Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #17,192 of 35,472
Originally Posted by TwinACStacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Satan, (he-he). I recommend you try, NO BUY, the KZ ED10. It's $8.34 on Aliexpress. They Have a REAL Giant Killer in these Phones. I don't beleive the manufacturer even knew how good they actually are. Easily Best KZ I've heard, and I own MOST of them.

Yeah... but... for Your taste, Your gear, Your sound preference, Your music, Your hearing etc.
rolleyes.gif
Seen many called "giant killer" but in the end it depends on so many factors in chain.
Just saying.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #17,193 of 35,472

cool.gif
Satan, (he-he). I recommend you try, NO BUY, the KZ ED10. It's $8.34 on Aliexpress. They Have a REAL Giant Killer in these Phones. I don't beleive the manufacturer even knew how good they actually are. Easily Best KZ I've heard, and I own MOST of them.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I've already got them on their way, I ordered them about 2 weeks ago
devil_face.gif
Satan knows

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #17,196 of 35,472
I recently bought a Havi B3 Pro-1 and I'm not excited by its sound. It's clear for an IEM, but is relatively thin and seriously lacks bass without heavy EQ. In short, it isn't even remotely competitive with any of my non-IEM headphones, including even the least ambitious ones like the Sennheiser PX100. Is there any chance that any of the IEMs mentioned here would be better than the Havi, or should I just give up on the concept of IEM? I'm not going to buy anything more expensive than the Havi just to find out...

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #17,197 of 35,472
  I recently bough a Havi B3 Pro-1 and I'm not excited by its sound. It's clear for an IEM, but is relatively thin and seriously lacks bass without heavy EQ. In short, it isn't even remotely competitive with any of my non-IEM headphones, including even the least ambitious ones like the Sennheiser PX100. Is there any chance that any of the IEMs mentioned here would be better than the Havi, or should I just give up on the concept of IEM? I'm not going to buy anything more expensive than the Havi just to find out...

Sorry to hear than bud. What are your preferences in terms of sound signature? The Havi requires some serious juice to sound good, how are you driving them? Are you getting a good seal? They are not your average bass heavy iems I am afraid. They have a neutral presentation with class leading soundstage reproduction but they aren't really exciting to listen to out of the box. It kind of grows on you. Lots of people ended up loving them after tip rolling, try different tips such as tips with wider diameter? Or something that seals better?

whats your budget by the way? what kind of music do you listen to? All that can help people recommend you stuff. Not all iems sound the same so don't let this one experience ruin it for you :)  

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #17,199 of 35,472
  I recently bought a Havi B3 Pro-1 and I'm not excited by its sound. It's clear for an IEM, but is relatively thin and seriously lacks bass without heavy EQ. In short, it isn't even remotely competitive with any of my non-IEM headphones, including even the least ambitious ones like the Sennheiser PX100. Is there any chance that any of the IEMs mentioned here would be better than the Havi, or should I just give up on the concept of IEM? I'm not going to buy anything more expensive than the Havi just to find out...

Don't believe in hypes :)
If you want more bass and better clarity, you can buy Zero Audio Tenore or MEElectronics M-Duo.

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #17,201 of 35,472
An innovative hybrid iem: world's first 10mm dynamic driver + 8mm planar magnetic tweeter. 
From a Taiwan company (Obravo Audio), reviewed in Korean magazine. 
Look so attractive, guys !
http://www.mofi.co.kr/board/brd_mofi_view_n10.asp?table=brd_10251&pid=30672&f_lid=200675&lid=100&level=0&brdcat=050&ishtml=c&p_f_lid=200682&p_lid=100
Price maybe 1400$ in Korea....

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #17,202 of 35,472
Anyone's ever bought something from Penon?

How long does it take for them to ship the item usually?

Yes too much :wink:

They usually ships in a day or two in my experience.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #17,205 of 35,472
Thanks Peter!

And wow is that obravo thing really use planar? obravo does what vsonic can't? Edit: if I understand google translate correctly, it seem to be quite bright.

Hey no problem! Those Ovravo's looks really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back