BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #1,201 of 5,353
I don't remember if I used mediums or larges from the original run of Shure olive tips, but definitely the small symbios are too small and the large are too big for me. The mediums isolate perfectly and never lose the seal, I just get some general war pain after a while. I think something of a similar size (maybe a little smaller, or at least more pliable?) that just was a little longer-nuzzled would be perfect for me. I dunno, my ear shape might just be weird, and it's only one of the ears that bothers me a bit. I ordered the kz stars; will update when I eventually get them!

The good thing is that in spite of fairly long shipping times to the US, both the tips and the BGVP OCC cable have already shipped!

General recommendation is to try taking the foam out of the symbios to see if that helps.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,202 of 5,353
General recommendation is to try taking the foam out of the symbios to see if that helps.

Hm. Maybe I'll order another set, because I don't want to mess up the only pair that works at all for me. But also, I do generally like having a volume of foam there rather than just a surface for isolation.

(Just ordered 3 more pairs of mediums because they're a good price for such nice tips, so I'll report back on this too...)

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1,203 of 5,353
Hm. Maybe I'll order another set, because I don't want to mess up the only pair that works at all for me. But also, I do generally like having a volume of foam there rather than just a surface for isolation.

(Just ordered 3 more pairs of mediums because they're a good price for such nice tips, so I'll report back on this too...)
For DM6, I can do defoamed large symbios (best comfort) or regular symbios in medium (best isolation). I would recommend not to buy any small symbios they might be too small. I typically wear medium comply or medium silicon tips.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #1,204 of 5,353
For DM6, I can do defoamed large symbios (best comfort) or regular symbios in medium (best isolation). I would recommend not to buy any small symbios they might be too small. I typically wear medium comply or medium silicon tips.
Just tried defoamed large--because I definitely wasn't gonna use those anyway--and they don't seal at aaallllll for me. I'm guessing it's a shape thing, which is probably why I liked the olives back in the day (are those just a particular type of Comply tips?). I'm guessing that with deeper insertion, I could get away with silicone or something more rigidly shaped, but the part of my ear that the DM6 nozzles fit in doesn't really work with em.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #1,205 of 5,353
What Color did your order?
I order CLEAR from a/v on 11/23. After the initial fake tracking number fiasco, he said end of December. Then that got pushed again to Jan-8th.
I pinged him again and asked if he had other colors, since someone here mentioned they had received a new batch. They had 3 colors other than CLEAR -
Obsidian Black, Ivory & Marine Blue. I asked mine to be changed to Ivory and they've shipped it today. Hopefully it's not another fake tracking number, fingers crossed.
You can try your luck with the other two colors.

I did the same and he said "Sorry for the delay, or would you mind changing the color to Obsidian Black, Ivory, Sapphire blue or Marine Blue? we have them available now, if yes, we will be able to send it out immediately." I chose ivory since that was a sleek color. Will update to see if he ships.btw I ordered ivory originally then changed to dark purple. Now I just want the damn thing color doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #1,207 of 5,353
Just tried defoamed large--because I definitely wasn't gonna use those anyway--and they don't seal at aaallllll for me. I'm guessing it's a shape thing, which is probably why I liked the olives back in the day (are those just a particular type of Comply tips?). I'm guessing that with deeper insertion, I could get away with silicone or something more rigidly shaped, but the part of my ear that the DM6 nozzles fit in doesn't really work with em.

Here is a little DIY I do when I like a particular ear tip but need just a bit deeper insertion.

I take a tip I don't need (in this case a Trinity Kombi tip with the foam pulled out) and slice a small ring off the barrel:
1.jpg

Then I slide the ring I cut off the barrel onto the IEM:
2.jpg

Then I just slide my tip on and presto:
4.jpg

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #1,208 of 5,353
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,210 of 5,353
The good thing is that in spite of fairly long shipping times to the US, both the tips and the BGVP OCC cable have already shipped!
Have you ordered the 2.5 balanced version or regular single ended 3.5 of this Bgvp cooper cable? As i thinking also to order this cooper cable for bgvp. And sadly they dont have universal solution for exaple 2.5 balanced to 3.5. As for example new ibasso 01s is shipping with such universal cable.

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,211 of 5,353
I asked them again yesterday. Ordered clear on november 8 from A/V Store. They said finally send it on january 1, hopefully its true this time. If someone still waiting hang on.

So you have waited from november 8 till january 1? Good patience :wink: Happy to hear it's already shipped. Do they gave you new tracking number? Or used original. As in my case first shipping was "lost" and tracking was canceled.

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #1,213 of 5,353
Have you ordered the 2.5 balanced version or regular single ended 3.5 of this Bgvp cooper cable? As i thinking also to order this cooper cable for bgvp. And sadly they dont have universal solution for exaple 2.5 balanced to 3.5. As for example new ibasso 01s is shipping with such universal cable.
3.5 for me; I don't have a fancy setup!

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #1,215 of 5,353
CC4805CA-750F-4999-B255-5F09823DE994.jpeg

Sony WM-1Z
BGVP DM6 (solid-black) IEM (Sony MUC-M12NB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX)(Sony Hybrid Tips)

"Falling in love with this combo?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back