Campfire - Solaris
Jul 3, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #5,671 of 12,035
I'm stoked on trying the Z1R...it's coming down to that or the Legend X when I eventually purchase a second IEM. I'm planning a trip to New York City this summer and I'm hoping to demo both at Audio 46 with my new Cayin N6ii that should be arriving in the mail within a week :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #5,672 of 12,035
I'm stoked on trying the Z1R...it's coming down to that or the Legend X when I eventually purchase a second IEM. I'm planning a trip to New York City this summer and I'm hoping to demo both at Audio 46 with my new Cayin N6ii that should be arriving in the mail within a week :)

Fun times! I don't expect you will want to keep both the Solaris and the Z1R. They are similar enough in what they're trying to do that I think you will prefer one over the other. It's not going to be a situation where they each have their niche. Then again, I have a habit of being wrong about these things. :)

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #5,673 of 12,035
the Solaris and the Z1R...are similar enough in what they're trying to do that I think you will prefer one over the other

That's what I've heard...which is why I've got my eye on the Legend X :) If I find the Solaris and Z1R too similar (which is what you and a few others I trust have said)...I'll be happy keeping the Solaris if for no other reason than I prefer its design and look.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,674 of 12,035
That's what I've heard...which is why I've got my eye on the Legend X :) If I find the Solaris and Z1R too similar (which is what you and a few others I trust have said)...I'll be happy keeping the Solaris if for no other reason than I prefer its design and look.

No idea about the Legend X, but you might find yourself in a bit of a pickle if the Z1R tickles your fancy more than the Solaris. An apple might not be better than an orange, but it can better than another apple. :)

And while the look is purely subjective, the design of the z1r is to me unquestionably better.

Anyway, time for me to crawl back to the z1r thread...

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #5,676 of 12,035
Well if you like robust sound with big bass then I can see why you would be disappointed with the Solaris. The rather small amout of bass put me off guard too considering it use of dynamic driver (I still really like it though), especially after the Equinox which for me has almost obnoxious amout of bass.

For an IEM with similar sound profile to Andromeda but with good dynamic bass I recommend you to try out the Acoustune 1670SS.

upload_2019-7-4_0-18-2.png

Aside from that Bass, Coherence, Big imaging, Forward Vocals albeit mild u (or sometimes mild v), extended, sparkly treble & the deal sealer, my comment above. For a very long time been missing since my Home hi-fi back @ home. It's a desktop sound (@ least) to go...

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #5,677 of 12,035

Aside from that Bass, Coherence, Big imaging, Forward Vocals albeit mild u (or sometimes mild v), extended, sparkly treble & the deal sealer, my comment above. For a very long time been missing since my Home hi-fi back @ home. It's a desktop sound (@ least) to go...
I like the Cable of 1670S.
Quite unique for single dynamic...
and IMO, similar like Vega...

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #5,678 of 12,035
I like the Cable of 1670S.
Quite unique for single dynamic...
and IMO, similar like Vega...

OOTB quick impression, from 27.06,
cable-roll.png

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #5,679 of 12,035

This design is so pretty.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #5,681 of 12,035
My Solaris replacements are, along with a great balanced 2.5 cable for my KANN! I picked up the Triton 8 Reference, 4 silver, 4 copper strands, and damn! Bass that’s deeper and tighter, more air between performers, extended smooth treble, and midrange tonality to die for! The Solaris continues to scale incredibly well, I love this earphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back