Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #8,401 of 35,472
Holly CRAP!!!!!  I really don't want to start a hype train, but I'm sitting here with my jaw down to the ground in disbelieve of what I'm hearing!!!

Only 2+ hrs of burn in and these have a Messiah glow (relative to my standards), I'm not kidding.  BUT there is a big catch.  SIDY included a ton of eartips and they are ALL wrong for these IEMs.  If you guys remember, DM2 had removable filters to shape the sound signature.  Well in case of DM3 - tip rolling does an AMAZING sound shaping, beyond anything else I have experienced before..  If you want bass to make your brain rattle, stick with all stock narrow bore long stem tips or the included foam tips.  Those give you a heavy bass, both sub- and mid-.  But once I switched to wide bore medium stem length tips - OMG, mid-bass went down, sub-bass scaled back, mid-range came forward, treble started to sparkle.  Even with a wide bore (opening) eartips there is no sibilance.  So far I hear a lot of clarity and details, upper mids are smooth, vocals have a lot of body and sounds organic.  Treble is crisp and extended, no sign of sibilance.  With that eartips setup, sound is on a brighter side but not harsh or peaky.  They still have SIDY signature mid-bass hump which is always there, but it's a lot more tamed and not overpowering (at least with wide bore tips) in comparison to all of their other premium models. 

Sound stage is not super wide/deep, but definitely above the average (more wider than deeper).  There is some microphonics, I can definitely hear cable noise when music is not playing, these don't have the best sound isolation either, and a little bit of driver flex is present, but not too bad.  Build is very solid, great strain relief, clear L/R marking on top of the shell, shell itself is made out of some lightweight space metal with a captivating swirling design, cable is soft and round with a chin slider and their signature 270deg headphone plug.  You can wear these wire up or down, but wire down is more natural.

OK, let's keep our fingers crossed that sound signature doesn't go weird after 20-30hrs :wink:

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #8,403 of 35,472
3.jpg

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #8,411 of 35,472

http://penonaudio.com/BGVP-SIDY-DM3 ~60$ 

they are not cheaper even on taobao lol

On TaoBao they are about $55. Similar pricing, which is good. Dunno how I'll be able to get them to the Philippines, though.
PenonAudio has free shipping, but I'm guessing this'll take a month to arrive. 
Sadly, my dad can't access his TaoBao and Alipay accounts now that he's not in China anymore.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #8,412 of 35,472
  On TaoBao they are about $55. Similar pricing, which is good. Dunno how I'll be able to get them to the Philippines, though.
PenonAudio has free shipping, but I'm guessing this'll take a month to arrive. 
Sadly, my dad can't access his TaoBao and Alipay accounts now that he's not in China anymore.

I am waiting for further developent before getting them. Getting early in the train is risky haha.

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #8,414 of 35,472
If the mid-bass on the DM3 is anything like the DGS100, it'll need 1000 hours burn in to settle down and mellow out. Get ready to be hype trained like the DGS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back