Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #28,906 of 35,472
Are there any Chinese competitors for Comply tips? They're the only tips I've found that give me a consistently good seal on my Dunu 2000Js but I think they're pretty overpriced for what they are.

Yeah there actually is and they're pretty good I'll link you an example of them. Just a suggestion if you're going to order make sure you specify the nozzle wize 3mm or 5mm

4Pairs(8pcs) KZ Noise Isolating Memory Foam C sets 3mm 5mm
http://s.aliexpress.com/f6jEfAVf
(from AliExpress Android)

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #28,907 of 35,472
Finally put TK Maple aside to listen to MusicMaker TW1....
1st impression ; Great detail and separation, slightly muddy mids i think, and the bass although have presence, it punches and kicks with an umphh but does not punch deep, sub bass visible but likes to hide and barely able to notice them except hiphop and edm songs..
i hope TW1 improves after burn in.. i hoped these are V but OOTB they are not really.. highs are gorgeous, separations are great, vocals esp females with much energy and clarity.. but on lower department this doesnt satisfy me..
but built quality are excellent, small and very light and comfy in ear...
off to burn TW1...

but those with superb source might notice differently.. im using TW1 with just unamped Fiio M3.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #28,908 of 35,472
Finally put TK Maple aside to listen to MusicMaker TW1....
1st impression ; Great detail and separation, slightly muddy mids i think, and the bass although have presence, it punches and kicks with an umphh but does not punch deep, sub bass visible but likes to hide and barely able to notice them except hiphop and edm songs..
i hope TW1 improves after burn in.. i hoped these are V but OOTB they are not really.. highs are gorgeous, separations are great, vocals esp females with much energy and clarity.. but on lower department this doesnt satisfy me..
but built quality are excellent, small and very light and comfy in ear...
off to burn TW1...

but those with superb source might notice differently.. im using TW1 with just unamped Fiio M3.

Hope they get better for you with burn-in. I like some extra bass in my music so these ones are not for  me I think. Nice looking cable. Is it much different from the one on the maples?

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #28,909 of 35,472
Hope they get better for you with burn-in. I like some extra bass in my music so these ones are not for  me I think. Nice looking cable. Is it much different from the one on the maples?
these sounded more flat than V imo.. i think its because i started with maple, so im not able to appreciate it fairly.. maple just wowed me..

but built quality, TW1 is better than maple.. i can spot some quality issue with maole such as the wood are not firmly atrached to the metal back case, the wire hole are not properly finished, but to think that its diy most probably hand maid to a certain extend, all is justified.. for TW1, the cable aew indeed pretty.. combo with silver jack and splitter.. its beautiful and shiny! the shell is really small unlike TK12 haha..
maple cable are stiff, these are not. these are like TK12, Ting and Tomahawks cable.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #28,910 of 35,472
  The BK50 has completed production.
@posnera Soon, MAGAOSI BK50 for ± $45 on Ali and Amazon.

The cable looks exactly like the one on the Magaosi M1 which is good. 
Sanhoo sent me these: 

Hope it will be more comfort than 808,  not saying 808 doesn't fit my ear well but there's sharp corner on the metal shell. Wish there's other color options too. I'm more curious about the sound. 

Above is the retail version of Magaosi BK35. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #28,911 of 35,472

The HLSX-808 are growing on me!

I didn't like them much in my initial impressions, but burn in (not sure if it's my ears or the drivers) has made something great out of these. The treble is no longer piercing to my sensitive eardrums at any . The bass, which was originally a bit boomy, has now tamed to just being emphasized, but not interfering. Midrange hasn't changed much, it's a little cold, but accurate. Maybe I'm just noticing, but I think soundstage has improved.

I'll be reviewing the HLSX-808 as soon as school is over in a week! (KZ-HDS1 coming after)

Exactly the same experience over here. Boomy bass got reigned in and the slight harshness disappeared also. For the price it's an incredible experience. On the other hand the midrange is for my taste too thin (or cold as you say). I like a warmer sound signature than this one. So because of the low price on Easy I ordered yesterday the 1 more triple driver. Let's see if this one will suit my tastes more. I also think I'm done with buying iems under 50$.

Hope it wont be the case with me. Well... at same time I "hope so" ...so I could order BK35 wood or BK50 
biggrin.gif

Naah, my "illness" period is over - I know there will always be something better. I`ve been long time using my WOM-mod but with some more "analytic", complex and live music I still grab my FF-mod... I`m just interested to get something in between them and since I haven`t tried DD+BA yet, decided to give 808 an opportunity due to lot of praise it gets here.
Like I said, if 808 won`t satisfy me, then going for BK50 or BK35 (due to lower price) because I`m mids & soundstage junkie.

