BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #3,091 of 5,353
Say what?! dark and dull with recessed mids?! That is exactly the opposite I would call the DM6. Something is wrong entirely.
Thats a case for mythbusters

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #3,092 of 5,353
What now some say its dark and dull others say its bright whit too much treble some say its for fun others its detail and cold

I know, I've seen the same thing you have about the DM6. Wildly varying descriptions about this IEM. I have a set of these IEMS and I can only go by what I've experienced personally.

From my listening, it is definitely not a bright or forward sound. The mids are recessed but accurate, I find the bass quantity to be adequate but texture and quality could be better, treble is also good quality but lacks the airyness and sparkle I expected from a $200 BA iem.

Please don't misunderstand my criticism of the dm6 as disliking it, I still love this iem.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #3,093 of 5,353
Is the sound signature depends on the cable? I think i read somewhere that dm6 is very sensitive to cable and source

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,094 of 5,353
Say what?! dark and dull with recessed mids?! That is exactly the opposite I would call the DM6. Something is wrong entirely.

On my pair the mids are higher than say the KPE, flat as a board. Treble is airy and detailed. Sub bass is just right and mid bass has some punch.

If you have been reading here and other forums, you will see that the dm6 has gotten wildly varying opinions on its sound signature. Except most people seem to agree the mids are quite recessed.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #3,095 of 5,353
If you have been reading here and other forums, you will see that the dm6 has gotten wildly varying opinions on its sound signature.
But nothing varyis like this one it can went to all 4 cornes of a boxshape

Damn i just looking for a good pair of iems since months

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #3,096 of 5,353
But nothing varyis like this one it can went to all 4 cornes of a boxshape

Damn i just looking for a good pair of iems since months

Haha, absolutely. When I first started seeing users describe the sound as bright, forward, and almost harsh on treble, I was surprised. I've just come to accept that the dm6 is a different beast, and each pair is unique in some sort of way.

What is your budget in USD, and what sort of sound signature do you generally prefer?

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #3,097 of 5,353
I suppose its a matter of perspective but I have V shaped IEMs that clearly have the mids recessed. The DM6 is opposite for me. Mids are right at the same level as midbass and treble.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #3,098 of 5,353
200usd + - i like clarity and a balancend neutral sound signature i like soundstage when i listen to music i concentrat on details i like the shape of the dm6 i want the best bang for my buck i want to buy 1 iem and use it till it dies

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #3,099 of 5,353
I suppose its a matter of perspective but I have V shaped IEMs that clearly have the mids recessed. The DM6 is opposite for me. Mids are right at the same level as midbass and treble.
can i ask about your source, cable and eartip you're using rightnow

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #3,100 of 5,353
That is it’s sound signature, dark and sort of dull, very recessed mids, and is not a forward sounding iem. Generally speaking, it is not the most “fun” iem to listen to. That being said, it’s resolution and detail retrieval is pretty insane.
Dark & dull? Sounds like Opposite Day to me :)

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #3,101 of 5,353
Sure thing. I am using a Sabre quad dac (LG G7 in line out/aux mode which is full 2w power). Using the stock cable ( though I hate its microphonics). And small foam tips shoved as far into the bore as possible.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #3,102 of 5,353
Dark & dull? Sounds like Opposite Day to me :)

Haha I feel the same way when people say it's "bright and forward"

Don't worry just because some people say it's dark or dull doesn't mean it's bad. If you enjoy it then good for you.

I remember a thread on reddit where people were jumping on this guy for liking the sound of the Apple earpods, and thought it was better than KZ iems.... I told him, if that's what his ears like, then just enjoy them.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #3,103 of 5,353
Haha, absolutely. When I first started seeing users describe the sound as bright, forward, and almost harsh on treble, I was surprised. I've just come to accept that the dm6 is a different beast, and each pair is unique in some sort of way.

What is your budget in USD, and what sort of sound signature do you generally prefer?

200usd + - i like clarity and a balancend neutral sound signature i like soundstage when i listen to music i concentrat on details i like the shape of the dm6 i want the best bang for my buck i want to buy 1 iem and use it till it dies

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #3,104 of 5,353
Haha I feel the same way when people say it's "bright and forward"

Don't worry just because some people say it's dark or dull doesn't mean it's bad. If you enjoy it then good for you.

I remember a thread on reddit where people were jumping on this guy for liking the sound of the Apple earpods, and thought it was better than KZ iems.... I told him, if that's what his ears like, then just enjoy them.
yeah on my first listening, i thought the same, i was always think dm6 a bright and sibilance iem according to reviewers

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #3,105 of 5,353

The shape, ergonomics and comfort of the dm6 is great, it also has superb detail retrieval, I'm not quite sure I would recommend them to you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back