BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #1,231 of 5,353
Seems to be plenty of confusion and disrepute of the supplied standard BGVP cable.

The standard BGVP cables supplied in various colours are Silver plated Copper (SPC). They are not necessarily cheap or inferior build in any way to the OCC copper. SPC cable is considered to benefit both the high and low frequency.

The slight sound signature you can get from using SPC vs OCC is a matter of taste and nothing to do with superiority. OCC is considered to benefit the lower frequency.

So depending on your taste you may end up preferring the copper for the slightly more warmer sound or the SPC for more clearer highs and lows. Don’t expect some day and night difference.

Your preference can result from the combination of your DAP and the IEMs being used.

Afaik, the first batches of DM6 could be ordered with either SPC (silver from the outside) or mixed SPC with copper (either in transparent/grey sleeve). For some reason I have seen mostly grey cables, probably because people ordered it with the mixed version.
I went with SPC cable and ordered aftermarket pure copper one, so I could feel the differences better. As many have said already, I also think DM6 sound better with copper cable :)
It was great move from BGVP that they started to offer copper cable recently.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,232 of 5,353
My clear they said will change to marine blue. As saphire blue is darker not so transparent so prefered these. We will see. Also hope for waiting will be an end. Ofcourse still 3 weeks to come from china
I did think about marine, but I've had clear customs before and over time ear wax won't give them a pretty look, least with marine it'll hide their age a bit better.
Anyway fingers crossed.

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #1,233 of 5,353

Sony WM-1Z
BGVP DM6 (solid-black) IEM (Sony MUC-M12NB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX)(Sony Hybrid Tips)

"Falling in love with this combo?"
That is gorgeous!!

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,234 of 5,353

Nope, a little less. Silver coated OFC for $166. It’s nice, though I’m still going to be trying other cables. Not sure what my Mee Adapter set cable is made with, but the Sony has better bass; I guess OFC silver coated gets the bass?

Well I paid $150 for my DM6 along with many other 11/11 buyers :yum:

As I mentioned earlier .. Some could argue that OFC is inferior to SPC/OCC but again it’s synergy of your setup that will give best results to your ears.
People are getting too hung up on needing to upgrade original cable before even hearing it.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,235 of 5,353
That is gorgeous!!

Thank-you. I have to say, anyone first getting their DM6 IEMs; it’s a journey. The sound changes a little then seems to get somehow better. Started listening to them November 11th, now they seem even better?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,236 of 5,353
Well I paid $150 for my DM6 along with many other 11/11 buyers :yum:

Some could argue that OFC is inferior to SPC/OCC but again it’s synergy of your setup that will give best results to your ears.

It’s so much of a personal thing and there is no right or wrong with cable choices. People argue about the importance, but it’s simply trying to find a sound. Maybe the closer we get to our equipment, the bigger the difference starts to seem?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MUC-M12SB1-SONY-Headphone-cable/dp/B01M3TK66F

Next!

Jan 5, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,237 of 5,353
Does anyone have a small gap between the mmcx connection? Should it be like that or is there anyway to fix it. Sometimes the connection wobbles.
sketch-1546697988007.png

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,240 of 5,353
Really? Would that damage the mmcx port?. Thanks I will try it out.

You push and then hear a click or feel the similar feeling of a click even if you didn’t hear the actual click. Meaning at times there is a click and at times not so much, but they seem to go further in than you show in the photo. You want to keep them flush with your fingers at like 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock and push evenly till they click, or abruptly move in.

At least this is my experience. You don’t want them to join while at an angle.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,242 of 5,353
Thank-you. I have to say, anyone first getting their DM6 IEMs; it’s a journey. The sound changes a little then seems to get somehow better. Started listening to them November 11th, now they seem even better?
Mine are a tad on the bright side but very detailed and good, I'm trying to determine if the gray cable I got are pure silver plated or Cooper/Silver plated. The guy at Linsoul has not responded me yet on this question.
Tony

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,243 of 5,353
Mine are a tad on the bright side but very detailed and good, I'm trying to determine if the gray cable I got are pure silver plated or Cooper/Silver plated. The guy at Linsoul has not responded me yet on this question.
Tony

Yes, well it’s always, on the bright side, compared to what? Is your cable the all white or gray and white? Most came with the gray and white mixed Teflon covered cables. Though I have to say, going balanced was truly what woke them up. They seemed to change too after 40 hours of burn in. Also I use Sony hybrid tips. With the hybrid tips and balanced cables they are middle-of-the-road not bright or dull sounding. They are not the most detailed to me but seem very transparent somehow showing exactly what’s in the recording. I know the prior statement seems contradictory but that’s what they are like to me. If I try and use the wide bore tips they become on the bright side, almost as if I don’t have a good air-tight fit. But in reality for me they are the farthest from bright.

