Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #5,731 of 35,472
Interesting they have a JVC woody-like rebrand for $15. That caught my attention the most. Hmm, removable cables too! And a frequency curve... http://www.kzearphone.com/Product/219830365.html

Also have an AT ATH-CKM1000 rebrand, ATH-CKN70 rebrand, other AT CKM rebrands, and two V-Moda headphone rebrand.

I'm selling one of the woodies. I kept one only for the cable. Its decent, but SQ isn't that great. Cable is awesome.

They aren't rebrands. They are completely different than the originals.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #5,732 of 35,472
I'm selling one of the woodies. I kept one only for the cable. Its decent, but SQ isn't that great. Cable is awesome.

They aren't rebrands. They are completely different than the originals.

Oh, my bad. Different build, materials, and such. They just look similar then; thanks for the clarification. Did you try this one by chance? http://www.kzearphone.com/Product/5480124234.html

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #5,733 of 35,472
Me bought a few KZ Iem from the same store ....though in the listing says UPS Express Saver with 3-7 days delivery ....it has been 12 days now and still has not been received by the China Post Office ....still no tracking info as at today ..

Sent message why there is no tracking info ...and what postal service they are using ?

Never answer my questions ....replied dont worry ..they will arrived ....sent few msg to ask why tracking number dont work with UPS and finally they replied sent by China Post .... BUT no tracking info ...

I would not recommend buying from this store ...now chatting with seller ....still telling me they will arrive but when ask why not using UPS ....NOT REPLYING ...ONLY SAY SORRY THEY WILL ARRIVE..

my1015281286(2014-08-07 08:25:12):
I am tired of following up with my shipment .....you are not answering my question ...you cannot even confirmed that you are using China Post ...then you tell me different country use different logistic ..but when I click shipping option ..I only see UPS TNT and DHL ....THAT IS NOT HONEST
cn1510805941(2014-08-07 08:28:57):
It is our mistake

Damn! That's messed up..
I placed an order for the ed special editions with the same seller I think. Is the seller's name he yue? Also I believe they changed the store name overnight. When I made the purchase last night, the store name was kzAcoustics and now when I check my order, it's gk headset official flagship store. I chose the UPS expedited delivery which is also free (delivery in 3-7 days). I talked to the seller and checked if he's indeed using UPS and he/she said yes. The tracking number on my order now redirects to China post. I'm pissed off that this was a blatant lie. He's using those UPS options to lure customers. I'm reporting this to ali express.

I think @HiSoundFi got his from the same seller. How long did it take for you to receive your order?

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #5,735 of 35,472
Damn! That's messed up..
I placed an order for the ed special editions with the same seller I think. Is the seller's name he yue? Also I believe they changed the store name overnight. When I made the purchase last night, the store name was kzAcoustics and now when I check my order, it's gk headset official flagship store. I chose the UPS expedited delivery which is also free (delivery in 3-7 days). I talked to the seller and checked if he's indeed using UPS and he/she said yes. The tracking number on my order now redirects to China post. I'm pissed off that this was a blatant lie. He's using those UPS options to lure customers. I'm reporting this to ali express.

I think @HiSoundFi got his from the same seller. How long did it take for you to receive your order?
it took a long time, like 3 weeks. I am happy though. I really like them and 13 bucks I paid is well worth it. I would pay way more for them honestly

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #5,736 of 35,472

Looks like it 
rolleyes.gif

Ear pads don't look like real leather from the pictures but who knows, looks can be deceiving. I really liked the real leather pads on the original momentum but they were kinda shallow. Site looks like it is only wholesale but curious how much they would go for.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 7, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #5,737 of 35,472
  Looks like it 
rolleyes.gif

Ear pads don't look like real leather from the pictures but who knows, looks can be deceiving. I really liked the real leather pads on the original momentum but they were kinda shallow. Site looks like it is only wholesale but curious how much they would go for.

http://aud.dx.com/product/ko-star-khm-681-3-5mm-jack-plug-hifi-dj-headphone-headset-w-microphone-black-brown-961337188#.U-PNlfmSzyQ

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #5,740 of 35,472
Hi all. I would like to share my experience of a Ko-Star Product. First of all, I have bought a DJ-1050 for a DIY purpose (dual entry at this price, awesome?:blink:) at this link. When the headphone arrived, I could feel that the cushion is excellent, thick and comfortable.

Then I spent some time to inspect the headphone and found that

WOW! As you can see, the two pieces is different! The material of the board is obviously different. With a careful inspection I found that the diameter of the coil is DIFFERENT. (Sorry for poor quality)

Finally, the cabeling told me that the two sides of the headphone should belong to two different batches of headphone.

Since I bought this from taobao with the help of my friend and it comes too late, I cannot get a refund anymore. How should I deal with this mess?

(Sorry for my poor English.)

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #5,741 of 35,472

http://aud.dx.com/product/ko-star-khm-681-3-5mm-jack-plug-hifi-dj-headphone-headset-w-microphone-black-brown-961337188#.U-PNlfmSzyQ

Yup fake leather.

Hi all. I would like to share my experience of a Ko-Star Product. First of all, I have bought a DJ-1050 for a DIY purpose (dual entry at this price, awesome?
blink.gif
) at this link. When the headphone arrived, I could feel that the cushion is excellent, thick and comfortable.

Then I spent some time to inspect the headphone and found that

WOW! As you can see, the two pieces is different! The material of the board is obviously different. With a careful inspection I found that the diameter of the coil is DIFFERENT. (Sorry for poor quality)

Finally, the cabeling told me that the two sides of the headphone should belong to two different batches of headphone.

Since I bought this from taobao with the help of my friend and it comes too late, I cannot get a refund anymore. How should I deal with this mess?

(Sorry for my poor English.)

Probably stuck with it unfortunately. I'd say eat the loss and move on and not get another Ko-Star. Back in March I got burned a pair of Hisoundaudio Ba-100 which were marketed as legit but severely discounted and it ended up being a preproduction model that sounded awful. Lesson learned, if the price is too good to be true there probably is something wrong with it. Was considering that momentum clone but after seeing your post I'll stay far away from Ko-Star.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #5,742 of 35,472
  Looks like it 
rolleyes.gif

Definitely not real leather! The beautiful thing about leather is that it crinkles and is not always uniform depending on the thickness. Leather is natural and will always have these variations. So the chances are that if you see perfectly smooth, perfectly shaped earpads, they aren't made of real leather. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5,743 of 35,472
Damn! That's messed up..

it took a long time, like 3 weeks. I am happy though. I really like them and 13 bucks I paid is well worth it. I would pay way more for them honestly

Me its okay with China Post but to advertised UPS is not right ....as for me shipment ...tracking info is useless cuz after 12 days no info ...from me experience ...it means the post office has not even received the package yet ...aaaaaaah ....happy thoughts ..happy thoughts .....

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #5,744 of 35,472
Me its okay with China Post but to advertised UPS is not right ....as for me shipment ...tracking info is useless cuz after 12 days no info ...from me experience ...it means the post office has not even received the package yet ...aaaaaaah ....happy thoughts ..happy thoughts .....

Exactly! I'm angry at the fact that they fooled us.
I wanted these headphones for an upcoming long trip. Well, ******! Now, we wait.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #5,745 of 35,472
Exactly! I'm angry at the fact that they fooled us.
I wanted these headphones for an upcoming long trip. Well, ******! Now, we wait.
Be patient guys. His shipping info might be misleading but I promise you won't be disappointed in the product when it arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back