My 808 has about 37h "burn-in" and took a listen... seems I have same experience with them as above. They are  good... but... midrange is littlebit "cold" for me also, they aren`t recessed in midrange but just "lifeless". And bass is kind of "woolly", it isn`t loose or downright bad nor overly boosted but is missing some thumpy/slurry texture and details.
Those things come out very evident for example with Eidola - Degeneraterra - Contra: Second Temple song. I put on my WOM-mod and there it is - textured detailed thumpy/slurry bass. WOM-mod does have little more bass quantity but it`s not about quantity - 808 is just missing that little but needed part in bass.
Idk, I`m very skeptical about further burn-in improving 808 but will give them a chance. Slight harshness did go away and woollyness seemed to take a step back... but... If they don`t improve further, I will probably try to mod them better or just sell them.

Quote:
Asked Easy for a comparison between HLSX 808 and BK35. He told me BK35 is better because of the better mids and bigger soundstage. Well, gotta hear to believe it 

This ties in with what the BK35 designer was quoted as saying about them a few pages ago. He sees them as a step up over 808s for audio enthusiasts. Based on my experience with HLSX 808s (we will always have Rarotonga xo) Id imagine them to be excellent bang for buck and a warmer signature with wooden housing..

Got my 808`s (champagne-gold aluminium shells). OOTB impressions they didn`t get me as "wow!" but they are good. Hopefully they will littlebit tighten the bass and smooth out highs (like some say). Also they do not have same cable as KZ, they have thicker strands inside PVC and much better quality (no reason to change it).
But... I think I should have gone for BK35 instead. Actually 808 makes me really surprised how good my WOM-mod turned out. 
Now, will see about BK50 price tag and decide between BK35. Or... save up for TK13. Gotta take some time off now getting new IEM`s. 
Btw, got my Monk+ and Asura 2 also yesterday. OOTB Monk+ is very good and Asura 2 too. 

Now I have to decide what to do... BK50, Bk35 or wait and save for TK13. Actually one guy in my country should have them soon and maybe I can work out deal to get listen to TK13.
808 are good but not quite fitting for my preference. I prefer BK35 shape over BK50 but FR graph of BK50 looks better fit for my taste (exept slight tip around 6-7kHz while BK35 seems smoother in highs).

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #28,913 of 35,472
  Now I have to decide what to do... BK50, Bk35 or wait and save for TK13. Actually one guy in my country should have them soon and maybe I can work out deal to get listen to TK13.
808 are good but not quite fitting for my preference. I prefer BK35 shape over BK50 but FR graph of BK50 looks better fit for my taste (exept slight tip around 6-7kHz while BK35 seems smoother in highs).

I found the exact same thing. While the 808 are very good, they are a bit cold in the mids and lacking bass in certain tracks/genres (for my personal preference). I will probably try to sell mine and go for one of the other hybrids such as BK35/50, A2S, QingYin-20, Zhiyin Z2016.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #28,916 of 35,472
  Oh ho so 808 have same fate like Ivery IS-1.
mad.gif

I have been using 808 for the last week or so (have tried various tips and settled for stock medium bore red core tips which gave me slightly more controlled bass and somewhat smooth treble). While these have got very decent detail retrieval and clarity (using Fiio X1 or One Plus One), it just doesn't seems to have that wow factor (for my ears) to make it stand out of my short collection of IEMs. For the price that I had bought these for (my first hybrid IEMs), I am not regretting the buy, though.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #28,918 of 35,472

Oh ho so 808 have same fate like Ivery IS-1.
mad.gif

I have been using 808 for the last week or so (have tried various tips and settled for stock medium bore red core tips which gave me slightly more controlled bass and somewhat smooth treble). While these have got very decent detail retrieval and clarity (using Fiio X1 or One Plus One), it just doesn't seems to have that wow factor (for my ears) to make it stand out of my short collection of IEMs. For the price that I had bought these for (my first hybrid IEMs), I am not regretting the buy, though.

Same opinion so far with 808 but about tip-rolling - sounds strange but I got best result with JVC spiral dots. Have tried some of my fav tips including Huawei Honor tips I use with WOM-mod and H10 tips but not getting improvement over JVC tips. Funny is, the JVC tips should actually improve highs but in case of 808 I find them "smooth out" highs littlebit and maybe very tiny improvement in bass detail. But still about 25 different tips to try and hope to find something better. Will give feedback if I find something better.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #28,919 of 35,472
Coil maybe you should consider to give a chance to the Bosshifi B3.
You will get very good Bass out of them and better extended highs, in the midrange you will get better clarity too , I am considering the improved cable version 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #28,920 of 35,472
Sorry but no. I don`t need more bass in quantity nor more extended highs and midrange is already clear with 808 ...just earlier mentioned things need improvement. I will probably get BK35 or BK50 since my money needs to go more into something else this and next month, so, TK13 will have to wait some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back