Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #28,921 of 35,472
  Sorry but no. I don`t need more bass in quantity nor more extended highs and midrange is already clear with 808 ...just earlier mentioned things need improvement. I will probably get BK35 or BK50 since my money needs to go more into something else this and next month, so, TK13 will have to wait some time.

Ok Coil I see your point and seems like your are settled already
rolleyes.gif
Just to clarify for people who might be reading this, it's not that you get more bass with the B3's that you do, but the bass is better in all senses punch, extension, and resolution so the bass is in a different level of the hlsx's which I consider it's weakest point.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #28,922 of 35,472
Thanks for feedback about it isai. I agree with You, bass resolution/detail is 808 weakest point and I`m quite sure B3 is better in that part... just overall impressions and signature of B3 seems too V-shaped and midrange too "neutral" for my personal preferences. This is just my subjective opinion and decision, others may see/hear it differently. 

Damn my WOM-mod is good - I just fall into music with it, 808 doesn`t make me enjoy music that way - what we all should do!
And I`m not talking just about "fun" signature, I get lot of details and resolution that is enough for me.  Just for reference - VE Monk v1 has been so far closest thing to my WOM-mod.

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #28,923 of 35,472
  Thanks for feedback about it isai. I agree with You, bass resolution/detail is 808 weakest point and I`m quite sure B3 is better in that part... just overall impressions and signature of B3 seems too V-shaped and midrange too "neutral" for my personal preferences. This is just my subjective opinion and decision, others may see/hear it differently. 

Damn my WOM-mod is good - I just fall into music with it, 808 doesn`t make me enjoy music that way - what we all should do!
And I`m not talking just about "fun" signature, I get lot of details and resolution that is enough for me.  Just for reference - VE Monk v1 has been so far closest thing to my WOM-mod.

Yes that might be the weakest part of the B3's as I hear them, the tonality coherence between the dynamics and the armature as you go from a warm signature to a colder one.
Damm you make me want to try your WOM-mod.
beerchug.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #28,924 of 35,472
Big fan of the Zeros too! .. if your talking similar budget to the Shozys then possibly the BK35, they too have wood housing, warmish signature, no idea about bass quantity yet but tour getting a DD+2xBA. Clearheads got BK35 on the way and a few others.. the TK Maple another wood is worth looking into also.. search it in these forums its quite recent. .

Ah i saw that yesterday, still deciding which one to buy BK35 or Boss B3, both are tempting but my wallet don't haha.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #28,925 of 35,472
Ah i saw that yesterday, still deciding which one to buy BK35 or Boss B3, both are tempting but my wallet don't haha.

Hi guys. BK50 is available now on Ali by Easy store.
if you are not decided between 808 and bk35. worth a try this.
Improvements on Bass, soundstage is wide, and big, vocals is clear.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-HLSX-BK50-Wooden-Pink-Hybrid-Balance-Armature-With-Dynamic-IEM-HI-FI-In-Ear-Earphones/519064_32677432654.html

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #28,926 of 35,472
Still no-mic version available? If there won`t be no-mic version soon, then going for BK35. I do really like BK50 being open-back:

And seems that angle on the pic may not be for wearing over-ear, one probably needs to swap channels for that, either from gear or re-solder jack end.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #28,927 of 35,472
  Still no-mic version available? If there won`t be no-mic version soon, then going for BK35. I do really like BK50 being open-back:

And seems that angle on the pic may not be for wearing over-ear, one probably needs to swap channels for that, either from gear or re-solder jack end.

Can make a no mic version, when you make order, send a message for seller.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #28,928 of 35,472
Yes, lol, I just noticed it when scrolling down. Used to AE selection method. No-mic version should have same cable as with BK35/808, which is good to me.
And then... can we ask seller to swap channels to wear them over-ear? That would be nice option :wink:

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #28,929 of 35,472
  Yes, lol, I just noticed it when scrolling down. Used to AE selection method. No-mic version should have same cable as with BK35/808, which is good to me.
And then... can we ask seller to swap channels to wear them over-ear? That would be nice option :wink:

lol i think a swapped channels version would be a nightmare for producer and buyers alike, much confusion. I see that the mic version is only $1 extra. Most others charge more. Have added them to my wish list but am concerned that the nozzles are too short considering the extra large front of the housing.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #28,930 of 35,472
Originally Posted by crabdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol i think a swapped channels version would be a nightmare for producer and buyers alike, much confusion. 

Probably yes, but if asked nicely, who know, maybe they do it :wink:

...but am concerned that the nozzles are too short considering the extra large front of the housing.

Same here. similar to ANV and I can use ANV only with medium size tips (I usually only use smallest) and that could be problem for me.

Guess it`s going to be BK35 then for now... at same time, I`m really hoping 808 will improve with modding but that is subject for next week :wink:

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #28,932 of 35,472

Are they actually open back or is it just cosmetic like the TK13?

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #28,935 of 35,472
Hi guys. BK50 is available now on Ali by Easy store.
if you are not decided between 808 and bk35. worth a try this.
Improvements on Bass, soundstage is wide, and big, vocals is clear.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-HLSX-BK50-Wooden-Pink-Hybrid-Balance-Armature-With-Dynamic-IEM-HI-FI-In-Ear-Earphones/519064_32677432654.html

That was fast! Just ordered BK35 a few days ago. I probably should've waited. But it appears I might not regret buying it since I prefer smoother mids, which seems to be the case with BK35 according to its frequency graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back