BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 18, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #4,291 of 5,353
I don't get why BGVP opted to use plastic for higher-end models and aluminum for the DMG, the aluminum casings just feel right. Is it for sound/resonance/vibration or cost reasons?
If I remember correctly, the higher-end models are 3D printed out of resin with some fancy German 3D printer. I think it's probably for BA positioning, since there are so many of them to fit.

I agree with you, I think the feel of the DMGs is fantastic. The Pinnacle P1s are also metal, and I like their fit and feel.

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #4,292 of 5,353
Hey, i just request a return from Amazon, Linsoul as a seller. Just wondering if their support is excellent or not.

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #4,294 of 5,353
PM @OldDude04 he has mentioned that linsoul has excellent customer service.
Ok thank god. I m just scared if Linsoul do a multiple review of the unit before approving the refund.

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #4,295 of 5,353
Ok thank god. I m just scared if Linsoul do a multiple review of the unit before approving the refund.

Linsoul was awesome. I messaged them about my DM7 issues, they were back to me super fast, asked me to send to an agent of theirs in Texas, once he received my return, they shipped out my replacement from China. Was a painless and pretty quick process. I received my first pair on the 27th of May, sent them back a few days later, and received my replacement pair on the 14th of June. All the while they emailed me updates on what was happening. I could not be happier with Linsoul's customer service, and my DM7 now.

Don't know if it matters, but I bought directly from Linsoul, not Amazon with Linsoul as the seller.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #4,296 of 5,353
Linsoul was awesome. I messaged them about my DM7 issues, they were back to me super fast, asked me to send to an agent of theirs in Texas, once he received my return, they shipped out my replacement from China. Was a painless and pretty quick process. I received my first pair on the 27th of May, sent them back a few days later, and received my replacement pair on the 14th of June. All the while they emailed me updates on what was happening. I could not be happier with Linsoul's customer service, and my DM7 now.

Don't know if it matters, but I bought directly from Linsoul, not Amazon with Linsoul as the seller.

Im in the situation of returning it without asking for replacement. Im just tired of dealing with chifi. I just pulled a trigger for andromeda so, what i want now is just return for good.

Do they ever listen to the customer that want to return for good?

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #4,297 of 5,353
Im in the situation of returning it without asking for replacement. Im just tired of dealing with chifi. I just pulled a trigger for andromeda so, what i want now is just return for good.

Do they ever listen to the customer that want to return for good?

You won't regret getting the Andromeda's. Not one bit. Buy once, cry once, you done.

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #4,298 of 5,353
You won't regret getting the Andromeda's. Not one bit. Buy once, cry once, you done.
Thats the plan. Because i remember back then when im doing the headphones end game. Tons of $300 $500 headphones before the HD800.

Yes, this time, i dont want to waste more time anymore. Return everything and get the best one before it's too late.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #4,299 of 5,353
Thats the plan. Because i remember back then when im doing the headphones end game. Tons of $300 $500 headphones before the HD800.

Yes, this time, i dont want to waste more time anymore. Return everything and get the best one before it's too late.

If it helps, I have not heard everything under the sun, BUT I've heard quite a bit ( I know others will outrank me-of course) but it will be extremely hard to find something that is better for less in regards to the Andromeda's. Of course more money can get you more, but you will not gain a lot to make it worth it. The Andromeda's check a lot of boxes for me. I did order the DM7 out of curiosity though. Nothing in my profile comes close to the Andromeda's, but I am hoping the DM7 will become second favorite in my profile list.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #4,300 of 5,353
If it helps, I have not heard everything under the sun, BUT I've heard quite a bit ( I know others will outrank me-of course) but it will be extremely hard to find something that is better for less in regards to the Andromeda's. Of course more money can get you more, but you will not gain a lot to make it worth it. The Andromeda's check a lot of boxes for me. I did order the DM7 out of curiosity though. Nothing in my profile comes close to the Andromeda's, but I am hoping the DM7 will become second favorite in my profile list.

