Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #32,012 of 35,472
If you like bright then get some tennmak pianos off ae. I love sparkly treble with lots of detail and these have become my go to iems. Once they burn in they have nice sub bass too.

I agree Piano sub bass is fantastic

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #32,013 of 35,472
Look cool
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/qAfamI7z
8DB14C2A-9C35-4FFC-B8C9-BA77E8DF304E_zps9kkds8vi.jpg

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #32,016 of 35,472
  Since E107 is not expensive, I think I'll try getting a new pair and compare, I can't live with the doubt. Once I receive them, I'll let you know.
ph34r.gif

Even I can bear it but it's true that E107 has quite a piercing high if you are treb sensitive, but it's detail is great too.
I suggest you to pick the Tennmak Piano or Dulcimer instead. Nice sub bass extension with crisp high.
My E107 is in my drawer right now 
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #32,017 of 35,472
  Even I can bear it but it's true that E107 has quite a piercing high if you are treb sensitive, but it's detail is great too.
I suggest you to pick the Tennmak Piano or Dulcimer instead. Nice sub bass extension with crisp high.
My E107 is in my drawer right now 
biggrin.gif

you listen to rock music? you could check how they play metallica like to hear the guitar and drum tracks?

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #32,018 of 35,472
  I don't think is the seal, so maybe I'm too sensitive to high frequencies. Sadly, I have don't have another pair to compare and see if mine is defective.

Happened to me once with Brainwvz M5 (I was looking for an upgrade for my M1, which I like lots). I tried them in a physical store and I liked them so I got a pair for a friend as a present. Some months later I bought a pair for me in the Brainwavz online store and... Piercieng highs (D:), even more annoying to what I feel with E107. Since I knew the sounf of M5 and concluded that they were defective (agh), that's what I think my E107 might be broken, too :frowning2: 

Sounds like a bad seal, too shallow of an insertion, or defective unit. I actually had a similar experience when I got them, "..and these are supposed to be bassy?", but after a bit of tip rolling, I found a pair of tips where the end of the nozzle is very close to the opening of the tip (not much "extra material" on the tip in front of the nozzle), which gave me a super deep insertion and a good seal. They almost disappear in my ears. And then the bass came, in big chunks.

Anyway, of course it's possible you've got a defective unit, or that you simply hear them differently, but I have a really hard time believing anyone but the biggest basshead calling my pair, with a good seal and deep insertion "bass light".

Where do you live, bro? If you're in the EU I could send you mine, if you're interested. Not getting a lot of ear time atm, so I wouldn't mind being without them for a while.

after years of trying iems, havi b3 pro 1 is still the best under 100 imo

Agreed.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #32,022 of 35,472
  you listen to rock music? you could check how they play metallica like to hear the guitar and drum tracks?

Are you asking about the E107? Then yes they sound great with rock and metal. Even the bass doesn't reach low end but it is fast and punchy. The mid is a little thin and cold but quite suite to the genre.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #32,023 of 35,472

What would you guys recommend that's similar to the Xiaomi hybrids but with less bass and better sq overall? <$50

I like vsonic vsd3 (for home use/ poor durability ), vivo xe800 and hlsx bk50. All of them are <$40 and have less bass than hybrids.

I like BK50 too. But from the performance/price ratio the Hybrids are better. All you need to do is to decrease their mid-bass using the equalizer, simple.

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #32,025 of 35,472
Those Moondrop Nocturne looks like a Final Audio IEM!

yes they look alike but i don't think it will be close to the original in terms of sound esp when BAM is being incorporated into the fibass 
smily_headphones1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back