BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 4, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,186 of 5,353
Not really. February is the Chinese new year holiday, so count it out for production (unless they wanna exploit their workers, which wouldn't sit right with me), because everybody will be celebrating and basically be drunk for a month. MD has 303 orders. They are not gonna make it for March with their current production capabilities.

uh oh, maybe last week of March?

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #1,187 of 5,353
Jan 4, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #1,188 of 5,353
Might be worth going a size up with the symbios. I’m usually a M when it comes to tips, but with the symbios I had to go with L as the M was too small. Even when I really pushed in the M, I still wasn’t kquite able to get a secure fit. Obviously everyone’s ears are different, but this worked for me.

strange...i (and my friends ) always find that the
symbios would feel slightly bigger than it's counterparts on the same size..unless you take out the foams, then it would be just like other tips

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,189 of 5,353
strange...i (and my friends ) always find that the
symbios would feel slightly bigger than it's counterparts on the same size..unless you take out the foams, then it would be just like other tips

strange indeed. That said the symbio fit took me completely by surprise as L had always been too big for me in any tips (foam or silicone) that I'd tried in the past.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,194 of 5,353
Just stumbled on this new DM6 review from a few hours ago.

Not sure if the guy is a member on the forum, and if he is, I apologize for posting his video, because he might have wanted to do it himself, but still... Nice to see more reviews coming.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,195 of 5,353
Thanks! Whats the best symbio tips to get btw?
I think wide bore. Size of course personal preferance. First time i have ordered small medium, large set to check what fits the best. Also i have ordered cheaper without inside material. Peel version. Because as someone sugested there, it is good balance not sacrificing nor bass nor treble. And still good isolation. But forhaps other have used the version with inside foam usual. I think it should be better isolation. Sacrificing some balance in the frequencies as it should be more base.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,196 of 5,353
I think wide bore. Size of course personal preferance. First time i have ordered small medium, large set to check what fits the best. Also i have ordered cheaper without inside material. Peel version. Because as someone sugested there, it is good balance not sacrificing nor bass nor treble. And still good isolation. But forhaps other have used the version with inside foam usual. I think it should be better isolation. Sacrificing some balance in the frequencies as it should be more base.

Nice! Thanks for the suggestions!

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #1,197 of 5,353
Might be worth going a size up with the symbios. I’m usually a M when it comes to tips, but with the symbios I had to go with L as the M was too small. Even when I really pushed in the M, I still wasn’t kquite able to get a secure fit. Obviously everyone’s ears are different, but this worked for me.

I don't remember if I used mediums or larges from the original run of Shure olive tips, but definitely the small symbios are too small and the large are too big for me. The mediums isolate perfectly and never lose the seal, I just get some general war pain after a while. I think something of a similar size (maybe a little smaller, or at least more pliable?) that just was a little longer-nuzzled would be perfect for me. I dunno, my ear shape might just be weird, and it's only one of the ears that bothers me a bit. I ordered the kz stars; will update when I eventually get them!

The good thing is that in spite of fairly long shipping times to the US, both the tips and the BGVP OCC cable have already shipped!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #1,200 of 5,353
value for money? DM6
and you're asking an ety fan here :dt880smile:
but if money is not a variable, I'd pick the ER]

Thank you!! I guess I'll go with DM6 for now. Let me check with DD audio and Penon when can I expect to order one and see it in hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back