BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 24, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,151 of 5,353
Got same feeling but with my left ear. I'm could stay with cheap stuff an be happy now after upgraging I found out that my left ear is faulty :/
Have you tried adjusting the channel balance to compensate? I have the same issue with my right ear and it is how I deal with it.

Mar 24, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #3,152 of 5,353
This is something I said in another thread about some over ear headphones but I thought it worked just as well here. I changed a few things up so it applies to the DM6:

Have had my DM6 for a little over a week now. When first opened to see if I received the correct shell, I did listen to them for a short period. Right away noticed something was very wrong with the left earpiece’s sound. The guitar was tinny and the drums like being under water. Initially thought it could be a BA, but decided to put them in play for a while. After about 120hrs, and regularity listening throughout the past days, now they sound quite incredible. Best IEM I have so far.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #3,153 of 5,353
I did spend about an hour with warm water, hydrogen peroxide and a q tip and let the peroxide side right against my ear drum for 10 mins and flushed with warm water, repeat 4x times. It made another little bit of difference I think. So yes, after changing my DAC L/R balance to -2.6db on the other side (to balance) I am back to enjoying the DM6 a lot.

A this point I have about 600 hours on my DM6. Had em since December of last year. The soundstage has opened up and the treble has settled actually a lot. More than I expected. Mids are fat and sassy. Low bass is nice, and sub bass is still right where it needs to be. I'm loving the hell out of these IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #3,155 of 5,353
Canceled my Massdrop DM6's. Gonna wait for my Fiio MK2 Q1 and Tin T3's to come in on Tuesday. Burn them in, and see what I think my ears prefer. Was tired of trying to decide between them and Feerless models.
Have the T3, bought on a lark. Fun IEMs, but they are not even in the same state that the ballpark is in where the DM6s play...

Mar 25, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #3,157 of 5,353
Canceled my Massdrop DM6's. Gonna wait for my Fiio MK2 Q1 and Tin T3's to come in on Tuesday. Burn them in, and see what I think my ears prefer. Was tired of trying to decide between them and Feerless models.
38ED0F14-5A3B-465B-B1B1-22E1F4511B38.gif

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #3,158 of 5,353

Have the T3, bought on a lark. Fun IEMs, but they are not even in the same state that the ballpark is in where the DM6s play...

once you play in the Kanas or DM6 level of IEMs, it's hard (at least for me) to go back and listen/buy something in the price tier under them like the T3.

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #3,159 of 5,353
got my es100 today, sounds amazing with the dm6 over balanced 2.5. APP is a little finicky
Yeah dm6 with es100 nice combo. Using it very often. Es100 is with softer treble with balanced tuning. Dm6 is revealing and with harsher nature so final sound is really good balance between analytical and musical. Also app equalizer is nice as usually i don't use it but there it is good implemented. Possibly there will be parametric version in the future Anway es100 for the price is the best way to make dm6 or other iem wireless and with best quality.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #3,162 of 5,353
Yeah dm6 with es100 nice combo. Using it very often. Es100 is with softer treble with balanced tuning. Dm6 is revealing and with harsher nature so final sound is really good balance between analytical and musical. Also app equalizer is nice as usually i don't use it but there it is good implemented. Possibly there will be parametric version in the future Anway es100 for the price is the best way to make dm6 or other iem wireless and with best quality.

Hi! Wanted to ask have u tried the ES100 with videos? Does it have sound lag or delay when watching?

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #3,163 of 5,353
@Redcarmoose would like to hear your thoughts about the Kanas pro, please grab a pair if you get a chance. If you enjoyed the DM6 I'm sure you will love it

Lol!
I’m actually at a remote location now with no way to get stuff. I do have something new arriving at the end of May, but that’s it. Go back in Head-Fi and take note of those few folks who quit buying stuff in 2010. That’s where I will be in 9 more years. I’m not searching any longer, just getting into music. Basicly I don’t have any more wants or needs at the moment. I’ve been into audio since the early 1970s.

C48CD1BB-192C-42C8-B3EA-1DAA5926DDA2.jpeg

If I was pursuing a YouTube channel or doing reviews, I would get into the process; but I’m not. I could maybe sell gear, but? I like the stuff I have.
But, as we all know I could be found getting the Kanas Pros this Monday?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back