Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #4,728 of 35,472
The t1 balanced edit on uses composite diaphragm and the t1e uses biocell:blush:

T1e kick drums sound awesome. It's not super fast but powerful enough to feel the impact.

I do wish the cymbals were just a touch brighter. They sound okay, at this point I'm looking for flaws, like I just spent a grand and want to have buyer's remorse lol

Hisoundfi, you could tell if the Bass T1E TTPod is better or equal to the superfi 5 EB or TF10?

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4,730 of 35,472
Gave the IS-1 130 hours of burn it. Still has a veil. Sounds kind of dull with bloaty bass. I'll keep them on the burn-in station with the rest for maybe another 100 hours. I don't foresee any change. There are better options for only a few dollars more, IMO.

One odd change though. The driver flex of the right bud completely vanished. It still remains on the left. Kind of odd. I really have no explanation to offer.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #4,731 of 35,472
Gave the IS-1 130 hours of burn it. Still has a veil. Sounds kind of dull with bloaty bass. I'll keep them on the burn-in station with the rest for maybe another 100 hours. I don't foresee any change. There are better options for only a few dollars more, IMO.

One odd change though. The driver flex of the right bud completely vanished. It still remains on the left. Kind of odd. I really have no explanation to offer.

You think it could be defective?

I bought upto 8 of them (some to give away as gifts) and not one had driver flex issues. You could also try swapping tips if you have others laying around with a wider nozzle opening. It gives more forward mids and less sub-bass impact.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #4,733 of 35,472
You think it could be defective?

I bought upto 8 of them (some to give away as gifts) and not one had driver flex issues. You could also try swapping tips if you have others laying around with a wider nozzle opening. It gives more forward mids and less sub-bass impact.

I've tip rolled them with a few wide nozzle tips: JVC spiral tips and Sennheiser double-flange.

I recall a number of others mentioning the bad driver flex. Mine could be defective. It's my only pair so there is no way for me to verify. Though I have had other defective buds before and these don't seem to share the same issues as those. So from my experience I'd say they just don't sound very good. Obviously YMMV, but if that is the case then the high chance of variability might be a big enough reason to stay away unless you are just curious.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #4,736 of 35,472
There`s a number in the box...mine is 28.
Maybe production number?
LoL I got one of the firts 
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #4,740 of 35,472
I just found a better tip for these t1E.

I'm hooked on these things. The tuning i close to perfect for my liking.

Of course ymmv, but for me these are fantastic. Everything I own is going to take a back seat to these for a while.

I love how warm the mids are. Guitars, synthesizers, pianos all jump out. Imaging is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back