BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #3,106 of 5,353
The shape, ergonomics and comfort of the dm6 is great, it also has superb detail retrieval, I'm not quite sure I would recommend them to you though.

What are there for options

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,107 of 5,353
yeah on my first listening, i thought the same, i was always think dm6 a bright and sibilance iem according to reviewers

Don't get me wrong, I still think the dm6 is excellent, but because of its sound signature it cannot be my personal daily driver.

It's also no secret that the dm6 has a cult like following, mostly because of the hype from HBB. But even he isn't recommending to his viewers anymore.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #3,108 of 5,353
Anyone find dm6 a little bit dark? Sometimes i felt the sound is a little bit dull.

Quite the opposite!

That is it’s sound signature, dark and sort of dull, very recessed mids, and is not a forward sounding iem. Generally speaking, it is not the most “fun” iem to listen to. That being said, it’s resolution and detail retrieval is pretty insane.
What? Not dark, not dull, nor recessed mids on mine.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #3,111 of 5,353
If you give me time, I can think of more options, but the first few that come to mind are Tin T3, Ikko OH1, TenHz P4 Pro, Fiio FA1 etc. Be warned none of those are "bass head" iems.

I would even recommend the BGVP DMGs.
Ok im not a basshead i like treble more. Maybe i wait my sennheiser momentum iem still work

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,112 of 5,353
Ok im not a bassheas i like treble more
The recessed mid on dm6 kinda turn me off sometimes. Btw, anyone have experiences some kind of distortion in certain frequencies/tracks? When i listening to vocal there are times i heard distortion like a poor vuvuzela horn...

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #3,113 of 5,353
Ok im not a basshead i like treble more. Maybe i wait my sennheiser momentum iem still work

We might have similar taste. If you're interested in budget headphones check out the Grado SR80. Also if you want to buy just one IEM, I would recommend staying away from these forums! It becomes an addiction to want to try them all, lol.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #3,115 of 5,353
If I had to recommend ONE IEM it might be the Kanas Pro Edition. I personally love the DM6 too. I think BGGAR's rec's are on point. The KPE has a more mainstream tuning while the DM6 is a detail monster with amazing bass for a BA set.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #3,116 of 5,353
We might have similar taste. If you're interested in budget headphones check out the Grado SR80. Also if you want to buy just one IEM, I would recommend staying away from these forums! It becomes an addiction to want to try them all, lol.
They are on ear ?
For on ear at home i use my dt770 250 ohm whit sxfi amp

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #3,118 of 5,353
If I had to recommend ONE IEM it might be the Kanas Pro Edition. I personally love the DM6 too. I think BGGAR's rec's are on point. The KPE has a more mainstream tuning while the DM6 is a detail monster with amazing bass for a BA set.
Yeah kanas pro is a lot easier to reccomend as it's tuning is more easier on ears and long listening. With dm6 one song can sound amazing other not so and the nature of revealing details and high resolution not for all ears and songs and sources quality. So we all know these differences who has both of them but when trying to understand from other words and to choose. It's really difficult. So safer choice as once bad boy said is kanas pro. I agree with him. These are main iems now personaly for me, dm6 is only for critical listening for some genres. Kanas are more universal. I see only few iems i would like to try now: its ikko oh1 and some from fearless. But having dm6 and kanas makes my need not so big after all. :)

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #3,119 of 5,353
Yeah the DM6 requires the highest quality recording for sure. Because of its detail retrival I can pick out badly encoded MP3s almost instantly. I hear a crumbly nature in the high end. Never had that experience with any other IEM and the KPE is more forgiving for sure.

It might be worth a try using some ultra high quality DSDs or SACD.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #3,120 of 5,353
Ok need to sleep over that i night the kanas dont really appeal to me dont like the shape and the 2 pin conector mybe need to show some reviews of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back