BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,516 of 5,353
Maybe legendary quality control of BGVP?
Maybe.
Overall it is a very dull IEM. A V shaped iem with rolled off highs that have hardly any sparkle. You can imagine. I can't enjoy its sound signature at all , let alone the technical flaws.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #4,517 of 5,353
Maybe.
Overall it is a very dull IEM. A V shaped iem with rolled off highs that have hardly any sparkle. You can imagine. I can't enjoy its sound signature at all , let alone the technical flaws.
Yeah BGVP , for some "amazing" for others not so lucky many questions. Can't comment about sound of dms only that i wanted to order dms as kanas pro alternative but well.. knowing bgvp reputation didn't wanted to play roulette with them. What ever you will hear this reputation is bgvp fault. As an alternative for kanas ordered ikko oh10 and tfz no3. Happy with both. No quality problems. Good tuning. With bgvp you can win or loose. Perhaps your dms isn't faulty it's only tuning not your type and not so hi level as you have expected. After all its not their higher armatures.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #4,518 of 5,353
My expectations were not high, but I expected it to be in KPE's league. The tuning is weird. bloated bass, recessed mids, rolled off highs with a dry tone. I wish it had an organic tone or atleast sparkly highs. Anyway, I would certainly not recommend this IEM.

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #4,519 of 5,353
After reading over and over and over people having issue with BGVP it blows my mind people keep going back to the same ****ty company. I mean, the 6's have issues, 7's issues are worse... so why in the world would u give them your money? I get that they might sound great but, if they break or it's hit or miss if you even get a working pair then... it doesn't much matter how they sound. I was considering getting them 7's but... I am going to skip it after reading through all the people having issues in this thread.
Same as Shanling , send for repair , take them 45 days ,,,return with plenty oily finger prints all over the device + repairing in a level what does not make difference before & after . Contact them back with video + pictures ,,,,,,,,no answer .Shiny pictures , bad quality products . Care only to take your money ,,,,,after that , good luck

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #4,524 of 5,353
I think I got a bad pair.

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #4,525 of 5,353
After 10 hours of usage, the bass seems to have settled in with good impact, showing textures and is not as bloated as before . The detail and speed is still average.
Also, there is a rise in the upper mids and lower treble which makes the sound less dull. Mids still sound slightly raw.
Treble extension is appreciable, though it has the slight rough texture and is not smooth. The control is nice, but it is not very refined.
@HungryPanda - does the treble on your pair sound silky smooth?
EDIT - The sound has changed drastically. It sounds mellow and warm now. No more hard texture. The sound is euphonic. It can sound as pleasing as my HD 650s at times. The bass is still very slightly bloated and lacks some details, but it doesnt distract me anymore.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #4,527 of 5,353
The sound changed again after 40 hours. It sounds more balanced now. The bass no longer sounds bloated for most part and is more balanced.The midbass could use a little more control though. It does not sound very warm and boosted like it did before. It lies somewhere between warm and smooth bass and analytical bass. The upper mids and lower treble came out more leaving the lower mids slightly recessed. The upper treble is really good and shows no signs of harshness. Lower treble while giving more clarity is also slightly dry and splashy which I don't like. I really hope it changes I wish it was as refined as the upper treble. Does anyone have a similar experience with their DMSs? Will the splashiness go after more usage?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #4,529 of 5,353
@addicted2music its placebo I own the bgvp dmg I have same issue its the way they are tuned just saying
I don't think it's a placebo. There is a dynamic driver inside too. Burn in is real in this case. Anyway, I don't think it can't change much anyway. BA drivers dont need burn in, and the dynamic driver has already settled in. At some point, the sound was very mellow and bassy, but it's changed. The bass is balanced and controlled now which made the upper mids and the harsh lower treble come forward I guess. I am slightly fatigued by it. It's not really a smooth sound tbh. BGVP advertised it as a smooth and warm sound which it is not. Also, no reviewer mentioned the lower treble harshness.
Besides, I am disappointed with this particular forum. Nobody wants to help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back