it on dx.com at a price $15 cheaper than everybody else.

I want to give TTPOD a benefit of a doubt since they got T1E right, but let's start the hype once we get first impressions :wink:  And hopefully, I will be able to contribute to that (impressions, not the hype lol!!!)

I might be wrong here, but I thought Massdrop did end up selling the first edition AKG K7XX on their site: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones/talk

Though I do get where you are coming from with it being their first Hybrid.  If anything you would think they might want to sell them cheaper and in a controlled environment to make sure the public does like the sound before they go mainstream.  Who knows...

All I know is I want them and would hope Massdrop would have them so I can get them cheaper.  
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #12,507 of 35,472

I might be wrong here, but I thought Massdrop did end up selling the first edition AKG K7XX on their site: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones/talk

Well, Massdrop and AKG collaborated to create that product. It's not like AKG created it themselves, then decided to sell it at a discount day one on MD. 

As it says in the description:
 Following the success of the Q701 drop in June, we asked AKG if we could configure our own edition of the K702 65th, and they agreed based on their faith in the Massdrop community. Configured by Massdrop, manufactured by AKG, and made possible by you, the AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Headphones bring you rare sound at an even rarer price. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #12,508 of 35,472

Though I do get where you are coming from with it being their first Hybrid.  If anything you would think they might want to sell them cheaper and in a controlled environment to make sure the public does like the sound before they go mainstream.  Who knows...

All I know is I want them and would hope Massdrop would have them so I can get them cheaper.  
wink.gif

From all other comments I read it sounded to me like AKG K7xx was a Massdrop version re-worked from another version.  I could be wrong, but to me sounds like a marketing trick.

First batch build is a tricky one, just read about Altone200 initial intro...

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #12,509 of 35,472
Have you received your Bassos yet? 
Oh and quick comparison between a71s and Tenores pls? Even one liner would be enough.

Still waiting by the mailbox for all three. Holiday shipping is so sloooooooow. I want it NOW!! lol

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #12,510 of 35,472
Still waiting by the mailbox for all three. Holiday shipping is so sloooooooow. I want it NOW!! lol

Ikr... same here... some stuff still on the way since some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back