Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #31,186 of 35,472

The 5 is godlike. speaking as having owned $500+ IEMs and sampled a bunch? These are giant killers.

Hmm I've been tempted by the TFZ since they first showed up. IIRC the first couple people said they were a basshead IEM (series 1) which made me lose interest but lately the impressions have mostly all been very positive. Now I'm trying to decide between Series 5 and SIMGOT EN700....

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #31,187 of 35,472
  Hmm I've been tempted by the TFZ since they first showed up. IIRC the first couple people said they were a basshead IEM (series 1) which made me lose interest but lately the impressions have mostly all been very positive. Now I'm trying to decide between Series 5 and SIMGOT EN700....

I believe the Series 3 is a basshead IEM but the 5 is definitely not. It's warm, yes, but not basshead at all. I admit I like warmer, bassier headphones in general (M100, Momentum, Nighthawk), but these are not big and boomy. Just full and lush. I'm done shopping for IEMs, I'm only here to chitchat.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #31,188 of 35,472
  The mod I've done is very simple.

I've only done one mod -- the "harakiri" mod (Japanese Seppuku reference). This involves poking a thin needle into the bass port, puncturing a film that is just below the shell surface. Once the needle penetrates the thin film, you'll feel it and you can stop there. If you go further, you risk hitting the driver as well. It's really not that hard to do, it's easy to go slow and stop right after you break the film. This mod decreases the bass. Stock tuning, these are pretty bassy and definitely a good bit above neutral. Opening a small hole in the film lets air to escape the back of the housing, which will result in more neutral/natural bass levels.

Another mod, which I have not done, is removing the filter from the iem. You just lift the silver plate on the nozzle, and underneath there's a foam (HifiMan) filter. Just remove it and put the silver grill back on. This makes them more treble forward. I prefer to avoid sibilance or shoutiness so I left this alone.

There's also another mod which involves venting the actual tip... didn't bother to do that because it seems complicated, but the user said after he did all of these mods, they're so good that he's selling his Andromeda.

If you're interested in reading more discussion about the TFZ 5 you can search up "tfz endgame" on google :)

I believe the Series 3 is a basshead IEM but the 5 is definitely not. It's warm, yes, but not basshead at all. I admit I like warmer, bassier headphones in general (M100, Momentum, Nighthawk), but these are not big and boomy. Just full and lush. I'm done shopping for IEMs, I'm only here to chitchat.

Chooo chooo!! :p

Keep the impressions coming guys!

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #31,189 of 35,472

Chooo chooo!! :p

Keep the impressions coming guys!

I will say, if you're modding it that much, you can probably find something better. To ME? It doesn't need mods. But if folks think it does, they can find something brighter out there.

Jul 12, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #31,190 of 35,472

And the A2S is what the A3 SHOULD have been IMO. Tip rolling was quite helpful for me in terms of getting a seal that gave me the most balanced presentation. That review will be dropping soon as well :wink:  

Good to hear that. Ordered A2S also for 49€ ;P Can`t wait for them to arrive! Question though - do You consider A2S overall better over TFZ s3&s5 ? Series 5 seem to be needing modification for sure and messing with 80$ IEM with "dangerous" mods is too much imho
rolleyes.gif

All three are fantastic but I would say the Series 3 or 5 are where the special sauce is at IMO.

I would say that the LZ A2S and TFZ series are the new standards for what you can get for <$100 dollars these days.

What is the main difference between s3 & s5 and how do they compare to A2S in terms of soundstage, micro-details and separation/layering ?

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #31,193 of 35,472
Series 5 seem to be needing modification for sure and messing with 80$ IEM with "dangerous" mods is too much imho
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by crabdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I'm trying to decide between Series 5 and SIMGOT EN700....

Okay apparently I confused the **** out of a seller on AE and now I got the TFZ 5 for 45 bucks.

Hope You know how to modify them, unless You are "basshead":

Series 5 Stock (green) vs Shozy Zero

Series 5 Modded (green) vs Shozy

S5 vs S3 
Stock - red is S3 

Modded (red is S3)

...but the user said after he did all of these mods, they're so good that he's selling his Andromeda.

Really? Could You please refer to that user post? Link? What gear he uses? 
I reallllly doubt modded TFZ S5 is better than andromeda
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

The 5 is godlike. speaking as having owned $500+ IEMs and sampled a bunch? These are giant killers.

Now I think I remember why I didn`t follow much Your impressions and reviews. Audio world is subjective though. 
Glad they fit Your preferences and prefer them over 500$ IEM`s... but please... 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #31,195 of 35,472
  Pastapipo, could You post (or send) me link where did You buy it from?

Quote:
I got them from here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Vivo-XE800-in-ear-HiFi-earphone-with-mic-for-smartphones/32649424538.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.81.PBFK8K

I can't guarantee that these are real since I've never heard the $100 Vivo XE800, but if they are fake, someone sure put a lot of effort in them. 
From the sound to the little V on the tip, it's all paid attention to.

I bought from this seller too when they were $29.90 about 4 months ago. After hearing this beauty I thought to myself "I wonder what else these Chinese can make?"... which led me to this thread... which led me to being poorer... and going without food.... BUT TOTALLY HAPPY!!! 
L3000.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #31,196 of 35,472
Btw, Magaosi BK50 is down to 39$. It`s getting really SQ/price war out there... first A2S with great deal, XE800, now BK50. Crazy IEM days...

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #31,198 of 35,472
  Hope You know how to modify them, unless You are "basshead":

Series 5 Stock (green) vs Shozy Zero

Series 5 Modded (green) vs Shozy

S5 vs S3 
Stock - red is S3 

Modded (red is S3)

Really? Could You please refer to that user post? Link? What gear he uses? 
I reallllly doubt modded TFZ S5 is better than andromeda
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

The 5 is godlike. speaking as having owned $500+ IEMs and sampled a bunch? These are giant killers.

Now I think I remember why I didn`t follow much Your impressions and reviews. Audio world is subjective though. 
Glad they fit Your preferences and prefer them over 500$ IEM`s... but please... 
rolleyes.gif

I am really not allowed to link it here on HF. It will probably get delted immediately, just google "tfz endgame" and you'll find it rather easily:)

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #31,200 of 35,472
Thats why I used " " marks for "basshead". Most users seem to think of them as bassy headphones in stock configuration though, at least from what I have read.
I am really not allowed to link it here on HF. It will probably get delted immediately, just google "tfz endgame" and you'll find it rather easily:)

Did already but couldn`t find that "andromeda statement".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back