Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #7,431 of 35,472
Sep 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #7,432 of 35,472
Sep 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #7,433 of 35,472
Sep 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #7,434 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi

ZOMG !!!
eek.gif

And I've just purchased 3 NX1 on ebay too....

*started praying*

@robakri
No idea about that amp, but FWIW I'm using aune T1, been using the stock 6922 Electro Harmonix / Russian tube for about a year / a year & a half now
Have just bought some 6922 amperex /bugle boy tubes on ebay (about $55 for a pair of matched tube, or so the seller claimed) should arrive in a couple of weeks.
Will let you know if there's any difference soundwise between the stock & ebay tubes

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #7,435 of 35,472
  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/News-BK-Compatible-6N11-12AU7-ECC82-Tube-valve-Headphone-Amplifier-AMP-preamp-/400697607764

Anyone have any info/experience with the likes of these?

I guess I just always find something to waste money on :)

Pretty happy with my phones atm and have an ok dac/amp (aune x1). I can't justify going for sth expensive in tube territory until I upgrade my phones but I'm eager to have a taste :D

I had their older model and well I'm not trying to discourage you from getting it I am also not encouraging you to buy it. Power supply cable that came with it was... crap. Rather noisy and had a burning smell almost immediately to I think a few days afterwards in I ordered a new one from amazon.

I got it last year around April and my first unit died within a month. Seller was pretty cool and sent me a replacement board no charge. From then I used it from May till November when I switched to using my Dragonfly Dac as an amp. Sucker was pretty powerful but that was detrimental as below 9 o'clock on the volume produced a channel imbalance so using this amp with most IEMs was a no go. Sound was quite warm and some pretty noticeable roll off in the sub bass especially. It had a pretty loud hum to it, my most power hungry cans are the hifiman he-400 and the hum was still fairly audible with them. Also distortion, god the distortion sucked with the he-400 and this amp, pretty frequent clipping.

I brought this amp after a quite a hiatus without use to the LA head-fi meet back in March. Had only really used it once or so since November but after I got it all set up in my little table area I immediately noticed the right channel had died. I was at that point after all the hassle this thing has put me through getting a multimeter, a never power supply, a new tube that I decided enough was enough and put it in my drawer. I've taken it out twice since March, once when I moved, and recently for a photo shoot but that is it.

e. Well to be fair maybe that version maybe better and improved than my model but probably not. Looks pretty much the same and is priced same. Biggest thing is instead of see through plexi glass they look like they are using a solid black piece which in my opinion doesn't looks as cool. The see through and being able to see the internals was the coolest thing to it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 9, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #7,437 of 35,472
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/News-BK-Compatible-6N11-12AU7-ECC82-Tube-valve-Headphone-Amplifier-AMP-preamp-/400697607764

Anyone have any info/experience with the likes of these?

I guess I just always find something to waste money on :)

Pretty happy with my phones atm and have an ok dac/amp (aune x1). I can't justify going for sth expensive in tube territory until I upgrade my phones but I'm eager to have a taste :D

It's made after the Bravo Audio V1 or V2 and Indeed tube amps. Just look for those on Head-fi.org and you will find huge threads with lots of data about those amps. I was considering getting one of those some time ago but finally decided not to since the tube in those amps works as a buffer and runs on low voltage and in my experience its affect on the sound is little to none. If you want to hear the warmth of the tubes in the sound, you should probably go for a complete tube amp instead of the hybrid. Little Bear has a complete tube amp sold on eBay for a fairly low price, I just don't know if it's any good. You should probably save up for something like little dot.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #7,438 of 35,472
  Alright, so anybody wants to take a wild guess who is a contractor behind Huawei Honor headphones?

Oh yeah, and they got bass!

Just a pure speculation since I'm guessing myself as well, just trying to put two peas into a ttpod
biggrin.gif

Is the body made of plastic or metal?  I noticed somewhere that it is listed as nickel plated,but I'm not sure what the nickel was plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back