Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #35,206 of 35,472
What about these KZ tips, always intrests me with the shape and colors, they look quite comfy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-9-Pairs-18pcs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphones-Spiral-Silicone-Eartips/32494444635.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10057_10056_10065_10037_10068_10055_10054_10069_301_10059_10033_10058_10032_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=f7a4f3d5-e0c9-40f8-ace1-095f5649f724

It has three types of tips of KZ. Has anyone tried these yet?

I want know how much is the size of the tip insertion size of 4in1. Can these fit it.

Also can someone please make me understand which type of tips you need to increase performace, Like Bass or clarity or treble, or making mids sharp or smoth etc.
I think its about the width and height of tip, but what is for what.

I use the red-cored whirlwind tips with my Fostex Te-05 And Havi B3 And I personally prefer them over Spiral dot tips. Whirlwind tip with Te-05 giving me better fit and resolutions while using them with B3 giving more bass than spiral dot tips.

Sep 18, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #35,207 of 35,472
u made a point but in terms of financial sense in the long run, it is better to get 1 TOTL iem instead of many mid tier iems. I have been through it and dont wish people to spend unnecessarily. only trying to help them save $$$ :)
yeah u made a point but looking from a big picture, 1 TOTL iem is better than many mid tier iems from my experience. Help u save a lot.

I agree with auudio123 here. Yeah, I don't know those who have hundreds phones spend how much time to listen to those budgeted products. My experience is I scarcely listen to those budgeted when I get better ones. And for those ~10$ products,they do not deserve to sell. Its kind of wasting money. But budgeted product s can help us to know what's our tasted sound signature. That's important for further investment
But one doesn't buy a budgeted product doesn't mean one will buy a thousand dollars product. Audio123s suggestions make no much sense to many people

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #35,208 of 35,472
I agree with auudio123 here. Yeah, I don't know those who have hundreds phones spend how much time to listen to those budgeted products. My experience is I scarcely listen to those budgeted when I get better ones. And for those ~10$ products,they do not deserve to sell. Its kind of wasting money. But budgeted product s can help us to know what's our tasted sound signature. That's important for further investment
But one doesn't buy a budgeted product doesn't mean one will buy a thousand dollars product. Audio123s suggestions make no much sense to many people
I agree to a certain extent. Aside from people who do reviews and commit to being a resource for people in the market for headphones, there's no sense in having more than a couple pairs of earphones.

If I weren't in this hobby the way I am I would probably have like three or four pairs and give the rest away. At this point I see my inventory as a toolbox rather than a bunch of toys.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #35,209 of 35,472
  Yes 
tongue.gif

May I ask how? :wink:

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #35,210 of 35,472

Just received these in the mail. They are (supposedly) the latest iteration of the U3 portable amp by Blue Bird. OPA2604 amp and output is dynamic according to the seller (anyone tried a dynamic portable amp before?). Will take some time over the next few weeks to try them. Hopefully i'll return with a review.

Thing is tiny. Comparison with Benjie K9. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #35,211 of 35,472

I agree to a certain extent. Aside from people who do reviews and commit to being a resource for people in the market for headphones, there's no sense in having more than a couple pairs of earphones.

If I weren't in this hobby the way I am I would probably have like three or four pairs and give the rest away. At this point I see my inventory as a toolbox rather than a bunch of toys.

As there is no one iem(TOTL/Mid-fi/low end)  which is perfect suits all music genres. audio123 has suggested TOTL iems to each and everyone and not all have the means to get even one. Lets say you save and get a total iem of your sound preference(note most of TOTL iem are hard to audition unless you go and visit CANJAM)  in range of 1-1.5k are you going to use it for all music and everywhere?
Also its better to climb the ladder than to go and buy a TOTL iem.
a) You appreciate technicalities of TOTL iem that way
b) You dont take a big hit if TOTL iem is not to your sound preference.
If I have 1-1.5K budget I will go for 2-3Mid fi IEMs instead if one TOTL.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #35,212 of 35,472
Should I get the JVC FX750 or FX850?

The FX750 bass is very bloomy. It's the weak spot for that particular earphone. The FX850 on the other hand, has a more controlled bass, delicious highs, and the most enchanting timbre on planet earth. The only earphone I've come across (and I've tried close to 100) with remotely similar timbre is the 4in1. Yeah. Tell me about it. It's true high resolution audio. Now the Achilles heel for me was the fit. They are massive. Small ears? Forget about it. Big ears and tolerance to Frankenstein bolts?? They are a stellar choice for you.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #35,213 of 35,472

As there is no one iem(TOTL/Mid-fi/low end)  which is perfect suits all music genres. audio123 has suggested TOTL iems to each and everyone and not all have the means to get even one. Lets say you save and get a total iem of your sound preference(note most of TOTL iem are hard to audition unless you go and visit CANJAM)  in range of 1-1.5k are you going to use it for all music and everywhere?

3 Toyota or 1 Ferrari?
i started out from budget myself too. the journey is an enriching experience but u spend more $ in the process.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #35,214 of 35,472
At the same time, there are many of us that would disagree, as to us it is a cold, harsh, and unsatisfying IEM.

Not many. Just a couple. A handful. Less than 10. Maybe less than 5, so let's not try and be a one man rain on parade. The 4in1 are superb earphones at any price.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #35,217 of 35,472

Agree.
As I said before, budget iem is a fun hobby, discovering cheap earphones and what they can do for little money is the main point on this thread.
Recommending users that come here to get a top iem doesn't make sense, you can afford to be disappointed by a $10-$50 iem not a $1000, you have to learn what is good sound for you and a little bit of audio vocabulary before making a choice between the various published reviews of these "super iems".
And the usual rule of diminishing returns applies, budget iems are giving a lot, more and more every year ( even month according to what we're reading here ), top iems are different, what they give you may seem valuable for some or totally overpriced for others.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #35,218 of 35,472
I really don't get why someone shouldn't be able to enjoy, buy and collect cheap and mid-priced in-ears and full-sized headphones when he/she already owns one or more expensive/flagship product.

Sure those persons won't use the lower-end stuff for critical stationary listening, but sometimes in-between, on the go, for videos, less demanding/slow music, radio listening or just for fun, why shouldn't they be able to also enjoy the less resolving and cheap stuff?

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #35,219 of 35,472
I really don't get why someone shouldn't be able to enjoy, buy and collect cheap and mid-priced in-ears and full-sized headphones when he/she already owns one or more expensive/flagship product.

Sure those persons won't use the lower-end stuff for critical stationary listening, but sometimes in-between, on the go, for videos, less demanding/slow music, radio listening or just for fun, why shouldn't they be able to also enjoy the less resolving and cheap stuff?

Good points.

Another thing to consider is applications and sound signatures. 

If I want to listen to top 40 radio, I'm reaching for a different earphone that than say, something I'd use to listen to a live or acoustic performance. 

If I'm going for a jog, I'm reaching for a different earphone than something I'm going to watch a movie or listen to a soundtrack with. 

I would never take a TOTL earphone out of the house to commute with. 

And so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back