BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jul 30, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #4,441 of 5,353
but alot of others have. russian roullete i can play somewhere else
I don’t have the statistics to discuss the point, so I won’t argue the other side of that. It is always true that unhappy customers will comment more than happy ones.

But you, and everyone else, will use whatever criteria you want to in order to make buying decisions. As I have had nothing but good experiences with BGVP I am likely to purchase again in the future, and am happy to recommend them to others.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #4,442 of 5,353
Do we know the root cause of the issue with the buds cutting out? Is there a specific faulty part that's is the culprit?
Yes, BGVP stated publicly that their first production run of the DM7 had a bad mmcx connector on the IEM. They admitted that they blew it and missed this.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #4,443 of 5,353
but alot of others have. russian roullete i can play somewhere else

A bit melodramatic, no? At best you can say there have definitely been some people with issues. Compared to the crazy amount of DM6 and DM7 sold, the amount of damaged pairs appears quite low to me. Like @jsmiller58 said, we don't have the actual stats to accurately argue either side, and folks will continue to use whatever criteria they like to inform their buying decisions. But with all the negativity on the last page or two, I wanted to give another point of view. I've loved my DM6 since I got it, problem free and my replacement DM7 has been flawless since I got that, so I would have zero qualms about buying a BGVP product in the future.

Below is an excerpt from a post of mine earlier in this thread. I believe the message is still pertinent to this discussion:

"....A person with an issue is always more vocal than those without one. Simply meaning that for every person who came here to discuss their DM7 issue there are many more out there just enjoying their problem free DM7. Like @tichyztech said, when that happens it can make things appear magnified. I'm actually on both sides of the topic because I got my DM7 and did have a channel imbalance but Linsoul was awesome and hooked me up with a replacement. The replacement functions perfect and sounds amazing. So, you're free to be excited about the DM7, you're more likely to receive a fully functional IEM than not in my opinion."

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #4,445 of 5,353
When I found I had problems with my DM7, Linsoul asked me to check using different cables, then when the problem was still there ask me to return. They agreed to pay return shipping costs and only wanted the left IEM. They also apologies for the problem. So, okay I got a bad one, but Linsoul have been very good in making amends. So for me, at the moment, I am very happy. But I have yet to see what returns from Linsoul, and how long the return takes.

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #4,447 of 5,353
Mine were from Audiosense own store on AliExpress free dhl shipping included, arrived within 5 days of ordering.
Got stung for taxes tho, U.K. anything over $20 gets 20% surcharge :frowning2:

Doesn't help with the pound falling ever further does it ? :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #4,449 of 5,353
IMG_0489.jpeg
IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_0487.jpeg

Hey Guys,

I received the BGVP DMS as a review sample a few months ago and really enjoyed reviewing them. Their sound signature was v shaped ish and lots of fun to listen to. Curiosity got the better of me, and I really wanted to see what BGVP could do with less budget constraints, as I felt they had potential in terms of tuning IEMs. I ended up purchasing a pair of their top of the line model, the “Art Magic V12.” No review units were available as loaners, so I took the dive. I was on the hunt for a pair of higher end IEMs regardless, so it just sort of worked out.

They released the “Art Magic V12” a few months ago, and at $1299USD, it sure isn’t cheap, especially coming from a company that most people associate with more budget oriented gear. I was really, really, worried it would be a case of jam a *bunch* of drivers in a shell, hope for the best, and charge a lot for it. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comfort is great so far, but I will report back about this in my full review.

Sound: Less V shaped than the DMS, more neutral (at least to my ears) with a completely new level of detail, and soundstage width/depth. The tuning doesn’t sound wonky, or seem to have any hardcore peaks or suckouts at any particular frequency. I do prefer a bit more bass than these provide in the stock tuning. One thing I should note is that the V12’s have two dip switches, to increase the bass, or mid/highs. I haven’t played with these yet, but will report back in my full review.

One thing I have noticed so far is that they sound much less rough, and raspy than the DMS. It is a smoother sound.

