Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #29,611 of 35,472
Now this replaced ver1 in my cart but my cart needs fine tuning again.....stuffs out stuff in.
wink.gif

Ain't it the truth!

I too wondered what would happen to the S1 bass with that cable opening
eek.gif

I just wish they would add 2 Pin so I could buy different cables for them
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #29,612 of 35,472
  Believe me they have much more than a crap ton of bass. 
basshead.gif
 They definitely deserve the hype but of course there's no way they can compete with high end alternatives. For their price range they kick massive butt.

i agree with my great friend lurk--the zircons are certainly loud, but have a strange unnatural sound-- exaggerated bass and clear, thin highs, and almost no midrange. there's a number of cheapos that really do hit way above their weight (jr107, diyie800), but to my ears these ain't one of them. they do have a lot of zealots, so maybe i'm wrong--if anyone wants to trade me for mine, just pm me.

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #29,613 of 35,472

i agree with my great friend lurk--the zircons are certainly loud, but have a strange unnatural sound-- exaggerated bass and clear, thin highs, and almost no midrange. there's a number of cheapos that really do hit way above their weight (jr107, diyie800), but to my ears these ain't one of them. they do have a lot of zealots, so maybe i'm wrong--if anyone wants to trade me for mine, just pm me.

No, you're not wrong. The Zircons do sound good for EDM, but sound terrible with rock and metal because of that missing midrange. I couldn't get into them either, and I'm one of the biggest budget enthusiasts around.

Everyone likes different things though, so I don't dismiss anything, except that claim of coming close to $1k sets... yeah that's nonsense.

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #29,614 of 35,472
Hi guys, which <$60 iem would you recommend for rock and shoegaze? My piston 3 left earpiece just broke recently and i need another beater iem. I'm about to buy a rebranded version of fidue a65 for only $30 right now but i'm willing to pay more for something better. I'm not sure if there's some kind of obscure chinese iem out there that could beat the fidue a65 for that price and that's why I'm asking you guys :D

Thanks

Jun 16, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #29,615 of 35,472
Dear all, good News!!!

The code for Ausdom Eva Case works now. 

$29.99 to get a Ausdom M05 Bluetooth Headphone with A-PTX  + a free EVA case 

Ausdom M05: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2MEH94
EVA Case : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018I56MLO

Code: UPUBYC4D  ( M05:$29.99 )
Code: Z75SS9LB    (Free code for EVA case)  

Notice: The discount is offered by the store X-fire,please choose X-fire when palce order.

Reviews and discussion on  head-fi.org
http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?search=Ausdom+M05

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #29,616 of 35,472
Believe me they have much more than a crap ton of bass. :basshead:  They definitely deserve the hype but of course there's no way they can compete with high end alternatives. For their price range they kick massive butt.

Sounds like you need to battle them against the HF-209

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #29,618 of 35,472
The prodigal son returns!!

The LZ A2S is the real deal folks. This is what the LZ A3 should have been. Not only is it cheaper its actually better. So much so, I do have to wonder should I lower my A3 review score...

The shells are way better in terms of comfort, and the cable is just pure win. I actually think this might be my favourite cable yet.

The LZ A2S has a creamy and rich upper midrange and treble, with a seamless transition into lower midrange which exhibits no bass bleed. The midrange is full, dry and so engaging. As a whole A2S is quite a bit more engaging than the A3 and A2, but doesn't mean they are brighter. 

The treble extension and resolution is the most noticeable upgrade, cymbal crashes are precise and natural. Female vocals have excellent textures and is not laid-back at all.

It impressed me right out of the box with zero tip rolling. The stock tips for once are not useless and I will use them for the foreseeable future.

This is a no brainer, cheaper than what the A2 was iirc and a HECK of a lot cheaper than the A3. 

Bravo LZ :)

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #29,619 of 35,472
What are the best value IEM's available now? Are the Mi dual drivers the best for under $25?

I gotta tip my hat to the TK Maples and the ipsdi HF-209

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #29,622 of 35,472
Hurr I don't even have the maples yet. Or do you think the 209 is better?

Maples are better but the 209 is a good deal for $6 IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back