BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 5, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #1,217 of 5,353

Sony WM-1Z
BGVP DM6 (solid-black) IEM (Sony MUC-M12NB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX)(Sony Hybrid Tips)

"Falling in love with this combo?"

Nice cable combo

Jan 5, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #1,218 of 5,353
Nice cable combo
Yeah, those look amazing together.
To clear the air on what cables were included with the dm6- were the newer batches dispatched with the black/silver braided cables?

Also, anyone got the dm6 hooked up with an dap+amp combo?

TIA
Mine that just arrived did indeed come with the black/silver braided cables with the right-angle connector.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,219 of 5,353
Yeah, those look amazing together.

Mine that just arrived did indeed come with the black/silver braided cables with the right-angle connector.

But this is not pure cooper cable or i am wrong?Anyway this braided cable it should be better than silver white version that bgvp dm 6 has (or had) as an option. As i saw in internet they basically put silver white cable with blue color (not marine blue as marine blue everywhere i saw was with braided two colors cable). So seems for me that some colors are prepared from bgvp initially with selected cables. I can be wrong there.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,220 of 5,353
Have you ordered the 2.5 balanced version or regular single ended 3.5 of this Bgvp cooper cable? As i thinking also to order this cooper cable for bgvp. And sadly they dont have universal solution for exaple 2.5 balanced to 3.5. As for example new ibasso 01s is shipping with such universal cable.
Exactly what i need. I asked them too, they dont have an adapter.
It is ok to use any 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, right?

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #1,221 of 5,353
Exactly what i need. I asked them too, they dont have an adapter.
It is ok to use any 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, right?
It should be fine, only need to look that it was 2.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female not other way, if you need to go from 3,5 regular cable to 2,5.
For me a little bit unclear if all cables with 2.5 plug are balanced cables. As sometimes there is an option when you buy cable 3.5, 2.5, 4.4 , but it is not mentioned balanced it is or not when choosing 2.5 and 4.4 (or it's always balanced with these plugs).
Me personally looking for 2.5 balanced cable as my amp/dac has 2.5 balanced input, so wanted to test it.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #1,222 of 5,353
Here is a little DIY I do when I like a particular ear tip but need just a bit deeper insertion.

I take a tip I don't need (in this case a Trinity Kombi tip with the foam pulled out) and slice a small ring off the barrel:

Then I slide the ring I cut off the barrel onto the IEM:

Then I just slide my tip on and presto:

I get that it moves the tips forward, but can you not just position them manually? Or is there an advantage to doing it this way?

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,225 of 5,353
To clear the air on what cables were included with the dm6- were the newer batches dispatched with the black/silver braided cables?

Also, anyone got the dm6 hooked up with an dap+amp combo?

TIA
Mine were shipped out on December 18th and arrived on December 27th. They came with the black/silver braided cable and the golden L-jack. Posted some shots a few pages back.

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,226 of 5,353
Spoken to Av store, hopefully I can change my ruby red to sapphire blue, at they have those in stock.
Getting tired of waiting now, seeing as I ordered 11/11.
My clear they said will change to marine blue. As saphire blue is darker not so transparent so prefered these. We will see. Also hope for waiting will be an end. Ofcourse still 3 weeks to come from china

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,227 of 5,353

Sony WM-1Z
BGVP DM6 (solid-black) IEM (Sony MUC-M12NB1 Headphone Cable 4.4mm Pentaconn-MMCX)(Sony Hybrid Tips)

"Falling in love with this combo?"

OMG that cable and DM6 in black combo is stunning. I bet that cable costs more than the dm6 :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,228 of 5,353
Jan 5, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #1,229 of 5,353
But this is not pure cooper cable or i am wrong?Anyway this braided cable it should be better than silver white version that bgvp dm 6 has (or had) as an option. As i saw in internet they basically put silver white cable with blue color (not marine blue as marine blue everywhere i saw was with braided two colors cable). So seems for me that some colors are prepared from bgvp initially with selected cables. I can be wrong there.

Seems to be plenty of confusion and disrepute of the supplied standard BGVP cable.

The standard BGVP cables supplied in various colours are Silver plated Copper (SPC). They are not necessarily cheap or inferior build in any way to the OCC copper. SPC cable is considered to benefit both the high and low frequency.

The slight sound signature you can get from using SPC vs OCC is a matter of taste and nothing to do with superiority. OCC is considered to benefit the lower frequency.

So depending on your taste you may end up preferring the copper for the slightly more warmer sound or the SPC for more clearer highs and lows. Don’t expect some day and night difference.

Your preference can result from the combination of your DAP and the IEMs being used.

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #1,230 of 5,353
OMG that cable and DM6 in black combo is stunning. I bet that cable costs more than the dm6 :frowning2:
42B45513-D1B2-44EB-80EE-0D3B58F35EA2.png

Nope, a little less. Silver coated OFC for $166. It’s nice, though I’m still going to be trying other cables. Not sure what my Mee Adapter set cable is made with, but the Sony has better bass; I guess OFC silver coated gets the bass?

Edit:
The Mee Adapter Set Cable is OFC silver coated too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back