Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #2,957 of 35,472
  Seems like Dolphin or S680 are the best full sized closed headphones; not sure which because nobody has tried both.  

Any good full sized open headphones?

Yeah it would be good if there was a comparison of the s680 and the dolphin.

From what i have heard isolation isn't great on the s680 whereas it is pretty good on the dolphins. 

May 9, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,958 of 35,472
I'm getting Sidy DM2, can't resist those horn shape.
redface.gif

Will post comparison with KC06 when I got them.

funny, that's the reason i'm very interested in them. 

at least i hope those exchangeable nozzles work well, unlike  some "not worth naming" iem i got 

May 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #2,960 of 35,472
Hmmm, KZ GR?
wink.gif

So you're getting them too? should be fun to read your comparison with KC06.
biggrin.gif

nope. actually they look similar to those GR. but believe me, they're really not worth the money. not the retail, 50% or even 70% off. my favorites budget She3680 beats them in every way.
i admit that i could have got a bad batch, but i doubt it

May 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,962 of 35,472
  funny, that's the reason i'm very interested in them. 

at least i hope those exchangeable nozzles work well, unlike  some "not worth naming" iem i got 

LOVE your detailed reviews, and can't wait for your DM2 impressions!

The shape is unique, but its a bit slippery sucker!

Regarding filter ducts/nozzles, they do work but only 2 out of 3 are useful.  Penonaudio told me that silver one going to be discontinued moving forward since it alters sound too much (almost like a surgical cut of low frequencies).  Black one was nice to try out to hear how bass can ruin a sound :)  Red one is just perfect.  Don't expect a neutral balanced sound, you are still getting a healthy amount of bass quantity with it (love it!!!).

May 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,963 of 35,472

LOVE your detailed reviews, and can't wait for your DM2 impressions!

The shape is unique, but its a bit slippery sucker!

Regarding filter ducts/nozzles, they do work but only 2 out of 3 are useful.  Penonaudio told me that silver one going to be discontinued moving forward since it alters sound too much (almost like a surgical cut of low frequencies).  Black one was nice to try out to hear how bass can ruin a sound :)  Red one is just perfect.  Don't expect a neutral balanced sound, you are still getting a healthy amount of bass quantity with it (love it!!!).

The MR1 is sort of the same way. Black has too much bass, red leans toward neutral with a nice bass kick.

Still too much distortion in it for me though.

May 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #2,966 of 35,472
Im in love with my hk1. The more I listen to it the better it gets. Super rich sound bordering on boomy. Easy to drive. It almost has the same sound signature as the monster gratitude. Gratitude might be a bit better in the mids and treble but not much. These are epic, they completely destroy the piston 2.0 IMHO and are my pick for best $20 iem.

The sound IS NOT for everyone. However, if you want good isolation, deep sub bass that doesn't bleed into the midrange, and minimal sibilance with a nice sparkle at the end, I implore you to try them.

I just pulled the trigger on the dm2. If the hk1 sounds this good for 20 bucks, I'm expecting the dm2 to whisk me away to a audiophilic dimension I've never been to before lol

May 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,968 of 35,472
Nah, their Penon store actually include the normal shipping charge on ebay. Sidy DM2 is $59 on their ebay page... plus $6 shipping. Guess how much is the "free shipping" DM2 on Penonaudio.com? :p
I compared prices. There is minimal or no difference once you add up the shipping and cost. However I would assume we would be supporting penonaudio.com more by purchasing from the actual website, as there is no middle man, and thus no eBay fees for Mr Penon to pay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back