Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Feb 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #11,761 of 19,145
^^ Just gorgeous!! Jelly here. 
redface.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #11,762 of 19,145
I'm doin the dance of joy n' celebration!! Congratsez!! 

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #11,763 of 19,145
The Dark Tower of Power...

Take heed those who dare to enter the Tower... For there is dark power. A power that can en-dower to make some cower..! Even make some de-flower! That my dear friends, is the power. (of the Dark Tower) 

I'm off for a shower...

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #11,768 of 19,145
Not as vintage as a lot of your gear, but i picked up a Marantz SR-47 integrated amp and CD-52 SE for £40 for both. Need to clean them, the CD-52 needs a new CDM4 gear, but all works fine.

Will post other pics once cleaned

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #11,769 of 19,145
Brrrrrr.... BLUE LED, that is. I am the last person in this world complaining regarding looks - if it sounds good and looks like s..t, OK with me. EXCEPT for blue LEDs. Even on current equipment, whenever and wherever possible, I ALWAYS replace them with something not making my eyes sore. This goes so far that I refuse to audition a new component at dealer's if he does not cover that damn thing with CD or similar object...

Otherwise, yes, old plastic has to be treated extremely gently - one "look" too hard, and it breaks.

Well these lights go fantastic with this 2226B its like the style was made for LEDs.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #11,770 of 19,145
Good luck trying to change the 'Stereo' bulb. I tried on my 2220, most fiddly thing I've ever attempted (and failed). I've read that there are top brain surgeons that refuse to go near them!  
its easy on the 2226B, I just need to find the correct lamp. The only thing I can find is on eBay and its from Canada It includes a white LED for the dial pointer and red for the stereo indicator.

I'm not looking forward to eventually changing the lights on my 4270 especially since the whole front of it on the inside is bent and the meters etc are off kilter. It appears at some point in its life it fell and not only bending the chassis in the front but also knocking off those two bottom damn spacers that the face screws into. I was able to repair the top but now the face kinda is like ( bulging in the middle. Sadly I cannot repair the bottom as its bent there on both sides and there's no way to get into the back of it without taking everything inside apart. I sure learned my lesson after that one to look inside before I buy it!

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #11,772 of 19,145
  I promised some pcitures of the SX-1980 with my recent pick-up: a pair of McIntosh XR 1051s. Oh man, do they sound great!

That's an awesome looking set up. Congrats, those are some great speakers. I'm sure they probably sound even better than they look!!

My minty McIntosh MA230 has arrived, my office rig is now complete. s and S-1010s (from SkylabWoot woot! Numfar! Do the dance of joy & celebration!!

Wow what an amp!! That' s gorgeous. Just like the saying goes, one you go mac, you can't go back! lol. I'm glad to see macs getting more and more attention here. Now I'm just waiting on someone to score some mac integrateds. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #11,773 of 19,145
  Wow what an amp!! That' s gorgeous. Just like the saying goes, one you go mac, you can't go back! lol. I'm glad to see macs getting more and more attention here. Now I'm just waiting on someone to score some mac integrateds. 
biggrin.gif

I keep seeing a few silver faced units pop up on CL, but not in my local area. I need to find a home for a few other things first.

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #11,774 of 19,145
There are a few in the Bay Area: 
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/sss?zoomToPosting=&catAbb=sss&query=mcintosh+receiver&minAsk=&maxAsk=&sort=rel&srchType=T&excats=

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #11,775 of 19,145
Wow what an amp!! That' s gorgeous. Just like the saying goes, one you go mac, you can't go back! lol. I'm glad to see macs getting more and more attention here. Now I'm just waiting on someone to score some mac integrateds. :D

It is, the MA230 is an integrated amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back