Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #31,996 of 35,472
Say what you don't like about the ATE and I/someone else could give a better reccomenation, in my opinion the ATE is a good natural sound. You want something more forward mids than the ATE?

They sound WAY to dark for me and I guess there to bassy

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #31,998 of 35,472
I think someone else should step in here to help you - the ATE is more or less at my limit of how bright of an IEM I can handle! Sorry!

Yeah I don't really like dark sound signature. I like something like the grados bright sound signature or something musical.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #31,999 of 35,472
Exactly my brother, a good file is a good file whether it's on A&K or a X3. It also does not matter the codec, if the recording is awesome it will be awesome no matter the player (not saying you can't tweak on any of that gear) but that the music IMO comes from the media:wink_face:

Tried using my mom's recent Gen Nano. It was no bueno. The Fiio M3 sounds way better for cheaper

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #32,001 of 35,472
End game is when you can be at peace with what you have and understand this market is propelling at an insane rate with money grabbing companies. There'll always be something newer, better in half the time of the last.

Set your budget, find your signature, shoot for the best you can. Then sit back and watch everyone continue going around the merry go round...

Well Said UncleH20, very well indeed. I think thats what end game means, literally. Not summit fi but finding the signature that makes you forget about the gear and care only about the music, end this silly game. And I think for the first time I might have found such a thing. I have already started watching people go around the merry go round :wink:

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #32,002 of 35,472
Well Said UncleH20, very well indeed. I think thats what end game means, literally. Not summit fi but finding the signature that makes you forget about the gear and care only about the music, end this silly game. And I think for the first time I might have found such a thing. I have already started watching people go around the merry go round :wink:

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Which Fender is that? They have them at my local Guitar Center

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #32,007 of 35,472
This is very informative! Thanks! In your opinion which is much better for male vocals? Xe800 or rm-600m? Currently listening to grunge and alterntive rock, already got the a2s and I just love how thick and airy the vocals are but treble detail may be lacking for me. Thinking about purchasing one of those i mention
smily_headphones1.gif

XE800 portraits male voices excellently. Centred, clear, powerful and a tiny bit more present than completely flat. 
Do make sure you pair them with a warm source and give them a proper burn in.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #32,009 of 35,472
They sound WAY to dark for me and I guess there to bassy

Maybe you want to try KZ ZS3, they are brighter and more detailed than ATE

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #32,010 of 35,472
With the tips I use, they are lightweight, quick with really good impact and weight. Excellent blend of mid bass and sub bass. The way it integrates with the midrange is glorious 

I need to go demo them on my next day off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back