Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #29,701 of 35,472
Guys,

I have a question about a USB OTG cable I want to order from Ali, this one:

http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Right-Angle-Micro-USB-B-to-mini-USB-OTG-Cable-for-DAC-Portable-Digital-Amplifier/32383193394.html

Does it work like a regular OTG cable, has one of you experience with it?

I have a working config but it's very clumsy so I'm looking for a short handy solution to connect my smartphone to the DAC of my FiiO E7.

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #29,702 of 35,472
Good to hear You having same improvements! Did You closed them with glue or with tape? I recommend it seal properly withgel-superglue if You like it.
Also try P2 brownie tips too if You have them.

I put a piece of duct tape to cover the hole. It works well.
I am not brave enough to use superglue right now, Btw, what is it inside the hole? Is it safe to to put super glue in there? 
confused_face_2.gif

I have some Piston 3 tips but unfortunately they are not the same as Piston 2.1 tips...
Waiting for the creative tips 
tongue_smile.gif

Forgot to add 3rd point - try amping 808 because dynamic in it requires little above average power I believe. At least after upgrading DX50 opamps it made very noticeable difference.
Atm listening David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0 and everything sounds great! Orchestral instruments and bass are full and powerful sounding, vocals not cold anymore and have very natural sound.

+1
On mid-gain with my modded DX90, 808 sounds very good 
etysmile.gif
, difficult to press the Stop button.

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #29,703 of 35,472
Guys,

I have a question about a USB OTG cable I want to order from Ali, this one:

http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Right-Angle-Micro-USB-B-to-mini-USB-OTG-Cable-for-DAC-Portable-Digital-Amplifier/32383193394.html

Does it work like a regular OTG cable, has one of you experience with it?

I have a working config but it's very clumsy so I'm looking for a short handy solution to connect my smartphone to the DAC of my FiiO E7.

Thanks.

I actually ordered the same cable from the same seller for my c5d about month ago. It hasn't arrived yet but i'll report it here if you don't mind waiting

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #29,704 of 35,472
  I've got them. Too odd an EQ balance with a large hump from midbass to midrange with insufficient subbass and treble. Think KZ ZN1 Mini, but that sound curve even more exaggerated and not as good.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a miss.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #29,707 of 35,472
Yea, I wasn't impressed with the BK35's either. I've received a second pair from the maker 'MaGaosi' since the first one he sent were defective. I'll be posting a review within a few weeks along side the BK50 and the 808's.

I finally have all three at hand, but won't be posting the reviews until a few weeks later. A little hint I can say is that the BK50's can easily be inserted deeper with smaller tips and sounds great! especially the MIDS! .....very similar inserts as the KZ ATE. The BK50 can easily be a keeper for those with medium to large ears for comfort and I already like them better then the Xiaomi Triple hybrid with the similar housing! .....I promise a full review within a few weeks!

I look forward to your BK50 review. It's said tune to sounds like JVC HA-FX1200.

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #29,708 of 35,472
Just came back from e-earphone (thanks for the recommendation @goodluck4u
!). 
Found a dragonfly 1.0 DAC for just $20. This thing is unbelievable, huge upgrade from my Sony Vaio onboard dac, which sounds muddy and congested now. 
I'm in love. :beyersmile:

Can you share how to get that tiny dad? I'm interested.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #29,711 of 35,472
Hello, some questions Headfiers
I want to buy Soundmagic E80, is Penonaudio or Amazon.uk an authorized dealer of Soundmagic?Is it worth wait for E80C or buy the normal version without mic (for durability issues)? , because i have an E10 that is still going strong after 2 years with everyday use and gym and then i bought a E10M version and after only 2 weeks the side of the mic just died.

Im sorry for repost but noone answered and i need you opinions!!!

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #29,713 of 35,472

You got it! I'll keep you informed!.....And, you're right! I meant to say the "1more triple hybrid."

It was a long and exhausting week at work.
ksc75smile.gif

I bought the BK50 and another 808. Magaosi made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Will PM you the details.

Was laughing at everyone getting addicted to the Chinese earphones just a few weeks ago. Now I have bought 6. I'm done buying them for like the 4th time.
beyersmile.png

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #29,714 of 35,472
Hello, some questions Headfiers

I want to buy Soundmagic E80, is Penonaudio or Amazon.uk an authorized dealer of Soundmagic?Is it worth wait for E80C or buy the normal version without mic (for durability issues)? , because i have an E10 that is still going strong after 2 years with everyday use and gym and then i bought a E10M version and after only 2 weeks the side of the mic just died.

Im sorry for repost but noone answered and i need you opinions!!!

E80 sounds good, but it is boring and un-engaging. I gave it to my buddy and it broke after a few months. Got stuck in his drawer, yanked and the cable ripped from the housing.

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #29,715 of 35,472

Yea, I wasn't impressed with the BK35's either. I've received a second pair from the maker 'MaGaosi' since the first one he sent were defective. I'll be posting a review within a few weeks along side the BK50 and the 808's.

I finally have all three at hand, but won't be posting the reviews until a few weeks later. A little hint I can say is that the BK50's can easily be inserted deeper with smaller tips and sounds great! especially the MIDS! .....very similar inserts as the KZ ATE. The BK50 can easily be a keeper for those with medium to large ears for comfort and I already like them better then the Xiaomi Triple hybrid with the similar housing! .....I promise a full review within a few weeks

Oops!.....meant to say the 1more triple hybrid!  

Waiting eagerly for Your review and comparison 808 vs. BK50 !!! I`m already suspecting I`m still going to get BK50 despite I`m having truly hi-fi experience with modded 808 ;P

Good to hear You having same improvements! Did You closed them with glue or with tape? I recommend it seal properly withgel-superglue if You like it.
Also try P2 brownie tips too if You have them.

I put a piece of duct tape to cover the hole. It works well.
I am not brave enough to use superglue right now, Btw, what is it inside the hole? Is it safe to to put super glue in there? 

That`s why I underlined gel-superglue - it doesn`t flow through the hole onto driver membrane and "sticks" inside hole. It must be GEL-superglue!

Forgot to add 3rd point - try amping 808 because dynamic in it requires little above average power I believe. At least after upgrading DX50 opamps it made very noticeable difference.
Atm listening David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0 and everything sounds great! Orchestral instruments and bass are full and powerful sounding, vocals not cold anymore and have very natural sound.

+1
On mid-gain with my modded DX90, 808 sounds very good , difficult to press the Stop button.

Try it @ high gain too :wink: On modded DX5X I get best result on max gain with lower volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back