Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #2,986 of 35,472
  sorry double post

Re-posting my comment I left to your question after my RE-400 review.  Perhaps we can discuss it further in here about which one is better RE-400 or DM2.

To be honest, they are not in the same sound signature category to compare.  RE-400 ergonomics, fit, comfort is better, and mids sounds a little more natural.  DM2 has more upfront mids and a strong fast bass (mid-bass hump, and a lot faster attack than RE-400).  I listen to a lot of commercial EDM music, so my preference leaning more toward DM2 because I like fast deep impact bass in my ears.  Also, DM2 soundstage is a bit wider.  RE-400 is great all around listening for more relaxing laid back enjoyment.  Also, I consider them my reference IEMs to compare other headphones against because I feel they represent sound relatively accurate, neutral enough to compare to.  RE-400 is lighter and more comfortable, while DM2 has a bolder look and shape which could be a bit slippery, but still they are planted firmly in my ears.

One thing to note, RE-400B paired up with HM700 balanced output (not talking about sound signature but the actual wiring of V+/V- swing instead of V+ to ground) - sound much better than RE-400 regular unbalanced.  The width of the sound in RE-400B and additional details is a step above RE-400.  But at the same time, HM700 has a very neutral cold signature, where I prefer a warmer X5, but listening to X5 with RE-400B (using inline adapter to covert from balanced to unbalanced) sounds the same as listening to regular unbalanced RE-400.  So, the "magic" always stays with a balanced wiring and it's driver source.  Perhaps one of these days I will have to check out HiFiMAN balanced output DAPs.

May 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #2,987 of 35,472
Ordered the grey moxpad x3 today, let's see if they're that good. 
L3000.gif

i'm just worried whith the warranty...hope it last one year.

May 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #2,988 of 35,472
  Looking for a recommendation!

+ Price around $50-$60 [ Been eyeballing some on Penon's website. ]
+ IEM's, can not really handle Headphones where I live. Tends to get muggy and hot.
+  I'm afraid of to much bass or sibilance, due to me getting headaches.
+ I mainly need them to be comfortable and pretty natural sounding
+ Pretty solid build would help.
+ Pretty easily driven, will be using them at my PC or possibly phone. Can't afford DACs and AMPs. 
wink.gif

Thanks to Twister for the suggestion about posting here, may get more recommendations.

Zero Audio Tenore or Ostry KC06

May 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #2,989 of 35,472

Re-posting my comment I left to your question after my RE-400 review.  Perhaps we can discuss it further in here about which one is better RE-400 or DM2.

To be honest, they are not in the same sound signature category to compare.  RE-400 ergonomics, fit, comfort is better, and mids sounds a little more natural.  DM2 has more upfront mids and a strong fast bass (mid-bass hump, and a lot faster attack than RE-400).  I listen to a lot of commercial EDM music, so my preference leaning more toward DM2 because I like fast deep impact bass in my ears.  Also, DM2 soundstage is a bit wider.  RE-400 is great all around listening for more relaxing laid back enjoyment.  Also, I consider them my reference IEMs to compare other headphones against because I feel they represent sound relatively accurate, neutral enough to compare to.  RE-400 is lighter and more comfortable, while DM2 has a bolder look and shape which could be a bit slippery, but still they are planted firmly in my ears.

One thing to note, RE-400B paired up with HM700 balanced output (not talking about sound signature but the actual wiring of V+/V- swing instead of V+ to ground) - sound much better than RE-400 regular unbalanced.  The width of the sound in RE-400B and additional details is a step above RE-400.  But at the same time, HM700 has a very neutral cold signature, where I prefer a warmer X5, but listening to X5 with RE-400B (using inline adapter to covert from balanced to unbalanced) sounds the same as listening to regular unbalanced RE-400.  So, the "magic" always stays with a balanced wiring and it's driver source.  Perhaps one of these days I will have to check out HiFiMAN balanced output DAPs.

Thanks for the brief explanation, bro.

May 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #2,996 of 35,472
If you want a much complete iem from china then I say the dn2k is the way to go :sunglasses:
I hear some people saying the dn2k is bass anemic and even brighter than the dnk, which is already too bright for my taste.

I don't even know why I'm still dumping cash out for iems when all I do is listen to my $19 hk1 lol. I love these things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back