There is also a pure copper colored cable, different from the white Teflon or grey and white Teflon which has a clear cover over copper, though it’s the latest cable, and I don’t know when folks will get that but it’s an after market option at the time being. It may come with the DM6 someday?

If you have the all white silver cable there is a chance of it being bright sounding though I have not heard the all white cable? People report the white Teflon covered cable as brighter?

You will find out they are both tip dependent and cable dependent, meaning that we are seeing lots and lots of different ideas about how they sound. There is something magic here, meaning that due to how transparent they are they can change dramatically with small changes. Strangely they can change a ton but still are forgiving of music file quality?

Keep trying different cables and tips. I can’t imagine them sounding bright to anyone in the end?

I would try different tips and some kind of copper 2.5mm balanced cable for your Astell and Kern player? They should just become wildly transparent?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,244 of 5,353
Yes, well it’s always, on the bright side, compared to what? Is your cable the all white or gray and white? Most came with the gray and white mixed Teflon covered cables. Though I have to say, going balanced was truly what woke them up. They seemed to change too after 40 hours of burn in. Also I use Sony hybrid tips. With the hybrid tips and balanced cables they are middle-of-the-road not bright or dull sounding. They are not the most detailed to me but seem very transparent somehow showing exactly what’s in the recording. I know the prior statement seems contradictory but that’s what they are like to me. If I try and use the wide bore tips they become on the bright side, almost as if I don’t have a good air-tight fit. But in reality for me they are the farthest from bright.

There is also a pure copper colored cable, different from the white Teflon or grey and white Teflon which has a clear cover over copper, though it’s the latest cable, and I don’t know when folks will get that but it’s an after market option at the time being. It may come with the DM6 someday?

If you have the all white silver cable there is a chance of it being bright sounding though I have not heard the all white cable? People report the white Teflon covered cable as brighter?

You will find out they are both tip dependent and cable dependent, meaning that we are seeing lots and lots of different ideas about how they sound. There is something magic here, meaning that due to how transparent they are they can change dramatically with small changes. Strangely they can change a ton but still are forgiving of music file quality?

Keep trying different cables and tips. I can’t imagine them sounding bright to anyone in the end?

I would try different tips and some kind of copper 2.5mm balanced cable for your Astell and Kern player? They should just become wildly transparent?
Yes sir I completely agree with all your remarks, many sounds to be had with the dm6. I had family over I have not had a real chance to properly switch out tips, cables etc. Im out and about right now but I think on memory they are a two tone gray cable? I asked for copper silver plated but I will probably purchase all copper. They are not even burnt in yet.
No Astell&Kern for me, I hated that player, nothing sounded good with it. I sold that junk.
I have the Fiio X7mk2 and the Sony Walkman ZX2 player.
Portable amps I use the cayin c5, the Fiio E12 and Fiio A5 and the little bear B4 tube amp plus my Audioromy M6v6 class A tube amp. The sounds if these players n amps make my headphones sing. Thanks for the inputs and keep us posted . The dm6 has become a fad ..lol

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,245 of 5,353
Yes sir I completely agree with all your remarks, many sounds to be had with the dm6. I had family over I have not had a real chance to properly switch out tips, cables etc. Im out and about right now but I think on memory they are a two tone gray cable? I asked for copper silver plated but I will probably purchase all copper. They are not even burnt in yet.
No Astell&Kern for me, I hated that player, nothing sounded good with it. I sold that junk.
I have the Fiio X7mk2 and the Sony Walkman ZX2 player.
Portable amps I use the cayin c5, the Fiio E12 and Fiio A5 and the little bear B4 tube amp plus my Audioromy M6v6 class A tube amp. The sounds if these players n amps make my headphones sing. Thanks for the inputs and keep us posted . The dm6 has become a fad ..lol
Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back