Compared to some of the items I have owned in the past, these stand up very well to the competition (so far.) Including the Tia Fourte, which costs a *lot* more. Very different sounding earphones, but it shows that the V12’s aren’t a slouch when it comes to technicalities and sonic proficiency.

Now, I’m not saying these are great value. They aren’t. They still cost $1299USD, which is a lot of money for a pair of earphones, especially with more and more competition coming out of Asia in the lower price segments.

Any questions, ask away :)

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #4,450 of 5,353
Hi folks, what is the popular tip that you folks are using on DM7 ?

I was using a mix of Final Audio E type, JVC Sprial, Spin-Fit CP145 & CP100.

They are all good, but they fall off easily. I need to stretch the Final Audio E type to fit. Wondering if you folks are using other Alternatives.

PS: I am a happy user of DM6 and DM7. However, I didn't use the cable nor the tips that came with it.

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #4,451 of 5,353
Hi folks, what is the popular tip that you folks are using on DM7 ?

I was using a mix of Final Audio E type, JVC Sprial, Spin-Fit CP145 & CP100.

They are all good, but they fall off easily. I need to stretch the Final Audio E type to fit. Wondering if you folks are using other Alternatives.

PS: I am a happy user of DM6 and DM7. However, I didn't use the cable nor the tips that came with it.

I use the Spiral Dots with the DM7 since it is small and makes it fit more comfortably, and it also helps making it a little brighter sounding. I personally wouldnt use it with the DM6 since I find that too harsh on some of the music I listen to.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #4,453 of 5,353

Hey Guys,

I received the BGVP DMS as a review sample a few months ago and really enjoyed reviewing them. Their sound signature was v shaped ish and lots of fun to listen to. Curiosity got the better of me, and I really wanted to see what BGVP could do with less budget constraints, as I felt they had potential in terms of tuning IEMs. I ended up purchasing a pair of their top of the line model, the “Art Magic V12.” No review units were available as loaners, so I took the dive. I was on the hunt for a pair of higher end IEMs regardless, so it just sort of worked out.

They released the “Art Magic V12” a few months ago, and at $1299USD, it sure isn’t cheap, especially coming from a company that most people associate with more budget oriented gear. I was really, really, worried it would be a case of jam a *bunch* of drivers in a shell, hope for the best, and charge a lot for it. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comfort is great so far, but I will report back about this in my full review.

Sound: Less V shaped than the DMS, more neutral (at least to my ears) with a completely new level of detail, and soundstage width/depth. The tuning doesn’t sound wonky, or seem to have any hardcore peaks or suckouts at any particular frequency. I do prefer a bit more bass than these provide in the stock tuning. One thing I should note is that the V12’s have two dip switches, to increase the bass, or mid/highs. I haven’t played with these yet, but will report back in my full review.

One thing I have noticed so far is that they sound much less rough, and raspy than the DMS. It is a smoother sound.

Compared to some of the items I have owned in the past, these stand up very well to the competition (so far.) Including the Tia Fourte, which costs a *lot* more. Very different sounding earphones, but it shows that the V12’s aren’t a slouch when it comes to technicalities and sonic proficiency.

Now, I’m not saying these are great value. They aren’t. They still cost $1299USD, which is a lot of money for a pair of earphones, especially with more and more competition coming out of Asia in the lower price segments.

Any questions, ask away :)

I'm jealous, have you compared these to the DM6?

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #4,454 of 5,353
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #4,455 of 5,353
Hello Guys. I recently have boutgh DM7, it is my first expirience with BGVP. My friend remove the frequancy response and it disappoint me, becouse it isn't the same, it isn't even close to FR's DM7 in internet like in Crinacle review. Maybe they messed up the filters? Could you give advise? Maybe somebody has had this problem already.

First FR is from my friend:
27480964_m.jpg

Second is from Crinacle:
27480964_m.jpg

This is how filters sets in earphones:

Low is yellow, mid is red, high - mid is brown, highs is white

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back