BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #3,496 of 5,353
Just got mine delivered and I’m about an hour in and WOW, just WOW. These thing walk all over the B400!
At first I thought the treble was a little bit hot for me, but after a change of tip Final Audio E, and a silver/copper cable and all is good with the world! Passed my sibilants test - Minnie Ripperton - Loving You, with flying colours, Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls, Bass all present and correct. These things are sounding promising already :)
Early days though yet, let’s give them some time and we’ll see.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,497 of 5,353
Just got mine delivered and I’m about an hour in and WOW, just WOW. These thing walk all over the B400!
At first I thought the treble was a little bit hot for me, but after a change of tip Final Audio E, and a silver/copper cable and all is good with the world! Passed my sibilants test - Minnie Ripperton - Loving You, with flying colours, Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls, Bass all present and correct. These things are sounding promising already :)
Early days though yet, let’s give them some time and we’ll see.
Now i am just more excited did the cable change the sound ?

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #3,498 of 5,353
Damn im still waiting for my dm6

Not to worry as the DM6 is a fantastic steal at its price and worth the wait. Just persevere with it as it will get better with time. What source will you use with it ?

Also Know that DM7 is not a replacement but additional higher cost model so it’s not like your DM6 become suddenly outdated.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #3,499 of 5,353
Not to worry as the DM6 is a fantastic steal at its price and worth the wait. Just persevere with it as it will get better with time. What source will you use with it ?

Also Know that DM7 is not a replacement but additional higher cost model so it’s not like your DM6 become suddenly outdated.
I use the sxfi amp(akm 4377 dac) whit my samsung s8

Maybe i will upgrade the source but i have nothing in sight

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #3,500 of 5,353
It’s not cancelled yet. I have one more day. I should also have gone with the BGVP store. I avoided Audio & Video store due to its poor reliability. I’ve been in contact with DD Audio through Aliexpress. I even messaged them to say I would accept a differen colour, if they didn’t have the ones I ordered in stock. If they don’t ship in the next 24 hours, I think I will just let it lapse and get a refund. I have the KPE which I’m really enjoying at the moment, so I am not too stressed about it. It’s just annoying when you are not given any reason for the delay.

Hope you enjoy yours when they arrive.

I’m glad to say mine have finally been shipped!

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #3,501 of 5,353
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #3,502 of 5,353
Now i am just more excited did the cable change the sound ?
To my ears, the combination of the Final Audio E tips with the copper cable seems to work best. But as these are brand new iems straight out of the box, it may be just my brain getting used to them / new toy syndrome!?!? As I say though, they are very impressive already and better sounding than my B400. YMMV however as we all have different preferences in sound/music etc.....

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #3,503 of 5,353
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #3,504 of 5,353
I have this cable, just know that the material will stiffen up and the cable will discolor over time. Still a good cable, but doesn't seem to be holding up great in terms of aesthetic.
Hmmm thats a shame about what time of period are you talking ?

Maybe i can hold it longer pretty i am electrican working whit cables is my bread (Hope is the last to die) <---german saying

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #3,507 of 5,353
So what eartips did you guys settle on or find that works best for you? I read a few pages but got a bit too much to read (just being honest)...

If you are suffering sibilance type issues go for the widest bore silicons you can get hold of. Eg Philips Fidelio or NewBee tips. They take edge FF highs and even increse bass.

Otherwise Symbio Wide are fantastic and so are JVC Spinfits for even more controlled bass.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #3,509 of 5,353
.. but THESE from Amazon were a super close 2nd place.

Those are the NewBee i referred to earlier.
Very cheap on AE and come in a case that you can use to store you own favourite selection.
I found the silicon used is very soft and not outstanding in any way.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #3,510 of 5,353
If you are suffering sibilance type issues go for the widest bore silicons you can get hold of. Eg Philips Fidelio or NewBee tips. They take edge FF highs and even increse bass.

Otherwise Symbio Wide are fantastic and so are JVC Spinfits for even more controlled bass.

I ended up using THESE from Aliexpress, but THESE from Amazon were a super close 2nd place.

Mahalo for your suggestions! Did either of you find that one feels more comfortable than the other besides improvement with the sound?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back