Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #18,226 of 35,472
bUddy, l own the gr07be, ltd and kc07A.. let alone the ostry's, to me LTDs are on par with my 07BE's.. its on a different level compared to my ostry's..
wink.gif

Glad to hear that, looking forward to mine. I wonder if the rebranded ones and the CRK9LTD branded ones are the same though. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #18,229 of 35,472
  Looks like we all are awaiting for @lalala6 judgment on this matter. If they are worth the price and good sounding, then I am at least a bit satisfied. Still hoping that they sound the same as the originals though 
bigsmile_face.gif

That's fair. I will say for myself, I knew the risks of ordering from AE. If they came out sounding subpar, I'd have no one to blame but myself.

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #18,231 of 35,472
Sep 19, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #18,232 of 35,472
They were the cheapest though...

I've been practising for a wedding gig through a little mixer with my soundmagic pl50s. Swapped them out for the zircons and they made the pl50s sound positively anaemic. However, there's absolutely no clarity in the low end at all, just huge undefined bass.

I might order another pair in black, but I'm gonna give the white and gold ones to my mum or something, I'd feel like liberace if I wore them in public.

cool.gif
The Zircons are terribly tip-dependent. Try going to a Narrow Bore and see if that doesn't tighten things up a little. Experiment with a bunch of tips, they can tailor the sound.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #18,233 of 35,472

Try the new ROCK Mula, I hear good things about them and they look sexeh!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Rock-Mula-Stereo-Headphones-Headset-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbuds-For-IPhone-Samsung/32472788243.html

This one's a great seller. Here's the ROCK Zircon if you want them:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-Rock-Luxury-Zircon-Stereo-Headphones-Headset-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbuds-For-IPhone/32471175916.html

+1......Zircon's for bass lovers plus natural vocals and highs......and Mula's for hi-resolution lovers from every angle.

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #18,234 of 35,472
I have CKR9 as well. I can compare CKR9ltd to CKR9 when I get my aliexpress pair. Btw, they are shipped 3 days ago however tracking number still doesn't work.

If they sound better than CKR9 then they should be genuine. How long did yours take to arrive?

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #18,236 of 35,472
I have CKR9 as well. I can compare CKR9ltd to CKR9 when I get my aliexpress pair. Btw, they are shipped 3 days ago however tracking number still doesn't work.

If they sound better than CKR9 then they should be genuine. How long did yours take to arrive?

Don't worry too much about tracking via China Post. I bought the GR07BE on the 25/8 sale and after the tracking showing them go back and forward between Shenzhen and Guangzhou three times they were suddenly delivered to me just a day after the latest update ob the tracking :wink:

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #18,237 of 35,472
  On another note, this situation with LTD's exposes cost structure of the headphones. Taking in consideration few things, like:
Cost of processes set up
Volume of production
Rejects rate
Cost per batch (adjusted)
minus marketing, Know-how, logistics and other associated costs
One get production cost of below X (in our case 40 GBP). 
Knowing from experience with the DIY, Speakers have parts to commercial value ratio of around x5, amplifiers can go higher and be x10 and more, same with other digital. I wonder if a ratio of loudspeakers cost of parts to commercial would be about the same as headphones?

I built a pair of custom 2-way tower speakers with a total cost of $1,000 in retail parts and wood. Some speaker designer "borrowed" (basically stole and modified) the design and sells them for around $5,000 with lesser quality parts.

This is the basis of the thread in general. There is quality equipment being created in China and sold for a massive markup by companies domestically. With the advent of Aliexpress/Taobao, I'd rather buy from the manufacturer themselves than the middleman, unless added value is there.

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #18,238 of 35,472
  I built a pair of custom 2-way tower speakers with a total cost of $1,000 in retail parts and wood. Some speaker designer "borrowed" (basically stole and modified) the design and sells them for around $5,000 with lesser quality parts.

This is the basis of the thread in general. There is quality equipment being created in China and sold for a massive markup by companies domestically. With the advent of Aliexpress/Taobao, I'd rather buy from the manufacturer themselves than the middleman, unless added value is there.

Off Topic:

Hi bhazard, is it possible for you to start a new thread on this diy speakers?
Looks very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back