BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 9, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #3,511 of 5,353
Mahalo for your suggestions! Did you find that one feels more comfortable than the other besides improvement with the sound?

Comfort was a big consideration for me. If they sounded great but didn't offer suitable comfort, off they went. I found both to be very comfortable for long listening sessions.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #3,512 of 5,353
Apr 10, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #3,513 of 5,353
Hi:

Mine arrived yesterday, and everything that is says is true:

-very good construcction, feel like a expensive iem
-sound amazing
-are sibilant, but I buy another copper cable and now it got better
-the stock cable maybe is not the best cable for them, buy another one
-very, very sensitive iems, you can ear the background noise in some daps
-you need better quality audio, it’s easy to identity a mp3. Flac or a DSD file.
-change tips

Well I very hapy with them, I can’t compare with another most expensive iems, but there are my experience.

greetings from Chile...:beyersmile:

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #3,514 of 5,353
Hi:

-sound amazing
-you need better quality audio, it’s easy to identity a mp3. Flac or a DSD file.
-change tips

Well I very hapy with them, I can’t compare with another most expensive iems, but there are my experience.

Have fun

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #3,515 of 5,353
Hi:

-sound amazing
-change tips

The mp3 v flac file comparison is spot on. I didn't think I'd notice that much difference, but I'm glad to be proved wrong. The details these pull out of the music is staggering for the price :-D

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #3,516 of 5,353
Yes, I have to agree with you guys mp3 sounds flat and lifeless(192) compared to flac or hi-res. But then again it is compressed to crap! However I found that the right tips and a different cable made a difference for me too. Player upgrade is next I suspect, my wallet hates me! Almost as much as my wife hates this hobby (I’ve given up, she never hears a difference).

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #3,517 of 5,353
Yes, I have to agree with you guys mp3 sounds flat and lifeless(192) compared to flac or hi-res. But then again it is compressed to ****! However I found that the right tips and a different cable made a difference for me too. Player upgrade is next I suspect, my wallet hates me! Almost as much as my wife hates this hobby (I’ve given up, she never hears a difference).

Yep, tips make the biggest single difference. I tip rolled a lot. Thought I'd settled on Symbio N's as the perfect tip, and they were, and still are, very good, but then I tried some ML spiral dots I'd had lying around, and these are better still. Will always try new things, but I'm struggling to see how any tip will sound better still..

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #3,518 of 5,353
Yep, tips make the biggest single difference. I tip rolled a lot. Thought I'd settled on Symbio N's as the perfect tip, and they were, and still are, very good, but then I tried some ML spiral dots I'd had lying around, and these are better still. Will always try new things, but I'm struggling to see how any tip will sound better still..

Interesting you went with the Symbio WN's as I tough the W's were suppose to be a better fit. I messaged their support and was suggest to get W's to fit the DM6.

With the Spiral Dots, I see that there are ML and ML- B. Would you happen to know the difference?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #3,519 of 5,353
I tried symbios, rha, spiral dot, spinfit, trinity, comply and found Final Audio E tips worked best for me

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #3,520 of 5,353
Interesting you went with the Symbio WN's as I tough the W's were suppose to be a better fit. I messaged their support and was suggest to get W's to fit the DM6.

With the Spiral Dots, I see that there are ML and ML- B. Would you happen to know the difference?

Not WN's, just N's. Don't think the guy even makes em anymore. They fit the DM6's perfectly. Bit of struggle getting em on my FH5's mind !!

The only ML's I've seen (in the uk at least) ARE designated ML-B. Mine are. Have you got pictures of the ML only designation? Maybe someone else can clear this up?...

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #3,522 of 5,353
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #3,524 of 5,353
Hifiheadphones.co.uk

The Final E types are one of the last 'top' tips ive yet to buy - Just bought some extra large from hifiheadphones - Very nice to see a LL size on offer!

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #3,525 of 5,353
I may be receiving a preview unit of the DM7. Pretty excited to hear what this one offers. I liked the DMG when it first came out as a fun IEM. I thought the DM6 was a bit sibilant for me, but an improvement upon the DMG -- but after the DMG came out, other IEMs popped up that I liked more priced between the DMG and DM6 putting both a little down the pecking order for me. So, DM7 -- hopefully BGVP stepped up their game.

Note: I didn’t get a chance to hear the DM6 until many months after it came out, hence my original comments about other IEMs coming to market and pushing it down my list.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back