Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #31,216 of 35,472
  Got my LZ O3A, Joyroom e103 and Hotfi Z800 (it was Zyin Z800 before) - http://ru.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-In-Ear-Monitor-stereo-Earphones-3-5mm-MIC-Headphones-Headset-With-MMCX-Interface-Cable-for/1922340_32660388672.html. 
LZ is good for it's price, sound signature reminds me of my bosshifi b3. I don't know why but it brings to mind the word "vintage". Warm and soft sound.
With Joyroom e103 I'm a little surprised, with the price of 12-13$ it have the SQ comparable with LZ. I would say there isn't any warmth at all.
And this Hotfi sounds very muddy, maybe later sound will be better, if not - Z800 have very cheap bad sounding drivers. Or it need some vent holes. We will see.
Now patiently (patiently?! who am I kidding?) waiting vor Vyrus.

Sorry for my English, I hope at least someone will understand what I've written
rolleyes.gif

yes i understand dont worry. so lz is yr favourite?
i am waiting for the vyrus too!

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #31,218 of 35,472

yes i understand dont worry. so lz is yr favourite?
i am waiting for the vyrus too!

It's hard to say. I think at the moment Bosshifi B3 > LZ. Bosshifi has a little more details and a little less subbass.
Bosshifi B3( warm, a bit dark sound, but not for bassheads)> Tennmak Pro (very clear and loud sound, lacks a bit of bass) = Joyroom (clear, "cold" sound,  balanced. Better for electronic music in all forms) = LZ ( warm, balanced, less detailed than B B3 and Pro)

I will use Bosshifi (with Meizu tips) and Joyroom (With Rock Zircon tips) for now.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #31,220 of 35,472
Jul 12, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #31,228 of 35,472
Hi,

I have a question about impedance. The BossHifi B8 headphones sound very dynamic directly connected to my
Nokia N8, it appears that the N8 has a great DAC and good amp built-in.

I've got a refurb FiiO E7 from FiiO via Ali. When I try to use it as a booster amp, connected to the N8
and my B8 connected to the FiiO the volume is still less than when I connect my HP directly
to the N8. What gives? The output of the FiiO is maxxed out (40 on the display).

Has this something to do with the impedance of the HPs? When I connect my FiiO E7
as a DAC to the N8 via USB I can listen much louder out of the E7 but dynamics are notably less
than when I connect the HP directly to the Nokia.

Would dynamics improve if I use some of those impedance converter/adapter plugs which I saw on AE?
What do they do?

I asked FiiO some time ago via their seller's page on Ali but they never replied. I'd be very thankful if
somebody could tell me more about this problem. As it is now the E7 is useless with my B8 HPs.

Thank you. Cheers, Jörg.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #31,229 of 35,472
Guys, has anyone heard about the Colorfly C200? Seems a nice option for the price! I had a CK4+ back some time and they really sounded good!

Specification:
Master chip: JZ4760
DAC chip: ESS Colorfly customization Level
Maximum memory: 64GB Micro SD card
THD distortion: PO <0.0012% (A weight)
SNR: PO> 109dB
Earphone output power: 80mW (32Ω)
Frequency range: 20-20kHz
Supported formats: DSD / DFF / FLAC / APE / WAV / CUE / MP3
Screen Size: 2.6 inch 320 * 240
USB function: USB DAC / USB DATA / CHARGE
Volume Step: 1/2/5%
Favorites: Support
Level Meter: Support
Size: 64 * 110 * 19mm
Weight: 160g
Output interface: headphone + Line output
System: Style Pro V1.0
Positioning: entry level, fashion, the younger generation, street style

Package:
Colorfly C200 Music Player
Micro USB
2 screen protector
User manual

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Colorfly-C200-32bit-192kHz-DSD-High-Quality-Pocket-Music-Player/32677295597.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.57.eBaDPR

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #31,230 of 35,472
Hi,

I have a question about impedance. The BossHifi B8 headphones sound very dynamic directly connected to my

Nokia N8, it appears that the N8 has a great DAC and good amp built-in.

I've got a refurb FiiO E7 from FiiO via Ali. When I try to use it as a booster amp, connected to the N8

and my B8 connected to the FiiO the volume is still less than when I connect my HP directly

to the N8. What gives? The output of the FiiO is maxxed out (40 on the display).

Has this something to do with the impedance of the HPs? When I connect my FiiO E7

as a DAC to the N8 via USB I can listen much louder out of the E7 but dynamics are notably less

than when I connect the HP directly to the Nokia.

Would dynamics improve if I use some of those impedance converter/adapter plugs which I saw on AE?
What do they do?

I asked FiiO some time ago via their seller's page on Ali but they never replied. I'd be very thankful if
somebody could tell me more about this problem. As it is now the E7 is useless with my B8 HPs.

Thank you. Cheers, Jörg.

The impedance is not to blame in this case.
The problem seems to be the low gain of just +4 dB when using the FiiO's line-in. This obviously means the signal of the N8 should be at least 4 dB louder when passed through the FiiO. Hence this doesn't seem to be true in your case, I guess it might be a problem of input-clipping when using the N8 in combination with the FiiO (the E7 starts input-clipping at about 1.25 V RMS).

Edit: Afaik the maxxed out volume should be 60 not 40. So maybe that's the problem :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back