Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #30,287 of 35,472
  Quick question... i followed the banned thread for a couple of weeks and i got my mind set on those, but following the latest events i wont buy them cause i dont like dishonest people.. So any recommendations on iem around 150$? i like neutral/warm sound no sibilance, detachable cables and decent sealing/fit cause i travel a lot. At the moment im using Shure 215 and while i like the fit/construction/isolation i find them pretty mediocre sounding (true, compared with my hd650+bottlehead crack i listen at home :p )
I will power them with my Note4+Chord Mojo so amping is no issue

I'm in the same boat if you know what I mean.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #30,288 of 35,472
Massdrop has the Thinksound TS02 for $40. I have a lot of respect for them. Anyone heard this model?

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #30,290 of 35,472
Jun 26, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #30,292 of 35,472
On HCK I only saw the 11, 12 & 12s no 13

You're right. He removed them. The other store that lists the 13 are actually the 12 with added false driver info. I told them a couple weeks ago to stop false advertising and they immediately said it was a mistake and not to worry about it. They would change it. Wish I could give a review of the store. People are buying them thinking it has 3 BA and 1 dynamic

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #30,293 of 35,472
  I just did. Might be eating packet noodles for the next month!

I didn't think I was the only one to go without food for IEM's, so it is nice to meet another brother.
L3000.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #30,297 of 35,472
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #30,299 of 35,472
  IMO putting reviiew items on tour is a great idea. If I am manufacturer, I think it helps to promote my product. I am very much willing to pay a deposit and a small fee to get the opportunity to try out before committing a purchase. When I was purchasing a tennis racket, one of the sellers has such program.

People who have bought an item can also send it around to forum friends to give impressions as well. I find the best friends to have on a forum are ones who have different impressions of products. It really helps figure out what might might have overlooked in a product.

a quick counterpoint on the whole banned seller/shilling scandal: is there not (defense counsel argues) a certain disconnect between, on the one hand, supporting an industry which is based largely on flagrant copying of existing designs and wild over-hyping  of its products and, on the other hand, expressing outrage over using a few college kids as shills? i'm all for business integrity, but enough of a realist to understand that these practices are merely a part of an entire (international) commercial culture, which as consumers, we can either accept with requisite skepticism or avoid entirely.

At least here, I think that puts a distorted perspective on things. While there is quite a bit of hype, if you've read any of the threads for any seriously expensive pair of headphones here before impressions rolled in, you'd see the product trashed to the ends of the Earth for everything from price to the use of plastics. The message about the product isn't just coming from the manufacturer or their promoter, but from people who have have either bought it, or have an interest in writing a review out of genuine interest. In my experience, quite a few new products have been genuinely excellent. For the manufacturer, they aren't in a position where making anything other than a great product is acceptable, as the higher up the hype mountain, the bigger the fall if it isn't as good as everyone hoped. There are multi-thousand dollar headphones out there which NOBODY talks about here any longer as they not only didn't meet the hype built up around them, but sounded awful to the people who bought or tried them. I've seen a single mistake in a design kill sales of a hyped product dead.

I thought selling fakes and rip offs barred you from being a sponsor? 
confused_face_2.gif

http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_95.html 

Oh my mistake, they don't look similar at all 
rolleyes.gif

We would have to ban Superlux discussion if that were the case. Where to draw the line is a problem, but at least the pictured headphones don't use the name of the product that inspired their design. The issue I had with EE was that they were selling a product that was an exact clone of a well-known pair of IEMs and even had the same model name.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #30,300 of 35,472
Said No, to be avoid fake.

I'd had very bad experience with fake urbeats, the sound incredible bad.
4A16F8F6-B4FB-410E-B7AE-3E536DD1CA71_zpsnb4nekxt.jpg

Look at the out box totally can't tell, and pay for $70 SGD and the seller told me it is a gift.
DE12332A-B591-4F13-954D-394EB4365C9E_zpstyu3xlkt.jpg

9E5FA243-472B-4C71-815B-B1722833284F_zpskc11b5on.jpg

047E8825-9E4E-4E55-80A1-FC3BD914C78A_zpss21frr0q.jpg

80ACD48F-0669-4FF9-B220-F31836DBAB8B_zpsxwlrwckg.jpg

At the end bought a rock and bang on my own foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back