Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #4,741 of 35,472
my thanks to thatBeatsguy for linking me here.
I wanted to ask some advice regarding budget iems. I'm in the Philippines so it's kind of a challenge to look for quality iems here. I've owned the klipsch s4 (okay sound great comfort), and the brainwavz b2 (eargasmic imo) and I've got the rha ma750 coming in a month. I listen to alternative/indie rock and some of Lana del Rey haha. my budget is roughly $150.
anyway, I've been researching about the Xiaomi Pistons, carbo Basso, superlux 381f and 688b and 681 Evo, and the Dunu-1000. If I get the budget ones, I'm planning on also getting the fiio e11 if i have enough money left. Should I get one of the iems mentioned and the e11? or would my money be better spent on a DAP such as the ibasso dx50?
hope I wasn't too incoherent, I'm kinda excited and nervous at the same time lol

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #4,743 of 35,472
my thanks to thatBeatsguy for linking me here.
I wanted to ask some advice regarding budget iems. I'm in the Philippines so it's kind of a challenge to look for quality iems here. I've owned the klipsch s4 (okay sound great comfort), and the brainwavz b2 (eargasmic imo) and I've got the rha ma750 coming in a month. I listen to alternative/indie rock and some of Lana del Rey haha. my budget is roughly $150.
anyway, I've been researching about the Xiaomi Pistons, carbo Basso, superlux 381f and 688b and 681 Evo, and the Dunu-1000. If I get the budget ones, I'm planning on also getting the fiio e11 if i have enough money left. Should I get one of the iems mentioned and the e11? or would my money be better spent on a DAP such as the ibasso dx50?
hope I wasn't too incoherent, I'm kinda excited and nervous at the same time lol
get the havi b3 pro I and the e11. The combination of those two will sound better than anything you've named.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #4,745 of 35,472
yeah my wallet is basically being crucified right now haha. this hobby is hard, especially on an incoming college freshie. my motto is 'you don't need dinner, you have music' lol.
havi b3, really? hmm.. sadly, though a quick search didn't yield any availability in the Philippines, but I will dig deeper on that, and read some reviews.
what do you think about the ibasso though? I just use a note 2 as a source, and poweramp as a player :/
edit- thanks for the quick reply btw

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #4,748 of 35,472
The cheap Ibasso is $300-400 bucks. That's way above your budget. The B3 with E11 is a mighty fine recommendation, and hisoundfi steers you in the right direction.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #4,754 of 35,472
I like the t1e I've been raving about lately, which also benefits from an amp, but I think many would suggest the kc06a, or the new vsonics that just came out

The problem. With these suggestions is that those are sold through the same places that sell the B3. If he can't get the B3, he won't be able to get those either. The Pistons are common enough where he should be able to get them from just about anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back