BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jul 7, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #4,351 of 5,353
Yeah i said long time ago that bgvp has serious problems with quality control and manufacturing. It was with dm6 and seems became even worse with dm7. Mine dm6 after tfz 3 is unusable and is in the box somewhere. After I harsh and unnatural treble Tfz 3 is uncomparably better in my opinion. But if someone was lucky and got better dm unit. Then it could be different story.

I have 2 pairs of dm6 and I think they sound great (Final Audio E tips and ISN copper cable). I bought the first set from BGVPs own store on AliExpress and they are superb.The second pair I got from Penon, they lasted a week before the left iem gave up (no sound). However after about 3 weeks of BGVP/Penon emails they replaced them and I now have 2 sets that are both excellent. Penon were brilliant throughout the return, it just seemed that BGVP were the slow party in the chain, whether it’s their customer service that’s slow or they were low on stock I can’t say, but it was sorted and took nearly a month to replace a faulty week old iem.

Jul 7, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #4,352 of 5,353
Yeah i said long time ago that bgvp has serious problems with quality control and manufacturing. It was with dm6 and seems became even worse with dm7. Mine dm6 after tfz 3 is unusable and is in the box somewhere. After I harsh and unnatural treble Tfz 3 is uncomparably better in my opinion. But if someone was lucky and got better dm unit. Then it could be different story.

Not in the same league. The DM6 are miles better.

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #4,353 of 5,353
Not in the same league. The DM6 are miles better.
perhaps i reconsider my opinion. Testing with freshly received m11 dap and dm6 sounds less harsh more balanced. Extremely detailed and little bit bright but muuuch better than with previous sources. Could it be source question. Don't know yet. This is details monster with m11, more details and much more revealing than tfz3. This is not for all type of music but with live music freaking nice what can i say.. Wish it had more dd type bass with rumble in subbass and a little bit less brigtnes. For my taste it could be perfecto with m11. But only with this nice dap.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #4,354 of 5,353
Just a question, does anyone use an amp with the Dm7?
I have seen the Ba300s and wondered how this would improve or inhibit the sound, paired with the M11.
Or would I be wasting my time, and money
Regards Steve
The sound is always improved by much using an amp, even if the dap is powerful already. I pair my Hiby R6-Pro with the Fiio E12 portable amp which pushes 850mW of power. Everything at my end and I have dozens of headphones n iems, always improves with amps.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #4,355 of 5,353
perhaps i reconsider my opinion. Testing with freshly received m11 dap and dm6 sounds less harsh more balanced. Extremely detailed and little bit bright but muuuch better than with previous sources. Could it be source question. Don't know yet. This is details monster with m11, more details and much more revealing than tfz3. This is not for all type of music but with live music freaking nice what can i say.. Wish it had more dd type bass with rumble in subbass and a little bit less brigtnes. For my taste it could be perfecto with m11. But only with this nice dap.

Now that sounds more like my own personal experience. AND YES, I think it is a source dependent. Try using a pure copper cable to reduce the brightness.

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #4,356 of 5,353
Now that sounds more like my own personal experience. AND YES, I think it is a source dependent. Try using a pure copper cable to reduce the brightness.
From your curent iems how is fearless 8f compared to dm6. Do they have similar tuning? Are 8f less bright and do they have stronger lower part? Your experience is interesting with these.

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #4,357 of 5,353
The 8f is definitely more aggressive in that sense compared to the DM6. Yes, the sub-bass is perhaps more pronounced and you get to hear even more details - as crazy as it may sound. While subjective, I think it would be safe to say The DM6 are much comfortable listening to for longer period of times while the 8f earphones are better for shorter terms.

Jul 7, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #4,358 of 5,353
The 8f is definitely more aggressive in that sense compared to the DM6. Yes, the sub-bass is perhaps more pronounced and you get to hear even more details - as crazy as it may sound. While subjective, I think it would be safe to say The DM6 are much comfortable listening to for longer period of times while the 8f earphones are better for shorter terms.
Which earphones do you frequent?
Solaris
S8F
DM6?

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #4,359 of 5,353
Solaris
S8F
DM6?
Get a s8pro i guess. Ok just my 2 cent. People in reddit have different opinions on hearing things. You better do some readings there too!

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #4,360 of 5,353
The sound is always improved by much using an amp, even if the dap is powerful already. I pair my Hiby R6-Pro with the Fiio E12 portable amp which pushes 850mW of power. Everything at my end and I have dozens of headphones n iems, always improves with amps.
Thanks Tony.

For your response will have a look around to see what suits ,I do like the Oriolus BA300S Portable tube Amp

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #4,361 of 5,353
Solaris
S8F
DM6?

Depends >> When I travel / commute I use the DM6, at home Solaris but for short listening sessions I use the SF8.

Jul 8, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #4,362 of 5,353
Get a s8pro i guess. Ok just my 2 cent. People in reddit have different opinions on hearing things. You better do some readings there too!
in wich subs are you looking on reddit

Jul 8, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #4,363 of 5,353
in wich subs are you looking on reddit
r/headphones.

Not gonna lie, i prefer reddit sometimes! Less paid reviewers that makes thing even less bias.

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #4,364 of 5,353
Thanks Tony.

For your response will have a look around to see what suits ,I do like the Oriolus BA300S Portable tube Amp

The oriolus specs shows that it is a weak amp for high impedance headphones. I'd give the little bear b4 a try. It puts out 450 mW and sounds pretty darn good and it is much cheaper
BGGAR puts out good reviews but never talks about power so I have to do additional homework after his reviews. Even though you will not use all the power, just having headroom power will make things sound better. At least that has been the experience for me.
Tony

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #4,365 of 5,353
The oriolus specs shows that it is a weak amp for high impedance headphones. I'd give the little bear b4 a try. It puts out 450 mW and sounds pretty darn good and it is much cheaper
BGGAR puts out good reviews but never talks about power so I have to do additional homework after his reviews. Even though you will not use all the power, just having headroom power will make things sound better. At least that has been the experience for me.
Tony
Hi again.
Well a bit of time has passed and a lot of YT, yes I do like BGGAR myself, hence the tube amp, but he never did a review on it.
Will see how the little bear is priced.
Have also seen this xduoo xd-05
Little bear is quite cheap, might check out some reviews

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back