Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #7,441 of 35,472

To be honest, I have no idea what they made out of :)  They are light and very budget friendly.  If they are made out of magnesium alloy, that's awesome, though for $20?  Maybe Huawei subsidizing the cost.  Afterall, I think Honor is one of their popular phones, so it's like a promo for their phone?

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #7,442 of 35,472

To be honest, I have no idea what they made out of :)  They are light and very budget friendly.  If they are made out of magnesium alloy, that's awesome, though for $20?  Maybe Huawei subsidizing the cost.  Afterall, I think Honor is one of their popular phones, so it's like a promo for their phone?

I have polarized sunglasses from China that use the same alloy... and they were only $12. Nicer than plastic, cheaper than aluminum, and you can barely tell the difference.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #7,444 of 35,472

Huawei is one helluva juggernaut so it won't be a surprise if they subsidize the cost. I can't find this Honor IEM in Huawei's own website though. 

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #7,446 of 35,472

Hmmm... $20 for some metal housing budget phones!? Link plz, should make for some good gifts

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #7,448 of 35,472
Hmmm... $20 for some metal housing budget phones!? Link plz, should make for some good gifts

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.1.gbwwxH&id=39787175550&cat_id=2&rn=c1e0bede0f7bf37e87cf5761d20aab9d&user_id=1114511827&is_b=1

Isn't Piston metal as well? KZ GR?

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #7,449 of 35,472
Yes ...even in the description of KZ EDSE ...it shows the jack uses a balanced jack ....
tongue.gif

Who sells these? Link if possible plz :3

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #7,451 of 35,472
  Dude, there's a guy on my local forum looking for buying them
Can you say if they work well with android? (The buttons and the mic)

100% Android compatible.  Used it with my stock Galaxy Note 2 - volume up/down work perfectly, and multi-function button does Play/Pause/Call with a single click, Skip Next with a double click, Skip Prev with a triple click, and Google NOW with long press.  Also tested with my wife's Galaxy S5, works perfectly.  Exactly the same way as Pistons, except you are getting a more balanced sound without recessed mids or exaggerated bass.

More detailed review will be up once I get to it, still in a queue...

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #7,452 of 35,472
100% Android compatible.  Used it with my stock Galaxy Note 2 - volume up/down work perfectly, and multi-function button does Play/Pause/Call with a single click, Skip Next with a double click, Skip Prev with a triple click, and Google NOW with long press.  Also tested with my wife's Galaxy S5, works perfectly.  Exactly the same way as Pistons, except you are getting a more balanced sound without recessed mids or exaggerated bass.

More detailed review will be up once I get to it, still in a queue...

Me bought one today so ...me need to change me signature now ...dammm......

Never give up ...try again ...muahahahahaahahaa ...

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #7,453 of 35,472
Me bought one today so ...me need to change me signature now ...dammm......

Never give up ...try again ...muahahahahaahahaa ...

What did you get this time ? The Huawei ?

==========================================

Btw, now that you've finally changed your signature, I guess I'm allowing myself to get another IEM too
biggrin.gif

Wondering if I should get on the hype train and get myself the DGS100 too ?

FWIW, at the moment I got Shure 215, Re400, GR07Bass, Phonak 112, ES SM64, Hisound Wooduo.

Need suggestion on what I should get next from Penon/LMUE to complement those. Would getting the DGS100 makes any sense ?
I listen to a whole range of music, jazz, rock, metal, hiphop/rap, metal, pop, "audiophile vocals", etc etc. I guess I'm justifying getting lotsa IEMs to listen to those different genres, lol
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #7,454 of 35,472
What did you get this time ? The Huawei ?

==========================================

Btw, now that you've finally changed your signature, I guess I'm allowing myself to get another IEM too :D

Wondering if I should get on the hype train and get myself the DGS100 too ?

FWIW, at the moment I got Shure 215, Re400, GR07Bass, Phonak 112, ES SM64, Hisound Wooduo.

Need suggestion on what I should get next from Penon/LMUE to complement those. Would getting the DGS100 makes any sense ?
I listen to a whole range of music, jazz, rock, metal, hiphop/rap, metal, pop, "audiophile vocals", etc etc. I guess I'm justifying getting lotsa IEMs to listen to those different genres, lol :p

Yes ..Huawei Honor IEM.....cheap enuf not to hurt me fiscal policy ...lol

By right ..me should not be talking to you for the mess you got me in ..arrest warrant issued by the Tribal Council for your earlier post on buying DGS100......but anyhow ...me easy peasy ...quick to forget ...here goes ...

Wow ..you got some nice gears ..dude ...get from Penon ......because they have this deal ..buy any iem from them ..get to buy the Penon IEM costing 99$ for 10$ ...that seem like a no brainer deal ....but if you are in a hurry ..from LMUE ..they be sending from Singapore to Indonesia ..by logic should be faster though ...

Dont have DGS100 ..so cant comment how good they are ..seem from the thread ..they are all right ...decent but not the " Messiah" ...quoting from someone ....but If you don't have HaviB3Pro1OldVersion ....me strongly recommend you to get the KING of Soundstage n Imaging ....

Anything from here onward ..me take no responsibility ..its all you ..buddy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back