Do you have es100? Im planning to pair the andromeda with it for on the go.

I personally "okay" with DM7 but it is not my preference. It is really comfortable though. The details are good too but it is not controlled to make you hear every single thing.

So basically i bought 3 different IEMs at one time thru amazon, KPE, DM7, EX800st and the plan is to keep one of them. It turns out ex800st has the exceptionally different feeling into it. I dont feel like using IEM with this ex800st. Not crazy details but open-back headphones feeling. I played ASMR with ex800st and yes, the feels are frxxking amazing! I will return KPE and DM7 and keep ex800st for the sake of unique and it is really good tbh!

My Andromeda is going to be the end game for my on the go general listening.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #4,301 of 5,353
@Hi-Fi'er i just realize that u have zs5. Is that version 1? If so, can you comment on the sound signature of zs5 vs andromeda. Yes, tbh zs5 to me sounds really unique and 3D.

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #4,302 of 5,353

I personally "okay" with DM7 but it is not my preference. It is really comfortable though. The details are good too but it is not controlled to make you hear every single thing.

So basically i bought 3 different IEMs at one time thru amazon, KPE, DM7, EX800st and the plan is to keep one of them. It turns out ex800st has the exceptionally different feeling into it. I dont feel like using IEM with this ex800st. Not crazy details but open-back headphones feeling. I played ASMR with ex800st and yes, the feels are frxxking amazing! I will return KPE and DM7 and keep ex800st for the sake of unique and it is really good tbh!

The ex800 is great. The XBA Z5 is even better. Like the ex800 with better mids a little more detail. Same spaciousness. These two are the only iems I have ever listened to and liked. I always thought iems sounded tinny and crappy, but love the Z5's

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #4,303 of 5,353

the EX1000 and EX800 open-backness really venture to the earbuds realm. there's exciting stuff going on there that can genuinely rival their performance at a more competitive price

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #4,304 of 5,353
I bought DM6 6 months ago based on rec from Hawai bad boy and the community here. At that time, there were even members who were comparing them with Andromeda. I was excited to have an IEM at 199$ that sounds like an IEM at 1099$. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by the sibillance in DM6. I just can't listen to some music with them. Then I bought Andromeda and was very impressed by their performance. Yes they cost 5 times the price of DM6 but the difference is just huge. Now I enjoy listening to all the details in my music without any sibillance and with an amazing soundstage. After Andromeda, I bought a set of Atlas and was again impressed by these IEM
My conclusion from this experience is: you get what you pay for. I prefer to invest more money in good IEM once for all and enjoy my music, rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would have QC problems or sound horrible. I don't trust Chifi anymore and won't buy any chifi in the future

R.I.P Chi-fi

Chi-fi isn't dead and more money doesn't necessarily buy you better sound. Some people just prefer other IEMS that happen to cost more, this is an extremely subjective hobby. I've had a good bit of head time with CA Andromedas and I prefer both my DM6 and DM7. I think the Fearless S4 sound better as well. See, that is what makes this hobby great, I can feel the way I do, others can feel the way they do, and we can all still enjoy some music.

The problem these days is that you never really know who's sincerely subjective about a product and post a real and objective opinion and who's getting paid to express their "experience" (and i'm not suggesting any of the aforementioned members are).

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #4,305 of 5,353
The problem these days is that you never really know who's sincerely subjective about a product and post a real and objective opinion and who's getting paid to express their "experience" (and i'm not suggesting any of the aforementioned members are).
Indeed unlucky dm7 customers complaining about the mostly loose left connector. But it's a connector issue and not a sound quality degradation issue. I'm no expect but logically only way this can happen is if the wires are touching the mmcx connector moves right?
Mine came yesterday took 4 days to UK impressive! I got the clear black, the connector is not loose on my set. For me they do sound miles better than my beloved DMG, listening to Yosi -Letter. I'm treble sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back