BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 23, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,121 of 5,353
The Kanas Pro is made of metal, fits very well for me. 2 pin, who cares, the Lyre cable is very nice and I like it. Its harmon tuned to perfection imo. An AMAZING IEM. I own it and would buy it in a heartbeat again.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #3,122 of 5,353
.. But if you have access to decently mastered tracks, the patience to tip roll, and the time to physically or mentally burn these in, you may find yourself like many on this thread, ultimately very happy.

At the beginning I was suffering from peaky highs and grainy sound particularly with low quality tracks inc. spotify.

With time I’m finding that even not so great recordings also sound fine now that the highs have settled.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #3,123 of 5,353
At the beginning I was suffering from peaky highs and grainy sound particularly with low quality tracks inc. spotify.

With time I’m finding that even not so great recordings also sound fine now that the highs have settled.
No doubt! But where track mastering is concerned I think of a great IEM/headphone as helping us hear the truth of the recording... if the mastering engineer used poor equipment, skill, or hearing, a great IEM/headphone will put it on display for all to hear. Doubly true if an IEM/headphone has a signature that highlights a troublesome area... for example a “bright” headphone might otherwise be a fine experience except where a recording has exaggerated “S” sounds to start with that a more relaxed or darker unit might not emphasize.

Bottom line, in my own opinion, is that sometimes really good hardware will make poor or mediocre music hard to listen to...

I think the DM6 are great IEMs, and that they show me the truth in the recording. So bad recordings sound awful.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #3,124 of 5,353
I'm noticing the same thing @archy121. Exactly this.

Here is some soundstage for anyone that wants to hear it. LOL wowzers. I'm thinking the sound is maybe 5 feet outside my head to each side. Yeah 5 feet.

When it goes behind your head, jesus, that almost makes me dizzy.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #3,125 of 5,353
I'm noticing the same thing @archy121. Exactly this.

Here is some soundstage for anyone that wants to hear it. LOL wowzers. I'm thinking the sound is maybe 5 feet outside my head to each side. Yeah 5 feet.

Someone else posted a link to “Bohemian Rhapsody 3D”... check it out as well :)

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #3,130 of 5,353
Ok need to sleep over that i night the kanas dont really appeal to me dont like the shape and the 2 pin conector mybe need to show some reviews of it

best way i can describe kanas pro vs dm6 is kp like a calibrated screen . all the colors are natural and life like .dm6 is calibrated to natural then increased contrast and up the brightness a bit. both are great iems.

i do prefer dm6 fit better .it feels more like a ciem on me

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,131 of 5,353
This worries me as most of my music is streamed. That it's gonna sound like garbage. I don't want to have to have a separate SD card just full of flac files to play through my Note 8and the Fiio MK2 Q1.
You can stream high quality files in terms of sampling and bit rates (Tidal, Qobuz for example), so you don’t need to download and keep handy your music. Some folks are getting confused about the difference between compression and mastering.

Keep in mind that poorly mastered DSD512 files are just as likely to sound like excrement as any other poorly mastered tracks, regardless of sampling and bit depth. Obviously if you stream highly compressed MP3 files, well, you probably don’t need IEMs like these anyway... :)

In no way shape or form am I an expert, and definitely certain I got details in what I wrote wrong, but the message should hold - you can get good quality streaming, mastering is independent of compression, poorly mastered or poorly compressed music will sound bad and particularly on very good hardware...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #3,132 of 5,353
F
Ok need to sleep over that i night the kanas dont really appeal to me dont like the shape and the 2 pin conector mybe need to show some reviews of it

The DM6 is extremely revealing to flaws, but ergonomically fits in almost any ear perfectly for hours.

KPE is more forgiving, but is a metal elephant supported by a 4" pencil, whose protruding weight causes it to lose its seal.

Ikko OH1 is not on the same high "tier" as the above, but marries them: incredible fit, metal, decent bass, fun signature, forgiving.

Mar 23, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #3,133 of 5,353
Did Somone compare the dm6 whit the new sennheiser ie 40 pro but i think there is a big tier difference too

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #3,134 of 5,353
F

The DM6 is extremely revealing to flaws, but ergonomically fits in almost any ear perfectly for hours.

KPE is more forgiving, but is a metal elephant supported by a 4" pencil, whose protruding weight causes it to lose its seal.

Ikko OH1 is not on the same high "tier" as the above, but marries them: incredible fit, metal, decent bass, fun signature, forgiving.
As to the stem on the KPE - yes, it is way too long (wish they could give half of it to the Tanchjim Oxygen), and have a heavy IEM on the other side, so a real problem to stay in ears. But there is a reasonable solution - push the tip down the stem as far as it will go without covering the vent hole. This allows the IEM to sit close to the ear. Thus allows for a more stable fit.

Mar 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,135 of 5,353
Received my LZ A4 occ copper cable today, and it's really good. Looks nice, a real deep, almost bronze colour. Soft cable, good terminations and connections, a chin slider that actually works, with great tension. It doesn't have ear hooks or wire of any kind either, which i personally much prefer.
It came swiftly and well packaged from Penon Audio, supplied with a nice, sturdy tin.
I decided to give it a go, because, here in the UK at least, it worked out at £43, against the £56 the much vaunted NiceHCK cable would of cost. I don't own that cable, but I can say this one is fantastic.
20190323_170546.jpg
20190323_170836.jpg
20190323_170758.jpg
20190323_130838.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back