Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #29,626 of 35,472
  Now I just complete the triple X-killer

DQSM D2
TK13
LZ-A2S

Can`t wait for proper thorough comparison between them! Please do it! 

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #29,630 of 35,472
Hi guys, which <$60 iem would you recommend for rock and shoegaze? My piston 3 left earpiece just broke recently and i need another beater iem. I'm about to buy a rebranded version of fidue a65 for only $30 right now but i'm willing to pay more for something better. I'm not sure if there's some kind of obscure chinese iem out there that could beat the fidue a65 for that price and that's why I'm asking you guys
biggrin.gif

Thanks

HLSX 808 are great for R&R. Listening to Bauahaus Ziggy Stardust on them now and before that Led Zep. They are full range, with decent bass, mids are just a punani hair recessed, and treble for days. Check out these posts for some mini reviews by @1clearhead avd the RAW mod by @CoiL. While I don't own the Fidue A65, I would think the 808 will kick those in the balls. Search this thread for more info. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25545#post_12504410

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25335#post_12495857

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/29250#post_126422

Ask for your Head-Fi discount:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Origina-HLSX-808-HLSX-18-Hybridd-In-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Driver-BA-With-DD-HIFI/32651444226.html

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #29,631 of 35,472
Yeah 808 are great for the price and best IEM atm I`m owning (in modified configuration) but I wish someone could compare 808 vs. BK35 vs. BK50 to find out which out of them is "best", so we could give better recommendation and ppl don`t have to modify them to get sound right.
Btw, I`m having a blast with The Mars Volta atm, they sound near "perfect" with little amping, right tips and closed front vent holes.

Btw, about 808 using Piston2.1 tips - I think they do not sell them anymore with silicone tips with wide bore like they were? Any info on that? They seem to have now "round-shaped" brown silicone tips. Guess I have to find alternative to recommend for 808 owners. Got to check out my tips collection, I think I might have some similar tips to P2.1 originals.

I think (by FR graphs) and all sound tweaking needed with 808 - if BK50 shape/nozzle length is ok for buyer - I would probably go rather with BK50.

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #29,633 of 35,472
Does anyone here have any experience with the Cowon Plenue D?  I can pick it up for $200, and I'm liking it's smaller size.  There's only 1 review up, and yes there's a thread on it, but given it's roughly 2600 posts, I'm not sure how long I'll have to read before I get to any useful feedback.  My main goal is to find a nicely portable DAP, as my gen 1 Fiio X5 can feel a bit big at times, which is why I often use my xDuoo X3.  After getting that, my X2 and Fiio M3 have kind of been sitting in a drawer, and when I need something exceptionally portable, my Clip + & Zip are personal loves of mine.  I don't need the multiple SD cards the X3 offers as I'll be using a 200GB card.

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #29,634 of 35,472
  Yeah 808 are great for the price and best IEM atm I`m owning (in modified configuration) but I wish someone could compare 808 vs. BK35 vs. BK50 to find out which out of them is "best", so we could give better recommendation and ppl don`t have to modify them to get sound right.
Btw, I`m having a blast with The Mars Volta atm, they sound near "perfect" with little amping, right tips and closed front vent holes.

Btw, about 808 using Piston2.1 tips - I think they do not sell them anymore with silicone tips with wide bore like they were? Any info on that? They seem to have now "round-shaped" brown silicone tips. Guess I have to find alternative to recommend for 808 owners. Got to check out my tips collection, I think I might have some similar tips to P2.1 originals.

I think (by FR graphs) and all sound tweaking needed with 808 - if BK50 shape/nozzle length is ok for buyer - I would probably go rather with BK50.

I have the 808 & the BK35 and to be honest I am not impressed with the BK35 it just sound Ok... were as the 808 I think sounds fantastic. To much mid bass with the BK35 as well which gives it a dull sound to my ears.

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #29,639 of 35,472
Recieved my DQSM D2. I'm pretty sure this is the best sound one can get under 500 bucks from a reputed brand. After some pondering over the pinnacle, ended up getting this. And this is truly spectacular. The build quality is brilliant and can take everyday dhaka abuse, 3 changeable filters bass,treble and flat and a very strong cable. This is the dream iem. A 3 way driver with a DD and 2 BA is the ideal setup.

I solemnly swear not to buy another iem in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back