Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #29,671 of 35,472

Yea, I wasn't impressed with the BK35's either. I've received a second pair from the maker 'MaGaosi' since the first one he sent were defective. I'll be posting a review within a few weeks along side the BK50 and the 808's.

I finally have all three at hand, but won't be posting the reviews until a few weeks later. A little hint I can say is that the BK50's can easily be inserted deeper with smaller tips and sounds great! especially the MIDS! .....very similar inserts as the KZ ATE. The BK50 can easily be a keeper for those with medium to large ears for comfort and I already like them better then the Xiaomi Triple hybrid with the similar housing! .....I promise a full review within a few weeks!

Don't forget your Hawaiian brother when you get the reviews up. PM me if you can when you put them up. So looking forward to it.
biggrin.gif

Is the "Xiaomi Triple hybrid" the "1MORE Triple Driver"?

Yeah 808 are great for the price and best IEM atm I`m owning (in modified configuration) but I wish someone could compare 808 vs. BK35 vs. BK50 to find out which out of them is "best", so we could give better recommendation and ppl don`t have to modify them to get sound right.
Btw, I`m having a blast with The Mars Volta atm, they sound near "perfect" with little amping, right tips and closed front vent holes.

Btw, about 808 using Piston2.1 tips - I think they do not sell them anymore with silicone tips with wide bore like they were? Any info on that? They seem to have now "round-shaped" brown silicone tips. Guess I have to find alternative to recommend for 808 owners. Got to check out my tips collection, I think I might have some similar tips to P2.1 originals.

I think (by FR graphs) and all sound tweaking needed with 808 - if BK50 shape/nozzle length is ok for buyer - I would probably go rather with BK50.

Thanks for your tip suggestions. I am so close to pulling the plug for those creative tips you suggested. $12 seems a bit steep. The info you post here is awesome dude. Thanks.

www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-Replacement-Earbud-Ear-Tips-for-HS-930i2-HS-930i-Earphone-Earplug-Headset-Eartips-Headphones/32611806077.html

Thanks, might order one and i hope they weren't joking that it's comparable to a k3003
biggrin.gif

You will love them. I have heard a few people say they are a bit too bassy. I can tell you from my experience this is in no way true. It must be their sources.

I've got SUR-S530 (and s520) from ebay few weeks ago. Impressive sound quality: good bass and trebles, neutral mids. Airy and detailed. 
Overall quality is good + detachable cables. Was not expected from JBMmj brand

Another gemstone in my collection - Vivo XE800 (same biocellulose driver as GR07), on Ali for only 27$.
http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Vivo-XE800-in-ear-HiFi-earphone-with-mic-for-smartphones/32649424538.html?spm=2114.30010708.3.2.9oC4Oc&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_5_10039_10037_10017_507_10032_10040,searchweb201603_7&btsid=815d91a7-487e-45dd-8763-a22f7e963e27

Second favorite earphone I own. They kick butt. Weird inserting them and kinda hard to take out is my biggest complaint.

Careful, the vast majority of those are not the same as the original. If it doesn't have the movable metal nozzle, it's a fake.

With that said, it's very good, but a lot of these ~$30 hybrids have met or surpassed it.

I bought two VIVO XE800 from that seller when they were $29. They have the rotating metal nozzle. Seller has almost 10K feedback at 99.2% positive.

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #29,672 of 35,472
Initial impression of the MusicMaker TW1:
Very fast response and decent soundstage. Mids are slightly forward overall on the bright side. The build quality is decent. Came in with silicon and foam tips in a triangular pouch

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #29,673 of 35,472
  Careful, the vast majority of those are not the same as the original. If it doesn't have the movable metal nozzle, it's a fake.

With that said, it's very good, but a lot of these ~$30 hybrids have met or surpassed it.

In your opinion, which ones in particular?

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #29,674 of 35,472
Lol about to delete Aliexpress app from my phone. Ordered the MusicMaker T71 to come with my replacement D2 cable grrr

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #29,675 of 35,472
The Editor wrote: Looking for a new active noise-cancelling, wireless headphone? Take a look at @Jupit3r's latest review of the Ausdom ANC7 here to see why he says "There’s a lot to love about the Ausdom ANC7. They offer enjoyable and balanced sound, especially if your music choice is more towards pop than classical."

Review for Ausdom ANC7:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ausdom-anc7-active-noise-cancelling-wireless-bluetooth-headphone/reviews/16149

One PM today for the size of the ear cups of Ausdom ANC7, the Active Noise Cancelling Headphone. Then I asked my colleague to make this picture. Just take a moment to check it. 

What's more, Our amazon US seller offers a discount for Ausdom ANC7, because I got an request of discount code for this item. 

$15 Off Code: P3HTPS8F
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ERMHI2E  

Ausdom ANC7 is also available in Amazon Amazon UK,  Amazon CA, Amazon DE, Amazon JP:

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #29,677 of 35,472
Actually, there is a reason why we are being recommended to hold off on Rose iems. I have been talking to the team behind Rose line up (like the actual Rose tech company - Really cool bunch of guys, they are really down to earth and they want to do good by the customers). But having said I would hold off on ordering the really high end rose iems for just a while more. Trust me it will be worth it :) 

I will be getting the entire high end line up and will give detailed reviews and impressions then, but for now, I think some kinks are still being worked out on their end so I would hold off, until you have a good return policy if you don't like what you are hearing. Thats all I have to say on that matter :wink: 

Ah, it's been more than a week already! They must have gotten everything fixed by now right? : )
On a more serious note - any (rough) idea when it would be a good time to pick one up?

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #29,679 of 35,472
Initial impression of the MusicMaker TW1:
Very fast response and decent soundstage. Mids are slightly forward overall on the bright side. The build quality is decent. Came in with silicon and foam tips in a triangular pouch

How's the Bass quality/quantity? Isolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back